German Skating Season 2020-21

sandra_persch

Blommaert still practicing by his own. This really does not look good for those 2 :(

So, who will get the Nebelhorn entries?
With not too many 'big' events on the line, might get interesting especially for ladies.
Schott is safe, which 2 others?
Weinzierl, Isaev, Dastich, Hatakawa, Marold? 2 spots for 5 girls.
Based on recent content I would assume Bock and Helleken are outta race here.

Was there any monitoring like in former years? Or was all shut down this season?

There is a monitoring session 10-13 Sep. per the "Rahmenterminplan" published on the Feds Homepage
I am also not sure they will really limit it to 3 German skaters, but you have 2-3 usually training in Oberstdorf.
Assuming she is really fit and healthy I would love to see Dastich back in competion ;)

Sunny231

I would love to see Dastich back in competion ;)
I would love to see her too after such a long time without competing! And I'm really exited to see who will be competing at Nebelhorn Trophy this year, hopefully the entries will be up soon!
Last year, there were Schott, Marold and Bock competing in ladies and Hess and Stoll in men. Bock is unlikely this year, I agree. I would say Hatakawa is likely to be there. If Isaev goes, Hess will surely go as well. Would be nice to see Fentz, too.
In pairs, H/S will surely go and H/K. Who do you think will compete in Ice Dance? JvR/S and M/D? Anyone else?

J

Jeschke

Seems like a monitoring incl. test competition is going on in Berlin this weeked for singles and pairs.
Isaev posted from the girls going there 2 days ago and now there is a short clip in her IG stories of the end of a new program in costume.

Damn, GER fed should learn from HUN fed and provide a stream for those poor lost 5 souls who would like to watch :p

Last edited by a moderator:

marie1616

The monitoring is combined with a pairs seminar with the coaches from Berlin and Savchenko/Massot.

It's nice to see so many juniors being interested in pairs.
And while we know that Thomalla's potential new partner isn't in Germany yet it's good to see she's able to train at least some pair moves.

J

Jeschke

More photos from monitoring:

Seniors taking part:
Fentz, Jagoda, Stoll, Dastich, Isaev, Hase/Seegert

What is Fentz SP music? The costume is promising :D
Love Hatakawa's kickass SP dress.

J

Jeschke

I am a bit :huh: about Nebelhorn entries:

5 ladies :respec:
Schott, Isaev, Dastich, Hatakawa, Suleymanova.
Weinzierl only got sub status :eek:
Well going for the youngster (even to push Schott ;) ) can't be bad!

Fentz, Jagoda, Stoll - where is Hess? Injured?

Pairs as exptected.
Is there hope for Pavlova/Blommaert still? Seems very long since they skated together now.

Only Janse v.R / Steffan in dance?
What about M/D? Are K/N still a thing? Her IG lately is more about drinks and parties :shuffle:

Sunny231

Wow, the ladies field is really big, nice to see that so many want to go! I'm so happy to see Dastich there, I'm really looking forward to see her comeback!
Also nice to see Fentz on the entry list.
I'm also wondering about the absence of Hess...He was there last year, but didn't have a great outing, maybe he decided not to go this year because he is still not ready? He wasn't participating in the test skates in Berlin either. Hoepfully it is not due to injury. Same goes for Marold.
The pairs field is really small, also very few Ice Dance couples. Where are Müller/Dieck? Maybe training in Russia and not able to come to Germany? No idea about Koch/Nüchtern either.

J

Jeschke

I am really curious about how close the gap will be between the two pairs (if there is any gap left).
Same goes for the ladies. I guess Schott should be still very safe landing her usual stuff, but some competition from the youngsters should do no harm :p

C

casken

There's also this whole pandemic thing going on too, which might explain why people might choose not to compete.

Miezekatze

Mueller/Diecks Instagram says they are busy training and travelled from Dortmund to Prague last week and now this week they are in Oberstdorf training with the national coach (doesn't say what they did in Prague).

J

Jeschke

New German Olympic Elite Project started Sep 1st in Oberstdorf
Main goal of the project is to close the gap to the international top level. It's for chosen single skaters (ladies/men).
Head coach is Michael Huth (accompanied by his team).
Does this mean, the german top singles skaters will all skate under Huth?
Anyone has more details here?
Maybe @Eislauffan ?

J

Jeschke

Dastich and Sulyemanova out of Nebelhorn :( (Weinzierl is in)
Updates why or is this the result of the Nebelhorn monitoring in Mannheim?

J

Jeschke

Nominations criteria are published

Euros: (Spots: 2 men, 1 lady, 3 pairs, 1 ice dance)
Ranking system. Sum of 2 best results combined (Gran Prix, Challenger Series and Nationals; more events counting might be added)

Worlds: (Spots: men, ladies, ice dance: 1, pairs:2)
Men: Best finisher of Euros goes if he finished Top12 or higher; if not, highest ranked skater at world standings after Euros goes.
Ladies: Top12 finisher of Euros goes; no Top12 finish --> highest ranked skater at world standings after Euros goes.
Pairs: Best 2 Euros finishers will go.
Ice Dance: Top12 finisher of Euros goes; no Top12 finish --> highest ranked team at world standings after Euros goes.

Note: No world standing points are awarded this season, but german fed calculates as if the german skaters are getting points for their international outings (based on usual point systems). This 'calculated' world standing will be the decider

Junior Worlds:
Ranking System: Sum of 2 best results combined (Junior events category 3 and junior nationals).
If there is a tie --> world standing is the decider.
Qualification period ends January, 10th, 2021.

---

Tbh I don't get the new Fentz/Schott world standings rule. What's the sense in creating a 'fake' world standing; in the end Schott and Fentz are the highest ranked skaters before worlds, so it would made sense sending them, if the Euros skaters fail to qualify.
I like this scenario for a usual year with proper world ranking; in a year like that, I don't get the decision at all.

J

Jeschke

German Skaters 2020/21 music:
(I post it here, I doubt in the right thread the majority is intersted in those :p)

Kai Jagoda
SP: I love you (by Woodkid)
FS: Believer, Dream (by Imagine Dragons)

Thomas Stoll
SP: Istanbul (last seasons program)
FS: A white shade of pale (by Procol Harum)

Aya Hatakawa
SP: Organ Donor (by DJ Shadow)
FS: Exogenisis (last seasons programs iirc)

Kristina Isaev
SP: Grande Amore (by Il Volo)
FS: Ua noche más (by Yasmin Levi)

Nathalie Weinzierl
SP: Lady Marmelade (by Aguilera, Lil'Kim, Pink & Mya)
FS: A time for us (by Nino Rota)

Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel
SP: Shout (by Zayde Wolf)
FS: The other side (by Ruelle)

Jennifer Janse van Rensburg / Benjamin Steffan
RD: Cabaret (last season)
FD: Paint it black & Co (last season)

Schott, Fentz, H/S?

Sources: Updated ISU bios

J

Jeschke

Love the badass music choices for SP by Hatakawa and Weinzierl.
Not sure they are working on ice, but I can't wait to see.

The combination of Weinzierl's music :rofl:

Love that Stoll (SP) and Isaev (FS) are keeping their programs. This was an awesome fit for Isaev and 'Istanbul' was one of my absolute guilty pleasures of last season.

Felicitas

Thank you Jeschke. Stoll with "A whiter shade of pale? Saw this already in NHT 2018 in Oberstdorf.
It will be exiting to see the new programs of Schott, Fentz and H/S.
But i already miss Suleymanova wearing her new red dress. :irina1:

marie1616

Thank you!
I'm interested how big of a gap there will still be between the two pairs. With H/K having better music and a lot more time together than last year.
And I'm surprised I like basically all those music choices. That never happens!😂

cs.berlin

H/S repeat "Open Hands" in SP, new FP: "People Help The People" by Birdy
(I probably mourn forever for a music selection like Nathan Lanier's "Torn" from the "High Strung" soundtrack - anything but to fall asleep, with a perfect, pinpoint end at the worlds 2017 in Helsinki ...)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

2x schmaltz too much. That will probably remain so. (one has smaltzed in)
How long will Seegert actually continue to do it? He is now slowly getting on in years.
But who nows ...

A little anecdotal alert ...
who (also) likes to remember the mentioned early SP music:
Hard to believe ... :wuzrobbed
H/S could also repeat their music, right? The two commentators from B-ESP would be happy about that, too, they were really enthusiastic back then!
(of course, the tastes of the audience are different ...)

Last edited:

cs.berlin

From the jazzy dragon killer to the baroque schmaltzy disco queen?
What a story ... :duh:

Okay, maybe to enjoy with a double whisky ... uh, triple Axel ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information