NBC to show 2 hour commemorative of American skating Sunday afternoon at 2 PM EST

sk9tingfan

I'm a bit surprised they didn't show Adam's LP instead. The short did get a big reaction, but Arrival of the Birds was such a beloved program.
But he lost focus during the long program, missed some elements and it wasn't his best showing. Best I believe was either at GP France or SA in 2017. Since this is Nationals, they wouldn't be able to show either.

VGThuy

I always laugh when so many skaters use this soundtrack. It’s the most used Madonna-related music in skating outside of anyone using the soundtrack version of Evita instead of the Broadway or London versions.

ilovepaydays

To be fair, if they interviewed everyone they were gonna show, they’d cut like half the performances.

Fine with me. Cut Cain/LeDuc and show the Knierims, for example. I’m assuming we will also see them during this broadcast.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I'm enjoying it a lot. I can't guess who they'll show. I enjoy seeing the on screen technology improve and the various ads on the walls.

But it makes me feel so old. Where's Michelle! Where's Sasha!

A decade (and a tv network) behind to make this 'special'

mackiecat

Love the shib sibs but wouldn’t a Davis and White be the top dance team in the past decade? Jonny said they were the top dance team of the last decade. I think an Olympic silver and gold should count for more than a bronze

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
It seems pretty obvious to me that this show is being used mostly as a preview for 2021 Nationals with a focus on 2022 Olympic-eligible skaters.

Meryl/Charlie will be interviewed later.
It’s also perhaps in USFSA’s best interest to show Starr and encourage more diversity in the sport.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
It’s weird that this is what’s shown for a show titled as an “100th Anniversary” show.

If they wanted to showcase the last decade, I wonder if USFS/NBC should’ve had a poll page for fans to vote for favorite performances from each discipline.
No, Johnny and Tara said they decided to pick the last decade to focus on them... umm their favorite performances

Barbara Manatee

Love the shib sibs but wouldn’t a Davis and White be the top dance team in the past decade? Jonny said they were the top dance team of the last decade. I think an Olympic silver and gold should count for more than a bronze
I think Johnny said the Shibs were one of the best dance teams, not the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information