What song are you listening to?

PeterG

Thanks for sharing all this. I remember when Michael Jackson hit the billboards with "I Wanna Be Where You Are". It was written by T-Boy Ross and Leon Ware for Michael. It was Number 16 on the billboard in 1972.

That is such a brilliant song. And I'm not even going to bother listening to any other version of the song because I can't see anybody's version comparing to Michael's. I also quite like his last solo song released (four years) before his Off The Wall album came out:

Michael Jackson - Just A Little Bit Of You

It went to #23 on the U.S. pop charts, but it's a forgotten gem. I don't remember ever hearing it on the radio at any point of my life.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
That is such a brilliant song. And I'm not even going to bother listening to any other version of the song because I can't see anybody's version comparing to Michael's. I also quite like his last solo song released (four years) before his Off The Wall album came out:

Michael Jackson - Just A Little Bit Of You

It went to #23 on the U.S. pop charts, but it's a forgotten gem. I don't remember ever hearing it on the radio at any point of my life.
I LOVE that song, Peter! Thanks for sharing it, and you're right about that. I had completely forgotten about that song.

Regarding "I Wanna Be Where You Are". The first artist I heard sing that song other than Michael was Melissa Manchester. I bought her Singin' album, and that's when I discovered that she had included "I Wanna Be Where You Are". I like her version of the song, but Michael will always be the one that made that song famous.

Another song that I fell in love with was "Whenever I Call You Friend" which, of course, was a duet with Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks that came out in 1978. I was puzzled at first about Kenny Loggins and Melissa Manchester being listed on the label because it was Stevie that was singing with Kenny. It wasn't until later that I found out Melissa along with Kenny wrote the song.

Whenever I Call You Friend

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am a big fan of little Yaroslava Degtyareva. I have already posted her Kukushka at age 7.

She is 9 years old in this performance. Mature theme (Unselfish Soul)

She is 12 now. She sings Katoosha with Polina Gagarina.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Jackson 5 - I want you back

Ben - Michael Jackson
At the 1973 Oscars

I’ll be there - Jackson 5

Last edited:

Susan1

Hummingbird - Seals and Crofts (American Top 40 the 70s). 1973 I had to stop typing to listen. I got chills.

Earlier - The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia. I have that 45.

Susan1

Golden Slumbers - You all know that is.

The song before that one, Walk Away Renee - I've always forgotten to ask if anybody here could ever understand the words they were singing. ha ha
I looked it up the last time the song came on here, and I still couldn't understand it this time. I don't know how we ever sang it along with the radio. Pretty Ballerina, we got. Both songs by Left Banke

Susan1

70s channel on the t.v.
One Less Bell to Answer - 5th Dimension
Haven't Got Time for the Pain - Carly Simon

It's not like the Sunday morning radio show where I just get one year. But then I have to hope they don't play any disco.

Susan1

O.k. weird - I was talking about A Star Is Born and Barbra Streisand on the t.v. thread and All In Love Is Fair by Stevie Wonder came on the the internet radio. None of that has anything to do with each other. Just that I like Barbra's version better. Stevie wrote it, but he sings it too fast. Barbra's is haunting.

Then - Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
My niece, Amanda, fell in love with Eric Clapton because of my ex-sister-in-law and me always playing his music around her. Amanda was so influenced by it that she named her first born (my great niece) Layla. Layla is 12 years old now, and she also loves Eric Clapton.

I've been listening this morning to the many different versions of that song that Eric made so famous.

Layla (Live)

Layla (Acoustic) Live at MTV Unplugged UK 1/16/1992

Layla Live -1986 - The date, 1972, was incorrect. The concert was during his 1986 tour.

Layla Original

Layla (Live Aid 1985)

Susan1

A Song for You - Leon Russell. I love the Carpenters version, of course, but he wrote it, and it's my favorite. Gives me chills.

So - there's a message on accuradio that they are leaving the internet next week. Where does everybody else listen to free, no commercial classic rock and oldies for background, without having to go look for songs?

Susan1

A Song for You - Leon Russell. I love the Carpenters version, of course, but he wrote it, and it's my favorite. Gives me chills.

So - there's a message on accuradio that they are leaving the internet next week. Where does everybody else listen to free, no commercial classic rock and oldies for background, without having to go look for songs?
Yippee!!!

PeterG

Teena Marie - 365

I can't believe this was never released as a single. It has all the makings of being a big pop/soul/dance crossover smash hit. So joyous, a song that makes you want to get up and MOVE! :D

Susan1

It's a Fine Life (Shani Wallis) from Oliver! I turned up the t.v. so I could listen in here. I need to get back to hear As Long As He Needs Me.

Cachoo

Teena Marie - 365

I can't believe this was never released as a single. It has all the makings of being a big pop/soul/dance crossover smash hit. So joyous, a song that makes you want to get up and MOVE! :D
I didn't even know she had died! Good song. In the "gone too soon" genre there is Laura Branigan and "Self Control." I remember being a string of underground bars and pubs in (West) Berlin with this song as background. They kept playing it. Good thing I liked it: https://youtu.be/RP0_8J7uxhs

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong

Hello Dolly! - Louis Armstrong and Barbra Streisand

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information