German Skating News 2018/19

Sunny231

Roscher/Schuster got the SP minimums!
They now have the set :encore:
Yessss :respec: I'm so happy for them! Hopefully they can still improve more in the PCS and the technical content (adding a triple throw) until WJC. If they can, I'm optimistic that R/S and T/K (who also improved compared to their disastrous first half of the season) will hold on to the 2nd spot at WJC for the next year! :)

Quadjump

Hocke/Blommaert´s FS was an improvement to what we saw earlier this season. No major errors but still a lot things to work on. I really like the music and their overall skating skills/speed (the outscore Hase/Seegert here). The program is kind of empty with a lot of cross overs.

Still in the rooms of possibilites to see two competitive German couples at worlds.:watch: At the end of the day it will come down to the SP. You have to nail otherwise the judges will not notice you in the FP.

sanni

Have you heard anything about Ann-Christin Marold? Only illness that kicked her out after the short? I really hope that there is no injury!

Sabine-Yuna

Yessss :respec: I'm so happy for them! Hopefully they can still improve more in the PCS and the technical content (adding a triple throw) until WJC. If they can, I'm optimistic that R/S and T/K (who also improved compared to their disastrous first half of the season) will hold on to the 2nd spot at WJC for the next year! :)
I would not expect too much of the Junior pairs. i don't know what placements they need to hold on to the second spot, but although T/K seem to improve a bit after their start of the season, but they are still not where they have been last season. Their twist is not as good anymore, their jump content goes down, he struggles with all lifts, she tends to open up throw jumps. I hope they can stabilise some elements til WJC, but I don't think they will get back to the shape of last year. And for R/S it's nice to take part, after they have missed the JGP, but they won't be able to make it too far forward from the end of the field. I don't see much future for the third German Junior pair at Bav. Open Lossius/ Rust. These two can't even skate. Even if they will learn the elements, there seems to be no hope for their presentation and overall skating. That was really hard to watch. To pick the bottom line skaters of single novice or junior category and build a pair of them is definitely not a strategy to strengthen German Pair skating future.

J

Jeschke

Final Standings 🇩🇪 #JuniorRace:
(2 spots in each discipline)

Junior Men
333,32 Nikita Starostin (Tallinn Trophy 172,37; Inge Solar Memorial 160,95)
320,31 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT 161,51; Bavarian Open 158,80)
313,71 Denis Gurdzhi (Nationals 161,42; Inge Solar Memorial 152,29 )
303,42 Daniel Sapozhnikov (Nationals 153,55; Bavarian Open 149,87)
297,78 Kai Jagoda (Halloween Cup 150,59; Volvo Cup 147,19)
288,10 Florian Paschke (Volvo Cup 152,92; Nationals 135,18)
280,31 Louis Weissert (Nationals 150,65; Christmas Cup 129,66)
266,64 Tim England (Nationals 136,12; Bavarian Open 130,52)
231,43 Nicos Jaron Martick (Bavarian Open 116,87; Nationals 114,56)
212,22 Jurek Kolbe (Nationals 109,45; Bavarian Open 102,77)
192,38 Michail Savitskiy (Bavarian Open 97,36; Nationals 95,02)

Junior Ladies
269,98 Ann-Christin Marold (Skate Celje 136,99; Nationals 131,99)
264,21 Elodie Eudine (Grand Prix Bratislava 133,36; Nationals 130,85)
249,95 Anastasia Steblyanka (Nationals 126,27;Bavarian Open 123,68)
234,41 Janne Salatzki (Nationals 127,28; Grand Prix Bratislava 107,13)
235,49 Linn Jörgensen (Nationals 119,07; Bavarian Open 116,42)
231,14 Romy Schallert (Bavarian Open 124,41; Nationals 106,73)
229,03 Michelle Konov (Nationals 116,62; Bavarian Open 112,41)
215,32 Carolin Hess (Inge Solar Memorial 114,15; Halloween Cup 101,17)
214,52 Maria Aimee Renne (Bavarian Open 108,86; Nationals 105,66)
192,03 Jocy Pelka (Nationals 99,38; Bavarian Open 92,65)
185,70 Lina-Charlot Klenner (Nationals 96,90; Bavarian Open 88,80)
183,22 Elisabeth Jäger (Bavarian Open 97,13; Nationals 86,09)
177,03 Antonia Moarcas (Bavarian Open 90,35; Nationals 86,68)

Junior Pairs
261,13 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (Bavarian Open 133,10; Nationals 128,03)
238,32 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (Nationals; 120,21; Bavarian Open 118,11)
160,76 Josephine Lossius / Niclas Rust (Nationals 81,44; Bavarian Open 79,32)

Junior Ice Dance
287,70 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (Nationals 144,35; Grand Prix Bratislava 143,35)
259,70 Amanda Peterson / Stephano Valentino Schuster (Bavarian Open 136,23; Halloween Cup 123,47)
259,61 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (Nationals 131,89 ; Volvo Cup 127,72)*
237,63 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Lieber (Nationals 119,04; Pavel Roman Memorial 118,59)
226,81 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Bavarian Open 113,70; Nationals 113,11)
202,74 Julia Albrecht / Kai Hofrichter (Bavarian Open 103,04; Volvo Cup 99,70)
194,95 Diana Kist / Sergej Gross (Nationals 101,42; Mentor Torún Cup 93,53)
161,26 Annabel Habermann / Leon Wagner (Nationals 86,20; Volvo Cup 75,06)

*both on IPS, likely to be non-existent anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

So, Peterson/Schuster move up in their last chance , will Luft steal her hubby away for next season? :watch:

Overall - The only glimpse of hope is Starostin for me. Ladies time will tell about Marold, the ret, oh my. I like Jörgensen, maybe she can develop. Pairs, I agree with everything said by @Sabine-Yuna , I can't see much future for T/K and expect a split to come sooner or later. Dance, nothing bad, but nothign great either. We had way more promising junior couples the last year. A shame about Kazimov :(

text_skate

259,70 Amanda Peterson / Stephano Valentino Schuster (Bavarian Open 136,23; Halloween Cup 123,47)*

*both on IPS, likely to be non-existent anymore

They are skating while on IPS?

Actually I liked this pair, they show potential.

J

Jeschke

Urban/Steffan sitting in 2nd with 67pts.
I would not read too much into it with a german caller, but you can't deny, they did progress a lot this season and left some well-known names behind them.

I hope they got Universiade alongside M/D!

J

Jeschke

Recap of 🇩🇪 'Dancing on Ice, Season 03 Episode 06' (finale)

Opening by Kevin van der Perren doing some stuff with torches in his hands.
All professional skaters join and do some male/female group choreo stuff.

Witt's hair is all over the place today! 🆘

1) Joti Polizoakis & Sarah Lombardi
'Let's get loud'
Dance moves, choreo stuff, rons of posing, difficult rotational lift, sbs steps, 2 waltz jumps, choreo spin
40,0pts

2) Anette Dytrt & John Michael Kelly
'Shallow'
Starts with him fake-guitar-playing and Dytrt doing a solo show in a stunning dress, spiral, pair spin, straight line lift, 1loth, sorry for doing a @SmallFairy imitation now but: OMFG, DYTRT IS STUNNING AS HELL AND I NEED A ****ING COMEBACK IMMEDIATELY! If she'd only have emoted like this in her competitive years :drama:
35,0pts

3) David Vincour & Sarina Nowak
'A whole new world':swoon:
I love this song, why can't we have this for some junior team?
Spiral, dance lift, some dance moves, they have a nice connection to each other, and i like her non-over-the-top-interpretation, step sequence, rotational lif, pair spin, little mistake there.
35,0pts

Letter by Timur Bartels (skated with Amani Fancy), who left the show due the passing of his father.

Amani Fancy/Matti Landgraf skating the program she prepared for the semis with Timur.
Beyoncé-Medley
Open shirt, nipple show by Landgraf :smokin:
Death spiral into rotational lift, pair lift, 2STh, acrobatic stuff with her on his head, shimmies lv.4 by both , pair spin, stationary lift.
Okay, would have been interesting to see her skating these elements with Timur :saint:

2nd performances

4) Anette Dytrt & John Michael Kelly
'I'm so excited'
tons of choreo stuff, dytrt lifting him :eek:, lift, spin, okay, this was only a fun performance, not much stuff in it. But Dytrt, again, looked ****ing stunning! BRING HER BACK!
37,5pts

5) David Vincour & Sarina Nowak
'Achterbahn'
Solo spiral, solo steps, dance steps, spiral, pair spin (one foot), stationary lift
37,0pts

6) Joti Polizoakis & Sarah Lombardi
(of course the final performance goes to her, quelle surprise :rolleyes:)
'I have nothing'
She is singing...this ain't a singing contest my dear! :rolleyes: , curve lift, dance steps, choreo lift, difficult curve lift, pair spin into rotational lift.
40,0pts

Okay, I can't stand her, but she was by far the best of these 3 finalists.

Performances by former contestants (highlights of their best programs)
Okay, they really wanna push the show to an unbearable length!

Conclusion:
Landgraf is so damn hot :smokin: He will be heavily missed at the sundays to come.

Final placement:
Winner: Joti Polizoakis & Sarah Lombardi
Runner-up: Anette Dytrt & John Michael Kelly
3rd: David Vincour & Sarina Nowak

Thankfully that trash-tv-show is finally over and Dytrt can start working on her comeback :love:
Same for Joti/Schott2.

J

Jeschke

Btw, little shoutouts to Stoll and Dimitrescu.
Going into the season, I would not have imagined both skating that decent.

They may not be consistent (nor close to) yet, but they had great progress. I like the FS for both and would like both to keep it.

Do we know anything about the new coaching situation for Dimitrescu?

For the german ladies, puh, that's a tough cookie; I liked the new move for Bock going for easier content in Oberstdorf. It did not pay out there, but with her usual carrot calls, this might be a more clever strategy. I have not given up yet.

Pairs looks okay.

Dance looks really fine, but of course we desperately need that 2nd euros spot somehow.

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 Junior Worlds team announced:
(no surprises here)

Damen:
Elodie EUDINE
Ann-Christine MAROLD

Herren:
Nikita STAROSTIN
Jonathan HESS

Paare:
Talisa THOMALLA / Robert KUNKEL
Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER

Eistanzen:
Charise MATTHAEI / Maximilian PFISTERER
Amanda PETERSON / Stephano SCHUSTER

J

Jeschke

not surprising no substitute ladies for Germany .... boy do I miss Dastich right now! ...what with all the injuries?
Moved this here from the JW thread.

But this is a good question.
All top skaters seem more injured than in good competitive shape.

Schott seems injured all the time (without her olympic season) and thus not able to perform the way she could.
I don't know of more serious injury by Wienzierl, but she always claims a lot of minor things.
Bock with heavy injury not really coming back without minor injuries appearing.
Dastich I have no detailed info but she is off all season, so...

With all the money/time going for the 'Trainingswissenschaften' (practice science, no clue what the exact english word is), one should think, something like that should be avoided. (at least the frequent injuries)

text_skate

What I don't understand, why is Schott injured so many times. She's training with Huth, and he has been Kostner's coach for decades. Kostner basically has been injury-free then. Also Aljona (and Robin) has (have) been injury-free before her 3ATh adventure.

Most sport performance instituts don't offer their advice for free AFAIK. It might be a financial problem.

The IAT in Leipzig has a figure skating department: http://www.iat.uni-leipzig.de/organisation/fachbereiche/kraft-technik/eiskunstlauf/eiskunstlauf, where they're doing research, particularly on how to increase TES. Perhaps they don't know, how to disseminate their findings?

sandra_persch

Moved this here from the JW thread.

But this is a good question.
All top skaters seem more injured than in good competitive shape.

Where are all the Juniors? There were loads on the national junior team but most seem to be missing right now. Where are Kettl, Klaunig, Schwamberger etc?

Sabine-Yuna

Marold finished 8th place at EYOF, almost 20 pts. behind 7th place (Pesendorfer). I'm not really optimistic for JW.

S

SmallFairy

Seems like #cancerdance got some new costumes for Universiade
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt55lyNAqIl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dfidisei6hqg

I preferred the former ones.
Why bother getting new costumes for one event left to go this season?
(Or did they get the worlds spot? :eek:)
I got to watch the #cancerdance from the link you posted. So, finally. It was actually very depressing. I can't imagine practicing a dance with this theme on a daily basis, but maybe it's just me? It doesn't have to jolly days all the time, I really liked Schwartz/Müller's "Violence against woman" program, but this was a bit too much. Oh well. When I see #cancerdance, in my head, the first thing I see is still a crab rocking away on the ice 😅

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Apparently, Tim Dieck starred in a movie which was released last week. It's called "Glück ist was für Weicheier" ( = "Luck is for sissies") and is about a girl who has already lost her mother and whose sister is terminally ill.
They really DO commit to the cancer theme.

sus2850

Not only Tim, both of them. There is a short noment in the trailer for the film where you can see them on ice.

Quadjump

67 points for Hase/Seegert in Den Haag today. Gosh! This is some score! I feel free to define this as the best non-Aljona German performance since Peter Liebers´SP in Sochi 2014.:saint:

The SP really works for them. Great music and great chemistry. I just wish they could change the constumes to look more like a world class team.

J

Jeschke

No other German man even has the worlds FS minimum. This is so depressing.
Yikes. There you have your answer @Braulio and @SmallFairy :(

While both Stoll/Dimitrescu made good progress this season, there is a long way to go.
So all fingers crossed for Stoll's FS today.

And all the best to Fentz :(

Side note: H/S with 1st win of the season! Congrats! H/B came in 3rd.

J

Jeschke

Stoll WD at Challenge Cup, so if Fentz can't skate worlds, Dimitrescu needs to get his FS minimum in Tyrol somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information