From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Plushenko haters and Eteri fans forgot that Eteri receives the most talented girls from all over Russia. She rised only Medvedeva from her childhood if I'm not mistaken. If her pupils can't do a triple she kicks out from her school. She did it with Scherbakova who learned the 3Lz from other coaches, her parents payed for it. Probably you know it. And according to Panenkova if they had a bad day and couldn't do some elements they were sent to the little skater's group for example Arseny Fedotov's group who was 9-10. y.o then. How humiliating! "Practising, if you can do it again you can come back"

I don't say Eteri is not a professional and the best coach right now but you don't denie what is obvious.

You can be sure Trusova will beat everybody in this season and that won't be only Eteri's merit solely, but all of her previous coaches and Plushenko's merit, too. I really believe if trusova would be worse that will be the work of the results of Plushenko's bad coaching. So you are ridiculous.

For me that is also ridiculous Lambiel also receives some really good skaters he has no self-educated skater and that is no problem for those who has bad words on Plushenko because of this situation.

sofia titova and her coaches https://www.instagram.com/p/CGSlOfSKbVx/ ❤️

the new ice-rink https://www.instagram.com/p/CGSg2JUK_hy/
We are not far apart on our thoughts about all of this. I trust this post will please you to some degree.

Anna has been with Eteri for 12 years. Zhenya 11 years. The kids and the parents know the deal produce or leave or go to the kids group like Panekova was asked to. I dont blame Dasha for leaving. Its very rough for the kids because only the strongest survive. But after Dasha left EG her skating fell apart. Its unfortunate but that sports and thats life. Nastya T left EG and didnt exactly get better. Plsuhenko then dumped her and insulted Nastya after she left. Now her career is hanging on by a thread. :(
If Sasha beats everyone this season I will applaud her. :40beers: But Aliona and Anna got the best of her last year. Sasha needs to conquer her free skate demons that cost her so much last season. If she does then then the sky is the limit for her! But doing quads is hard and one mistake can lead to another. Sasha suffered from that last season. Kamila experienced that at Russian Cup stage 2.

No coach has ever done what Eteri over a 5 or 6 year period in the ladies discipline. Its unprecedented and unbelievable! :biggrinbo Sure shes far from perfect and a hard ass and probably the toughest coach in figure skating. But her girls are super polite and never say anything bad about other skaters or other teams. Thats why they are so popular.

Alina went to Eteri as nothing special but she became very special within 3 years after almost getting the boot from Eteri. :eek: If EG did not change her mind about expelling Alina so much would be different. But she changed her mind and kept Alina in the team and the rest is history. Aliona finished 17th at junior rusnats changed coaches to EG then finished third at senior rusnats later the same year! That has to be the greatest coaching turnaround of any one skater I've ever seen! Aliona and Eteri just clicked Aliona went on to become the best and most beautiful ladies skater in the world. Coaching matters. I dont want to see Alena regress so I of course she does well with Rozanov and Plushenko. But so one know what this shortended covid 19 season will turn out to be. I fear will will have worlds cancelled again. But I hope not.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Kozlovskii is covid positive. Will miss Cup III.

Aleksandra Boikova - Dmitrii Kozlovskii will not perform at the third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi​

European champions in pair skating Aleksandra Boikova - Dmitrii Kozlovskii will not be able to take part in the third stage of the Russian Cup - Rostelecom, which will be held in Sochi.

On the eve of the competition, the athletes were tested for coronavirus, and the partner tested positive.

Moskvina: the partner of the figure skater Kozlovskii, Boikova is healthy​

"Dima really fell ill, but he suffers a mild illness. Sasha Boikova has a negative test," Moskvina said, adding that she herself was not infected either.

"There is no reason for serious concern - the situation is difficult all over the world, you need to go through it," added Moskvina. diseases, this situation must be lived through. We sincerely wish everyone health, we are hugging everyone online, wearing masks. "

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, first Galliamov and now Kozlovski, it seems that it is a matter of time before Moskvina gets it. It looks it is spreading in her group and neither Galliamov nor Kozlovski probably had any significant symptoms (otherwise they would go to the doctors and isolate, and not find out when they were testing for the competition), so the chance is that they spent a lot of time with Moskvina in the last few days, preparing for the competition.

angi

So far we already know about at least five skaters on the Russian national team to get YKW right? Anastasia Shpilevaya, Tiffany Zahorski, Vladimir Morozov, Aleksandr Galliamov, and now Kozlovskii. This is getting out of hand.

clairecloutier

So far we already know about at least five skaters on the Russian national team to get YKW right? Anastasia Shpilevaya, Tiffany Zahorski, Vladimir Morozov, Aleksandr Galliamov, and now Kozlovskii. This is getting out of hand.

Tiffany had it? 😢. I missed this.

hanca

Values her privacy
With all the injuries and C19 positive cases among the skaters, the Fed is going to have to be flexible regarding Russian Nationals qualifying. That’s if RN happens at all :(
The Russian federation has always been flexible (meaning - allowing whoever they wanted to get in. If the skaters are high enough in ranking, they will be there, if they are able to skate.)

hanca

Values her privacy
Last edited:

Ka3sha

Big interviews with Evgeni Pluschenko:
1. Samokhvalov’s version for RSport

2. Kuznetsov’s version for Sport-Express

Bigbird

Found a translated excerpt.
Trusova or her parents seem pretty petty. Pathetic. Need to shed those who helped her? I thought the versions of her programs were more convincing at Test Skates than what she did at the Cup competition. Now I see why. If she keeps on going on like this others will eclipse her, and easily. Keep it up!

hanca

Values her privacy
Trusova or her parents seem pretty petty. Pathetic. Need to shed those who helped her? I thought the versions of her programs were more convincing at Test Skates than what she did at the Cup competition. Now I see why. If she keeps on going on like this others will eclipse her, and easily. Keep it up!
Why? Their daughter has only one shot at the career, unlike coaches who will have many students during their careers. I wouldn’t blame the parents for wanting to do what they believe is best for their daughter. And I doubt that the parents didn’t consult with their daughter what she wants to happen - she seems to be a girl with a very strong personality, able to have her own opinions. Maybe she doesn’t trust him any more. When the trust is gone, what can you do?

lala

:D

Bigbird

Why? Their daughter has only one shot at the career, unlike coaches who will have many students during their careers. I wouldn’t blame the parents for wanting to do what they believe is best for their daughter. And I doubt that the parents didn’t consult with their daughter what she wants to happen - she seems to be a girl with a very strong personality, able to have her own opinions. Maybe she doesn’t trust him any more. When the trust is gone, what can you do?
At the expense of another? This is poor sportsmanship and they will find that under high pressure situations, her approach of relying on the quads will not work. Trusova is a nervous skater, Aliona, to me has more poise and character as do many others notable among these being Scherbakova. So I say carry on. The trap a man sets for the other is one that we're doomed to fall into ourselves. Sasha's quads except for the toe are not very high, she barely sqeeks them out, so good luck with this strategy.

mjb52

I read (a google translated article) that the Russia cup ladies free was the highest rated sports broadcast for Russia for the week (not sure how much competition there was!), guess where there is success there is drama! Sounds exciting at Angels of Plushchenko but also natural with a lot of skaters and coaches to have different groups.

hanca

Values her privacy
At the expense of another? This is poor sportsmanship and they will find that under high pressure situations, her approach of relying on the quads will not work. Trusova is a nervous skater, Aliona, to me has more poise and character as do many others notable among these being Scherbakova. So I say carry on. The trap a man sets for the other is one that we're doomed to fall into ourselves. Sasha's quads except for the toe are not very high, she barely sqeeks them out, so good luck with this strategy.
It is not at the expense of another. She doesn’t owe anything to anyone. She has no duty to be coached by a specific person. Coach-student relationship is a business relationship, not a marriage or family relationship. It is not a poor sportsmanship to change a coach if her situation did not suit her. She can change coach every day if she wants to, as long as she finds coaches willing to take her on.

Bigbird

It is not at the expense of another. She doesn’t owe anything to anyone. She has no duty to be coached by a specific person. Coach-student relationship is a business relationship, not a marriage or family relationship. It is not a poor sportsmanship to change a coach if her situation did not suit her. She can change coach every day if she wants to, as long as she finds coaches willing to take her on.
Respectfully, I disagree. No issues.

hanca

Values her privacy
Respectfully, I disagree. No issues.
You can agree or disagree, it doesn’t matter. But the bottom line is that she has only one chance, only a few years to get her skating career to the top. If she misses her chance, she is a Russian lady, she won’t have as many chances as Carolina Kostner.

hanca

Values her privacy
Actually, I remember reading something very recently, it would be either Radionova or Sotskova who said in her interview that moving to another coach was very hard, but that she had to make a decision whether it is more important to keep the relationship she had with her previous coach, or whether it is more important to get the results. She decided she wanted the results. I think something similar was also said by Mishina/Galliamov recently about their move to Moskvina, and in the past from Ashley Wagner. So I guess Trusova isn’t so different than many other skaters. The results are very important for them, considering how many things they had to sacrifice to get to their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information