What song are you listening to?

Susan1

Susan - The Buckinghams!!!

The stupid train crash part that ruins MY song -
"The song contains a short excerpt of Charles Ives' composition, Central Park in the Dark, which contrasts sharply with the sunshine pop flavor of the majority of the song.[8] The section containing this excerpt was added by producer James William Guercio,[8] and the group disliked this addition after they heard it.[9] This section was edited out by many radio stations that played the song.[9][10]"

Susan1

Precious and Few - Climax

This is still the bottom of this week's countdown - 1972
Hurting Each Other - Carpenters
Old Fashioned Love Song - Three Dog Night

(and climbing, of course)

Then I was thinking -- who would have thought when I was a kid that there would be special programs on the radio to listen to these songs almost 50 years later. And special Beatles radio programs. I grew up with the best music!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Rainy days and Mondays - Carpenters

Today is Monday and it was raining in the morning. It didn’t get me down though because we look forward to rain. Nice to get some moisture in the desert.

Susan1

Amie - Pure Prairie League. I like the Falling in an out of Love that was sort of attached before it on the album that they hardly ever played on the radio. Here's the whole thing -

Susan1

I forgot I could do skips till I found something good to report. It took 6 -

Go All the Way - Raspberries.

PeterG

Nobody seems to be posting any country songs in this thread. Perhaps I am not the only fan of contemporary country music?

Ingrid Andress - More Hearts Than Mine

Eric Church - Monsters

Clay Walker - Change

Matt Stell - Prayed For You

Susan1

I've Seen That Movie too - Elton John

I put that on one of my mix tapes/CDs.

From Good-bye Yellow Brick Road. So I have it three places.

%#%#%#
Laughing - the Guess Who (came on while I was typing)

katmari

Happy 89th birthday, John Williams! 🎂

His music is so iconic and such a war horse in figure skating programs that it's hard to pick a favorite.

I remember hearing the music in the TV movie Jane Eyre and loving it, long before I knew it was composed by John Williams.

Jane Eyre Suite

Speaking of War Horse, in January 2020 John Williams conducted the Vienna Philharmonic for the first time and music from the Steven Spielberg movie War Horse was included in the program.

Dartmoor, 1912

Susan1

Eighteen - Alice Cooper (One of my favorites songs, and I've never been an 18 year old boy. It's just "pretty". hee hee)

Waiting for a Carole King song to play for her 75th birthday. I should probably be on an oldies or soft rock station instead of classic rock. But internet stations don't know what day it is anyway.

Susan1

She's My Girl - Turtles (I have that 45)

And we saw them (I don't know who of the original members by then) at a picnic in Dayton.

Here -

We heard it, weren't close, but everybody left without any stampeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information