NBC to show 2 hour commemorative of American skating Sunday afternoon at 2 PM EST

VGThuy

I think it’s because Adam nearly lost his Olympic berth with that Nationals performance. They’re only showing what they picked as the best Nationals performance of this past decade.

mjb52

One last comment, sorry @Sylvia, just have to mention that I didn't in any way mean to imply that the resentment was necessarily JUSTIFIED lol... :saint: I just can't let even the possibility of that misinterpretation stand in the universe. The stoking of the resentment contributed to the situation, but that's sort of the issue... things blew up because North American commentators had been trying to build this weird Cold War-esque narrative (I hate that word but in this case it fits) for years. I don't have a strong opinion on the actual pairs scandal, but I do think the Cold War nationalism fed into by NA commentators was annoying and absolutely destroyed my interest in the sport for some time. In the end though, the new system, while unsatisfying in some ways, has worked out ok so fine. There are things I liked better about the 6.0 era but we're seeing a lot of incredible skating now and obviously Russia has shown itself to be resilient...

ok back to US skating

VGThuy

There’s something strange with the way Weir pronounces his words. It’s like not always the right words he means to say. Like instead of “training” he asked Gracie Gold how “straining” was going and its other words he did things like that with.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
There’s something strange with the way Weir pronounces his words. It’s like not always the right words he means to say. Like instead of “training” he asked Gracie Gold how “straining” was going and its other words he did things like that with.
It reminds me of when someone is getting used to veneers.

VGThuy

Gold, the last American ladies skater who could beat a top Russian during that time. Of course beating Med in 2016 was a lot more doable than the top Russians now.

VGThuy

Oh lord, Johnny’s commentary about Gracie being the firebird and fire on ice. It sounds like someone trying to convince the audience of a story being pushed by the producers/networks.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh lord, Johnny’s commentary about Gracie being the firebird and fire on ice. It sounds like someone trying to convince the audience of a story being pushed by the producers/networks.
I was laughing at his "this could come down to program component scores" when Gracie still had a spin left to go and was clearly about to climb above Polina's TES. :lol:

jlai

Question everything
I was laughing at his "this could come down to program component scores" when Gracie still had a spin left to go and was clearly about to climb above Polina's TES. :lol:
it is true though. Gracie needed like 8 points to catch up and she needed some pcs to do so

VGThuy

I don’t remember, which one was better, this nationals performance or 2016 Worlds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information