What song are you listening to?

Japanfan

Nobody seems to be posting any country songs in this thread. Perhaps I am not the only fan of contemporary country music?

I actually love country music (can't get enough Johnny Cash)!

And I love classical too, though not much in between excepting some folk tunes and the folk/rock'n'roll I grew up with in the 70s.

I actually hardly listen to music everyone, I've still got my tape collections and the DVD collection I made from them. Both just gather dust.

Perhaps it is because I get my musical fix from FS. And when the yankee polka is the RD, it goes a long way as a musical experience.

Last edited:

Susan1

Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult :)

and then These Eyes - The Guess Who

We were talking about Girl Scouts on a "Remember" FB page and "Little rabbit (some say bunny) Fru-Fru (or foo-foo), running through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head" has been stuck in my head. :rolleyes:

gkelly

I actually love country music (can't get enough Johnny Cash)!

And I love classical too, though not much in between excepting some folk tunes and the folk/rock'n'roll I grew up with in the 70s.
Are there any country songs that borrow tunes from classical pieces?

Susan1

I Saw the Light - Todd Rundgren. I don't know why that song makes me feel good. I don't attach anything specific to it. I didn't even have the 45.

Then - Day After Day - Badfinger

o.k. - Black Dog - Led Zeppelin (I used to be afraid of that song because it was playing on the radio at night after we saw Omega Man at the theatre. The ah ah ah's reminded me of those albino monster people that never saw daylight. I was a kid, but now I'm going to be thinking about that again. I need a happy song.)

I did a bunch of skips - Us and Them - Pink Floyd. Not a happy song, but one of my faves. Now I have to sit here for 7 minutes before I go do the dishes.

Last edited:

PeterG

How about some current power pop? Some very catchy gems.

FLETCHER - Undrunk

Conrad Sewell - Changing

Fly By Midnight - You Belong

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
This song is from the Fleetwood Mac Live, 1980, (2 album set) from Santa Monica.

Fireflies

A song by Stevie Nicks that was written in honor of Dr. Jane Goodall after becoming aware of her research into the cruelty experienced by chimpanzees.

From her Street Angel album:

Jane

Simone411

PeterG

I googled the lyrics, too, after you mentioned it. I was sort of shocked because I wasn't expecting that! :rofl:

Listening to B-52's Whammy album. I don't know why I like this particular song, but I do. It's pretty crazy.

Song For A Future Generation

Stunnin' gets played on my local radio station a fair bit, there must be a PG-13 edit of the song that gets played. I don't remember the lyrics as google showed me. :lol:

One of my favourite B-52's songs:

The B-52's - Deadbeat Club

Simone411

PeterG

@PeterG, thanks for sharing. I totally LOVE Bananarama, and this one is my most favorite of all.

I Heard A Rumour :summer:

That's a great one, love it! This is an earlier one that was released right after Cruel Summer, their first hit in the U.S. It only hit #95 on the Billboard Hot 100, but it was a #3 hit in their native U.K.:

Robert DeNiro's Waiting

I love this song and yet I wonder what would have happened if Dad hadnā€™t pushed so hard?

We would have ended up with a happier family continuing to make music like this until today:

The Jacksons - Walk Right Now

Simone411

That's a great one, love it! This is an earlier one that was released right after Cruel Summer, their first hit in the U.S. It only hit #95 on the Billboard Hot 100, but it was a #3 hit in their native U.K.:

Robert DeNiro's Waiting

We would have ended up with a happier family continuing to make music like this until today:

The Jacksons - Walk Right Now
Thanks for sharing all this. I remember when Michael Jackson hit the billboards with "I Wanna Be Where You Are". It was written by T-Boy Ross and Leon Ware for Michael. It was Number 16 on the billboard in 1972.

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Michael Jackson (Jackson Five)

Here's the history about the song, I Wanna Be Where You Are from Wikipedia:

Later, various artists sang the song after Michael made it famous.

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Dusty Springfield 1972

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Gary Bartz 1972

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Leon Ware 1976

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Melissa Manchester 1977 (From her 'Singin' album)

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Dave Valentin, flutist. From his 1978 album, Legends.

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Jose Feliciano 1982 (on his first Motown album produced by Berry Gordy)

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Sybil (from her 1989 R&B album, 'Sybil', and released as a single in 1990)

The song was also used by various artists in the 2000's like Chris Brown and Jennifer Lopez, and was also used in 2010's.

And Beyonce' Knowles covered the song in 2009 on her live CD/DVD, I Am ... Yours, and in 2011 at the Michael Forever tribute:

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Beyonce' Live Michael's Forever in London 2011

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was listening to a CD with some of the hits from the 70s through the 90s.

Alone again, naturally - Gilbert Oā€™ Sullivan

Time in a bottle- Jim Croce

Catā€™s in the cradle - Harry Chapin

Afternoon delight- Starland vocal band

Torn between two lovers- Mary MacGregor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information