German Skating Season 2020-21

J

Jeschke

Savchenko/Massot are amongst 5 nominees of 🇩🇪 'Sports legends of the decade'.
It's a new offshoot of 'Sportler des Jahres' ('Sports person of the year').
Usually journalists are deciding about the winner, but for the decade legend it's 50/50 between public vote and feds of german NOK.
Voting starts tomorrow. I will present link. But they will stand no chance against soccer world champions :D

Other nominees in the team category are:
German Soccer Team 2014
Rowing Coxed Eigth 2012
Ludwig/Walkenhorst (Beachvolleyball)
German Ice Hocky Team 2018

Male:
Jan Frodeno (Triathlon)
Timo Boll (Table tennis)
Robert Harting (Track and field)
Fabian Hambüchen (Gymnastics)
Dirk Nowitzki (Baskteball)

Female:
Magdalena Neuner (Biathlon)
Kristina Vogel (Cycling)
Angelique Kerber (Tennis)
Isabell Werth (Equestrian)
Anna Schaffelhuber (Para-Ski)

J

Jeschke

Lots of GP FRA skaters were added to CS POL, Müller/Dieck amongst them.
Wonder, why not Schott? But Maybe 4 GER ladies are already enough. Ladies field is fully packed.

J

Jeschke

Kristina Isaev is training in Oberstdorf now under Huth, too.
Isaev and Schott are in the new project: National Olympic Elite Team (where Huth is the head Coach).
This is really nice for Isaev who had some rough last junior years and came back strong last season. Nice reward/move.
And good for Schott too. We all know there will be only one ladies spot, so some inner competition (in practice) will be good pushing both!

cs.berlin

For Kristina, I would hope that her diligence would then be reflected not only in her expression (which she undoubtedly has), but in more self-confidence and confidence in the difficult elements of all her performances. If all this is to be of any use at all, just as in the future not only figure skating will be destroyed - and the question should be asked - why nobody has the balls to hit the table.
I could also imagine that Peter Sczypa, her coach, who is slowly getting on in years, doesn't want to watch this worldwide staged disgusting hustle and bustle anymore (before he spends even one single time in empty ice rinks with the lying dirty rag on his face, he prefers to take the "huth", like last time ...)

J

Jeschke

As the CS AUT entries came out, I just realized it's the same time as NRW Autumn Trophy. This sucks for german skaters.
Isaev is listed for both? :huh: Is Huth avoiding a head-to-head? :p

Janse van Rensburg / Steffan (and Luft/Pfisterer) seem to skate in Innsbruck. Who can blame them not going vs Mueller/Dieck on their home soil. Still I would think they'd score higher in Dortmund 🤷‍♂️

ninjapirate

Just saw Olesya Ray's SP at the Halloween Cup and then looked at some protocols from earlier this season and last. She's interesting but really needs to either go someplace to get her jumps or focus on pairs.

Sera

Just saw Olesya Ray's SP at the Halloween Cup and then looked at some protocols from earlier this season and last. She's interesting but really needs to either go someplace to get her jumps or focus on pairs.
She is 12 and the best of her age in Germany right now. Sure, she wouldn't have a chance against the best Russians of her age, but if the best novice skaters would be send to pairs so soon, Germany could just give up single skating all together (and there aren't even any male pair partners anyway).

Felicitas

I watched her skating after reading your comment and i found out that she competed really well.
She trains in Dortmund, which is one of the 5 Bundesstützpunkt Places.
Everything is fine for her, she is in good hands, member of a nice and busy team.
The only thing which is bad for the moment is the new lockdown in icerinks, starting tomorrow.

J

Jeschke

So Suleymanova is the only GER one skating at Volvo Cup this weekend.
(event is counting as qualification towards potential Euros).

Tbh seems better the others are staying 'home' right now.

Sunny231

No German men are listed anymore at CS Warsaw Cup, Dastich and Isaev were also taken out of the entry list today.

Golden Spin will be postponed, anyone knows to which date exactly? If DEU sticks to its nomination criteria for Euros, that would leave only 2 more (for now not cancelled or postponed) competitions (NRW Trophy and German Nationals) to count for the ranking for Euros.
Not that it would matter a lot in ladies which competitions will still count for the ranking as Schott is more than save IMO, even if she completely messes up in all her competitions, the same goes for the pairs, there is no battle at all, but maybe DEU should think about changing the criteria and include more of the (already very limited) international competitions to count for the ranking for Euros. At least in Ice Dance (and men) there is still a battle on for the spots at Euros and very few competitions left. I really wonder how DEU will decide about the second spot in men if only NRW Trophy and German Nationals are left to count and both Jagoda and Stoll skated only 1 competition for now (Hess not even showing up anywhere until now).
Hopefully JvR/S and M/D will still compete at CS Warsaw (for now, they are still on the entry list), it seems to be the only competition left to see both competing directly against each other apart from German Nationals and might be really decisive for the Euros spot (if Euros will take place at all).

J

Jeschke

No German men are listed anymore at CS Warsaw Cup, Dastich and Isaev were also taken out of the entry list today.
Good decision.
Hopefully JvR/S and M/D will still compete at CS Warsaw (for now, they are still on the entry list), it seems to be the only competition left to see both competing directly against each other apart from German Nationals and might be really decisive for the Euros spot (if Euros will take place at all).
I expect JvR/S anf L/P added to NRW Autumn Trophy, now CS AUT is no more. So hopefully we will get a 'fair' decision in ice dance.
Rest of the post.
To me, Schott, Fentz and both pairs logically are safe (in case).
Now more than ever the additional paragraph 6 of nominations criteria is important, where fed is reserving the right to decide different than the set-up rules. If not now, when then?

We will see what happens, but I prefer that skaters are going the safe route.

J

Jeschke

Suleymanova went for 4s again in Riga.
Ended in << and a fall. The rest went pretty much downhill from here.
110.66pts in total.

I approve her guts going for the hard stuff, but PCS are leaving me very worrisome.

Felicitas

ISU CS Warsaw has been cancelled today. So CS Season 2020 (2 Competitions) finished in Budapest last month.

sandra_persch

ISU CS Warsaw has been cancelled today. So CS Season 2020 (2 Competitions) finished in Budapest last month.
I wonder when they will hold the postponed Golden Spin of Zagreb.

Good thing NRW Trophy got the go ahead approval so at least there will be on more competition before Nationals.
Will the postpone Nationals too or was it just Novice & Junior Nationals for now?

J

Jeschke

Will the postpone Nationals too or was it just Novice & Junior Nationals for now?
I guess with (potential) Euros in january, they want to hold on to nationals on original date in december. Not to speak of sponsors, etc; it might not be such a big deal for the junior championships.
Good thing NRW Trophy got the go ahead approval so at least there will be on more competition before Nationals.
This! van Rensburg/Steffan still missing here on the entries. I hope they will appear sooner or later.

J

Jeschke

Arent they on the entry list for Santa Claus Cup which is scheduled for the same weekend.
All the Oberstdorf based Dance teams are on the entry list dated November 6th.
I checked. You are right. They were not amongst the original entries when I checked.
Still, Santa Claus Cup won't count (so far) for #EurosRace. So I don't get this move.
Feels they don't want to skate in M/D's area, but just handing the ticket over? :huh:

Sunny231

I checked. You are right. They were not amongst the original entries when I checked.
Still, Santa Claus Cup won't count (so far) for #EurosRace. So I don't get this move.
Feels they don't want to skate in M/D's area, but just handing the ticket over? :huh:
I'm quite sure that DEU will change the criteria and allow this competition to count for Euros, too. There are so few international competitions left that this would be the only logical move.

J

Jeschke

I'm quite sure that DEU will change the criteria and allow this competition to count for Euros, too. There are so few international competitions left that this would be the only logical move.
Tbh, why should DEU make this move?
There is a event inside GER, which counts towards the race.
So why supporting skaters going somewhere else? (especially in these times) I mean, there will likely be no audience in Dortmund, but still. This seems weird to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information