#TeamTrainwreck 20: Large Caliber Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I hate to see team train wreck so down! Cheer up guys, think of all the Yankee polkas we’ll have enjoyed by this time next year! ;)
This reminds me... is there a link to something official where it says the pattern has really been changed from waltz to polka? A quick google search + look at the threads in Great Skate Debate didn't give me anything.

Dobre

\KAREN CHEN: Skate of the night for me! I love this program to death, this almost got me choked up. She was so into it. What a great comeback :encore:I don't care this program has been around for 3 seasons already (I had to check, it felt like I have never seen it), I want it back! Stunning! Absolutely stunning!
Edit: 'Slow Dancing in the Big City'. I love the title alone of her piece of music :swoon:

I don't think it has even been around for a full season yet. She had Carmen at the beginning of the Olympic season, then started choreographing this herself. She skated it on the GP when it was still raw. I saw it live at Skate Canada, and I remember thinking it had real potential. But then she decided it wasn't coming together so she switched back to her previous season's program before Nationals. This season, she started with The Secret Garden, which was a nice program and was apparently planned for last year but never competed. I liked it. But I like this one even better.

Chen: did she do this free program at nationals two weeks ago or did she switch back to it just now?

She skated it at Nationals.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Karen Chen - Secret Garden.... Remember "Illumination" was Volchkova's best SP as long as she was with Kudriatsev. Karen's 4 min FS to it was far too long, music suited only for SP.
#vika4ever

(But watching it again, after several years...man, the sport has changed ;) )

S

SmallFairy

Damn it, of course I missed :drama:
Help!

You need to find some archived stream and watch through it. Especially the final group had some good stuff. I watched the Norwegian stream who's behind paywall, so I can't link it :(

J

Jeschke

#TeamTrainwreck Members Update

:gallopin1-Patron-Saint:
Pogorilaya, Anna

Ladies:
Glenn, Amber
Honda, Marin
Konstantinova, Stanislava
Leonova, Alena
Lim, Eunsoo
Nugumanova, Elizaveta
Peltonen, Emmi
Schott, Nicole
Tuktamysheva, Elizaveta

Men:
Aymoz, Kévin
Březina, Michal
Litvintsev, Vladimir
Nadeau, Nicolas
Pulkinen, Camden
Sadovsky, Roman
Samohin, Daniel
Yan, Han

Pairs:
Peng, Cheng / Jin, Yang Removed

Ice Dance:
Popova, Betina / Mozgov, Sergey
Shpilevaya, Anastasia / Smirnov, Grigory

J

Jeschke

Farewell Cheng Peng / Yang Jin!
Entry: Nov 21st, 2017
Exit: Feb 10th, 2020
Career highlights: Worlds 2019, 4th; Four Continents 2020, 2nd; Four Continents 2019, 3rd

In one of the most bizarre fed actions in latest figure skating history, you both got split from your former partners, as they were seen having a brighter future ahead together. As the so-called 'Leftovers', the weaker-seen-part of the former pairings, you immediately got our sympathies and won our hearts within seconds. As Peng having been part of #TeamTrainwreck with her former partner, it did not take long for you to make it in here. In a stunniung first season you managed to make it to the GPF. At 4CC's 2017 you missed the worlds spot by less than half a point to the chosen ones. One year later you managed to qualify for the Olympic Games. In a high quality event, in best :gallopin1 -style, after a solid short program you were the first ones in line to miss the free skate. In the few years you established yourself with your stunning short programs each season: 'My Drag', 'Ophelia' and 'Alegria'. In an somehow ironic tragedy, one of the few times Peng landed all her triples, in SP and FS, at the world championships 2019, you dropped to pewter in the end nontheless.
You are the true essence of #TeamTrainwreck, bringing it all, the joy and the heartbreak. We thank you for this 2,5yrs ride, we thank you for this stunning 'Butterfly Concerto' costume, and we thank you for making the MEEPOTS nominations list in all years: 2017, 2018 and 2019. As true members, of course you never won.
We will continue holding our breath everytime you will run down for your sbs's and we are praying for that home soil podium moment to come in 2022.

再见!

lurkz2

How can we possibly have two Ice Dance couples on the Team at the moment but no Pairs?!?!?!

Something is very wrong here. 🕵️‍♂️

Correct me if I'm wrong, relative newcomer here, but so far there have only been 3 graduates from #TTW, 2 of them pairs?

1. James/Cipres
2. Aliev
3. Peng/Jin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information