From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
:) It is Marinin's birthday (March,23). He says his son did this montage and his daughter was the director (his wife chose the pics)

As for the congratulations from Yagudin... I thought his post had only some nice words, so I thought it was boring to translate, but there is also a dialogue, and I think their dialogue is really funny. :)

alexei.yagudin: My dear friend, I don't know men who are better or who are more honest than you! You are a cultured person, you've read many books, you are well-educated, you are handsome, you have a wonderful family, kids, you are the best partner, your wife is charming!!!! You are perfect and your family is perfect! I don't know what I can wish you! Oh, I know: I wish you money!! Much money - especially now, in these "scary" times, as they say!!!!! Love you! Adore you!
marininmax: Thank you, my friend! If I need money, I'll ask you to give me some )
alexei.yagudin: I've no money! It is crisis now! But I'll give you some
In Russian the word order of this short sentence ("But to you I'll give") means much: "I wouldn't give to someone else, but as for you - I will give"

Ahhh... the repeated use of "perfect". Where HAVE we seen this lately?

As little use as I have for TSL and Dave Lease in particular, I might just LMAO if he managed to get an exclusive interview with Rudy Galindo in which RG could actually dish about any nights of passion he spent with the publicly homophobic Yags. That would be some well-brewed tea.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Well, I said I thought all these "perfect" and etc. were boring, I just think the following dialogue is funny. :)
I wasn't referring to you, but to AY and his repeated use of that word. It had the unfortunate result of reminding me of the other famous individual who uses it repeatedly.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
And while Moscow rinks announced that they are closing down.... yes, no public sessions, non-ice events, no kids' groups or 2nd and 3rd level groups.... yes a lot inside is shot down, no admins, etc.. they are not fully functional... except for ice, lights and occasional zamboni... Trainers all have keys and security codes to get inside and to turn on the lights for 5-6 elite skaters....;)

Whilst I'm sure the trainers have keys to Tiff and Jon's rink, they most certainly are not going inside to train the elite skaters!

starrynight

Oh gee you're just so eager for Russians to have to deal with equal level playing field... we'll that's not happening... Russian ladies are and will be still the best...

Huge sections of the world are in massive economic turmoil. So many people I know have lost their jobs. Of course I look forward to the stories at the end of this of people fighting getting back on their feet - skaters included.

Also Id like to emphasise that Tuktamysheva is my long time favourite skater so I don’t know why you keep saying I am anti Russian ladies. It’s completely incorrect.

But all of this is basically totally irrelevant now anyway so whatever.

Ka3sha

Max Trankov’s vlog from Art On Ice show with Eng subtitles

Finnice

Max Trankov’s vlog from Art On Ice show with Eng subtitles
Whoooap, I really needed some Trankov today! Thank you so much, @Ka3sha !

Tinami Amori

Whoooap, I really needed some Trankov today! Thank you so much, @Ka3sha !
then here are some "Art on Ice" funnies....

and more funnies skaters put out today.....

Tinami Amori

So it's not like Russia is at a disadvantage.

I expect we will see a season of reduced technical content.

But on the flip side, I wonder if skaters will be performing with more heart because of the challenges it's taken them to get back on the ice - and also a new life perspective. I think this has already given many of us a new perspective on things in our lives.

Honestly, I'll just be so glad to see things get to when sporting competitions are back on that I won't care if the standard is just triple or double jumps or double twists etc for a while. Fortunately, skating is a thing that can easily survive a reduction in technical content.

Don't BS me that you have nothing against Russian FK.... Read your own posts....... you clearly don't like the quad and 3A advantage Russian ladies have....... and AS YOU SAY YOURSELF, want it to go back to old style with less tech advantage from the Russians.... read your own suff! you want the rules to go back to what will take away Russian advantage.

And here you're just gloating.... The Russian tech train will now be stopped...
The brakes have just been put on the speeding freight train that is Russian skating
Shame on you! This is about SPORT and Russian ladies are the best ON MERIT OF THE SPORT - live with it! I know you're North American..... So i wish your No. Am. skating to experience every downturn you wish Russia.... and my wishes do often come true.... because they are fair.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Whilst I'm sure the trainers have keys to Tiff and Jon's rink, they most certainly are not going inside to train the elite skaters!
Well..... Aleona Leonova is bragging how "some are still skating"...... "they now train only elite seniors and juniors, and not the kids"... "the training continues...... we just reduced the number of skaters, the young ones are not in the schedule. We have a training session schedule for a week ahead".

- Тренировки продолжаются, - отметила фигуристка в понедельник. - Но были количественно сокращены группы занимающихся, а группы самых младших фигуристов убраны из расписания тренировок. Только взрослые, юниоры и те, что чуть помладше юниоров. Само расписание рассчитано на неделю.

Tinami Amori

She is in Saint-Petersburg not in Moscow!
i have info that some training is taking place in Moscow even now.... Does not mean your kids are in that bunch...

Look..... this is nothing criminal, illegal or unethical..... there is no int'l law... If some skaters want to take a chance and train 2-3-4 in a group, it's their lives.....

Tinami Amori

Then they are breaking the restrictions imposed by Moscow.
the ones who chose to train are not following the restrictions, but not breaking the laws. Nowhere does it say that a coach and 2-3 of his/her students can't meet (if they trust each other) to work on future programmes. Nobody would consider it "breaking the restrictions" if they met in an apartment...... So, instead of "apartment" they are meeting at an EMPTY rink ( oh, and in Aleona's comments - such rinks have a nurse measuring temp. and vital elements before anyone goes inside)

Tinami Amori

So tell me once again what is your source, as I am intrigued to know why a fan knows more than the skaters.
Look...... it's "your info as a parent of a russian skater" vs. "my info as a close friend of several parents of russian skaters"... And we have Leonova openly admitting they (elite skaters sr. and jr.) are still practicing. So there is skating going on Russia...... as per my original idea... :)

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Let's pivot to a really pressing issue.

I have been watching a lot of Advanced Novice Ice Dance. What is in the water over there? These girls have the most gorgeous hair!!!

Tinami Amori

I only ever said skating was shut down in Moscow.
We know it is not shut down in St Petersburg, there have been articles saying it is still going on.

If you are so close to these parents, then they are a bit stupid to trust you when you have spilled the beans about their kids on a public forum! Once they hear of this, I doubt they will be so free to share their info with you in the future.
I am not sure why you are huffing and puffing over this issue. T & J are being "good western kids", law obedient and all, not practicing and not breaking the curfew, that's all you should worry about... and not my relationship with skaters' parents.

Tinami Amori

Drop it now, it is getting tedious
you started it, then you "drop it". i made no comments about Tiff and J's practices... :) And even if Tiff and J. went to practices in secret, many Russians would cheer for them and consider them clever, vs. condemn it... :biggrinbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information