U.S. Ice Dance 2021-22 season news & updates

layman

I really liked Hubbell and Donahue's FD. It's fluid, organic and fast and shows off their power, lines and sweeping edges.

The Janet Jackson SD shows a lot of promise. It's chock full of innovative movements, intricate connections and really great footwork, plus it's classic Hubbell and Donahue, as they manage to add an element of sexiness to the dance. I think the (short) dance with it's staccato rhythms and tons of upper body work really challenges Hubbell and Donahue and pulls them out of their comfort zone (which is the FD). They did not look 100% comfortable with their SD at the first competition, but with more mileage, I think it could be a winner.

barbarafan

I really liked Hubbell and Donahue's FD. It's fluid, organic and fast and shows off their power, lines and sweeping edges.

The Janet Jackson SD shows a lot of promise. It's chock full of innovative movements, intricate connections and really great footwork, plus it's classic Hubbell and Donahue, as they manage to add an element of sexiness to the dance. I think the (short) dance with it's staccato rhythms and tons of upper body work really challenges Hubbell and Donahue and pulls them out of their comfort zone (which is the FD). They did not look 100% comfortable with their SD at the first competition, but with more mileage, I think it could be a winner.
Is there anywhere we can see their dances now?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Is there any board rule against posting videos in the non-subscriber area? I can post them here if it's allowed.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I seem to remember that videos are "safer" (i.e., less likely to be taken down for copyright) if they're kept in the Kiss-n-Cry area of the board. I think that's why they're kept in that area of the forum.

@Braulio: Is this correct??

Since they belong to current season and yes to prevent them being taken down (like the ones I posted first on youtube) I prefer to have them there. Though I don't know if it is a rule per se.

mtnskater

I didn’t know Kolesnick was still going to skate for the U.S either.

Also I hadn’t heard Ian Somerville and his previous partner broke up :confused:

litenkyckling

I didn’t know Kolesnick was still going to skate for the U.S either.

Also I hadn’t heard Ian Somerville and his previous partner broke up :confused:
Katarina Del Camp skates with Billy Wilson-French in the UK now. But I don't think they ever announced the end of their partnership, they just stopped posting on social media, dropped off the ISP list and then appeared with new partners

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
IAM posted a simulation video on IG of C/B to music that’s been identified as Daft Punk, but then the video was removed. It was reposted by the Team ChockBates account though so it’s still out there. That music doesn’t match what someone had reported on Twitter from Champs Camp, which makes me happy because I wasn’t a fan of those selections.

VGThuy

IAM posted a simulation video on IG of C/B to music that’s been identified as Daft Punk, but then the video was removed. It was reposted by the Team ChockBates account though so it’s still out there. That music doesn’t match what someone had reported on Twitter from Champs Camp, which makes me happy because I wasn’t a fan of those selections.
Has it been removed from the Team ChockBates account as well? I don't see it there anymore. I do like the idea of them doing Daft Punk though. C/B really know how to skate and move to a rhythm.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Has it been removed from the Team ChockBates account as well? I don't see it there anymore. I do like the idea of them doing Daft Punk though. C/B really know how to skate and move to a rhythm.
Looks like they deleted it too 🙁

litenkyckling

I feel like they were rumoured to have been doing Daft Punk, so the Champs Camp music rumour was surprising (personally hope the FD music rumour from champs camp is also wrong!!)

VGThuy

I feel like they were rumoured to have been doing Daft Punk, so the Champs Camp music rumour was surprising (personally hope the FD music rumour from champs camp is also wrong!!)
Please remind me, what were the rumors, again?

dancing_on_ice

I'm inclined to agree with the Daft Punk rumor for C/B's RD since Daft Punk has been on a public playlist in Madi's Spotify for a while.

I feel like I Hear a Symphony is either the free dance or an exhibition. The performance they did for the ISU awards definitely isn't the final version, since there's no twizzle sequence, and a lot of the moves are reused from old programs, where the combination lift is the same one they did from their Fever FD, they did the same step sequence that they used in the Snake Dance, plus they did a lift and reused the ending choreo sequence from their Imagine FD. If it is actually their free dance, I would hope it's more original. There were clips of them performing I Hear a Symphony at the Sun Valley show they did a bit over a month ago, so it's definitely going to be part of their Olympic season to some degree.

Sylvia

TBD
Greg Zuerlein posted an Instagram story of Emily Bratti and Ian Somerville practicing so looks like they’re training with him in Canton.
Senior Rhythm Dance in Blaine, MN (first of the 2 Nationals qualifying competitions in dance; second will be November 17-20 in Alpharetta, GA) is scheduled to start at 6:30 pm Eastern tonight and will be livestreamed for Peacock Premium subscribers - starting order/results: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2021/30101/CAT017SEG035.html

6 of the 8 Senior dance teams listed are new this season: Emily Bratti/Ian Somerville, Sophia Domonoske/Thomas Schwappach, Cayla Cottrell/Uladzislau Palkhouski (link to his ISU bio for BLR), Riona Harris/Tyler Vollmer, Raffaella Koncius/Alexey Shchepetov, Livvy Shilling/Ryan O'Donnell.

Top 3 in Junior RD last night were Elliana & Ethan Peal, Helena Carhart/Volodymyr Horovyi, Vanessa Pham/Jonathan Rogers and the FD will be streamed on Peacock starting at 3:50 ET later today - FD starting order: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2021/30101/CAT006SEG034.html

USFS' Fan Zone platform is livestreaming the Novice, Intermediate & Juvenile level events (on demand viewing available afterwards): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/
Ben Agosto coached the winning Juvenile dance team (Fischer siblings) who were jumping up and down just now after their scores were announced. :)
Intermediate FD is underway and the Novice FD is scheduled to start at 2 pm Eastern (looking forward to watching Olivia Ilin/Dylan Cain's Joker-themed program).

Link to the competition thread for USFS' Championship Series in the Kiss & Cry forum: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ifying-competitions-oct-5-nov-20-2021.108695/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
JGP update:

Isabella Flores has shared a "vlog-like montage of the trip to Poland, sightseeing, competing, and everything in between": https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUoITeEl5lP/
Flores/Tsarevski won their second silver medal in Gdansk last week and their training mates Neset/Markelov finished 5th.

Katarina Wolfkostin/Jeffrey Chen and Oona & Gage Brown have qualified for the JGP Final :) (ISU announced 2 days ago that all the JGP gold medalists would qualify this season). The Browns have their 2nd JGP this week in Linz, Austria, joined by Angela Ling/Caleb Wein who are in contention for the last open spot in the JGP Final - here's IDC's new article on Ling/Wein:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information