The Dance Hall 7: Tripping the Light Fantastic 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

Congrats to C/B, great FD performance and well deserved score. If they can fix their level in the RD, they might even snitch silver at Worlds. S/K's FD however, what was Zhulin thinking to give them such a boring music and non distinctive program ? Last year's was already not very interesting but the music was better and had high and lows. This is just flat.
Anyway, my ideal world podium at this moment would be P/C, C/B and G/F

C/B were so close. But congrats all the same the momentum is swinging in the right direction.

As for Zhulin, there is only so much he can do given the strengths and weaknesses of both Vika and Nikita. But they need not worry they all have another two seasons to grow but kudos again to C/B for winning the FD.

Last edited:

bcash

Gee who designed these ill-fitting, oddly-colored costumes for Katsalapov? Better rethink them soon.
Same for Gilles/Poirier.

Dobre

Apparently I forgot how boring and uninspiring SinKats’s FD is...

It's pretty sleepy. I do think they've missed the boat a bit, and the main reason I think so is because of their footwork sequence in the tango last season. Intricate and interesting. Teams trying that style had not been getting the higher levels for it, including Sinitsina & Katsalapov at the beginning of last season. But by the GPF, they were starting to bring them in, and they repeated that throughout the end of the season.

So . . . if you can do intricate footwork and bring in the high levels, then I think that's your ticket. That's a way to stand out from other teams. It's a hard way to do it. And I totally understand Zhulin wanting to slow Nikita down and keep a lid on S&K's nerves; but you also have to step up.

aftershocks

Banned Member
The more you scream this the lower they score. :saint:

I will share exactly how I feel every time. Meanwhile, nothing most of us say here is going to affect what ends up happening on the judges' score cards.

I've been honest about my less than enthusiastic reactions to H/B's choice of material this season, but it's just dissing to act as if H/B aren't top-notch ice dancers. H/B sell their programs and they are excellent at what they do, despite Gadbois having so many teams, they are running thin on creative ideas.

And another thing, fans should just stop the negative dissing on H/B because of their smaller size and lack of height difference.

believed

I haven’t been able to watch the FDs yet but what happened in H/B’s that they received this on their protocol:

OFStL1+OFStM2
CoSpB
Both with negative GOEs

mollymgr

Does anyone know who are confirmed for GPF besides H/D or is it still TBD for the other teams?

muffinplus

Yeah SinKats FD is really dull.. and it doesn't look effortless. Their tango last year was sooo good such a shame they can't get better packaging

bcash

I don’t agree with the “Gadbois thin on ideas hence shortchanging their teams” complaint, which seems to be cited a lot ever since the operation grew. None of the programs we’ve seen up and down the “roster”, over the past few years, can be said to be qualitatively worse than anything anybody else put out, which is impressive given their size. In fact, even if one may argue about the “fit” between material and skater, programs coming out of Gadbois tend to look more well-rounded than those from other camps. The range this season is also impressive. I personally really like H/D and H/B’s programs, but even if you don’t, it’s kinda unfair to believe they were somehow “fed” these materials and had no say in them. None of us were in that process with them, plus the impression I got from the skaters didn’t suggest anything like it.

Bigbird

Yeah SinKats FD is really dull.. and it doesn't look effortless. Their tango last year was sooo good such a shame they can't get better packaging
Effortless is not their style but Zhulin saw it as a tactical move. Maybe this season is just for development and they'll be more adventurous next season.

mollymgr

skatingguy

decently

Cachoo

"Their skating is great, I can't say anything negative about that. But I don't like them as a couple. It's gay skating which I am not a fan of. Cizeron is the male partner and should act like a man. But it's not clear if he is the male or the female partner. They skate great yes. But for example Tessa and Scott they skated like a real couple. A man and a woman, real ice dance. (With Papadakis and Cizeron) it's not clear"
Every time I read crap like this I feel so badly for gay people in Russia. He said he can't say anything bad about their skating. So shut up. The bottom line is his male skaters, while talented, cannot hold a candle to Papadekis and he knows it. Sour grapes anyone?

Colonel Green

Eh, come on! This is a push to take down U.S. ice dance teams. There's no way that S/K are 4 to 5 points better than Chock/Bates. And there's no way, no way that the Danadians and Wang/Liu are better than Hawayek/Baker! W/L .7 ahead of H/B! Puhleese!!!
That's what happens when you don't get the keypoints, which is not a new problem for either team.

Colonel Green

Does anyone know who are confirmed for GPF besides H/D or is it still TBD for the other teams?
There's little real prospect for surprises in who makes the Final. Especially at Rostelecom, where RusFed has, per usual, assembled a truly weak field other than the seeded teams.

Khaleesi

I was just confused by the word likely in the article below.
I was looking at the next two events and they should be in. I hope FB/S will be in too.
I was literally just looking into this myself. Thank you @oleada for the link!! So far H/D are confirmed in with 28 points. For now, C/B are second with 26 points (obviously not confirmed) but they should be in the final. FB/S are third now with 22 points. That’s gonna change after Russia and Japan GP. I expect P/C to be first with 30 points. And S/K and G/P will be somewhere in there. What’s the limit for GPF entry?

Dobre

Most likely the lineup for the GPF comes down to Stepanova & Bukin versus Guignard & Fabbri at NHK. S&B have a bit more than a three point cushion so Guignard & Fabbri would need to best them by more than that to get in.

Rostelecom scores are worth watching, though, as they will likely determine who makes the final flight at the GPF.

I haven’t been able to watch the FDs yet but what happened in H/B’s that they received this on their protocol:

OFStL1+OFStM2
CoSpB
Both with negative GOEs

If you watch it, you'll see most of it. He mucked up fairly obviously--I think a double twizzle at the end of the footwork sequence (it was really late here so I may be remembering wrong); and that must have taken his/their minds off the game because they went right into the combo spin wrong. She got the level 1 on the step, though. That I didn't think was obvious.

I'm curious who will be signed up for Golden Spin. If I were USFS, I would put Hawayek & Baker and McNamara & Carpenter up head-to-head there if M&C are healthy. Both teams need the world standing points, and these two teams haven't been up against each other internationally since 4CCs in 2018.

Last edited:

mollymgr

For H/B, the program was going well until the Step Sequence. Towards the end of the Step Sequence, he lost balance on the twizzle at about the same time she came too close to him and stumbled on hers. The next element was the spin which also went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information