German Skating News 2018/19

J

Jeschke

So, K/N failed to finish Top12 as set in the criteria for worlds.
While I think they totally deserve the worlds spot due to their great season, what will happen now?
Skate-off at Universiade? Skate-off somehwere else?
Who knows anything?:watch:

J

Jeschke

Recap of 🇩🇪 'Dancing on Ice, Season 03 Episode 04'
(detailed summary for @Enchanted :p )

Opening by the skater to 'This is me' with some gymnast doing acrobatics in the air.
Easy 2LoTh by Dytrt/Bonheur! I need her back in competition, epic return that would be :love:

Compulsory element: SBS Step Sequence

1) Kat Rybkowski & Detlef Soost
'Swan Lake'
choreo spin, easy lift, more difficult lift, wobbly sbs steps, death spiral; he splatted more than once last week, so this was not bad but very cautious.
25,5pts

2) Matti Landgraf & Aleksandra Bechtel
'What about us'
Lift, pairs spin, sbs steps, lots of two-foot skating, over-head-lift.
Landgraf looks damn fine today, nice arms :smokin:
Mari, can't you give it another try? :drama: (@alchemy void shut up! I know you want to comment on this :p) )
25,5pts

3) Amani Fancy & Timur Bartels
'Wannabe'
Missed the start.
really good pair spin, solo spin, sbs steps, wobble, costume change, 1STh 2ft, she is lying on his head and he is spinning :eek:. wow, the last element for an amateur :eek:
Fancy lost her competitive shape really fast :shuffle:
32,5pts

4) David Vincour & Sarina Nowak
'Love my like you do'
Some dance moves, pairs spiral, lift, sbs steps with a tiny twizzle, dance lift, pairs spin.
This was a bit boring :shuffle:
24,0pts

5) Joti Polizoakis & Sarah Lombardi
How I hate the PR around that chick! :scream:
'Wie schön du bist'
spin, lift, very cautious and not in sync sbs steps, spiral, dance lift, stationary lift, nice presentation
37,5pts

6) Anette Dytrt & John Michael Kelly
'There's nothing holdin' me back'
Dytrt looking absolutely fantastic :love:
nice speed, no good sync in sbs steps, lots of wobbles, lift, stationary lift where dytrt does a hair cutter and then he drops her on her back 🆘 🙈
23,0pts

Compulsory element for next week presented by Dytrt/Landgraf: Pairs Spin
(She should have stayed in the pairs department back then :drama:)

I love Kati Witt comments, we need her on TV (commentating) more often!

Skate-Off after public vote: Landgraf/Bechtel vs. Vincour/Nowak

Jury decision: Rybkowski/Soost are out.
(they went for a freaky 2STh in the end and splatted big time)

And they delivered the most important news to end:
Next week Savchenko/Massot will be there and skate their OGM FS (show version).

text_skate

In Berlin newspaper "Tagesspiegel" is an interview with Katharina Witt "We are no longer top", only part of the interview is available online: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/i...d-schon-lange-nicht-mehr-spitze/23921738.html
The figure skating Olympic champion talks about the German sports system, missing world class in her discipline and when she was last on the ice.

quotes via google translate

- Hase/Seegert's placement is good
- Germany is no longer on a reliable basis a top tier team
- asked about S/M making money with Holiday on Ice: she's absolutly pro

And as I said at Olympia, Aljona comes from the Ukrainian skating school and Bruno Massot from the French. Both were not really representative of our skating training. Figure skating is a sport in which you have to learn very hard at a very young age. But our sports system, as it is now, is not 100 percent designed to shape world-class athletes for the future.

asked who is responsible for bad shape of German FS
It's a mix of everything. Children have a great urge to move and you should never restrict that. Especially school sports should not always be the first subject that is canceled.

I'll check later in the library, if there is more interessting stuff – if/when article is available (they have a certain amount of licenses/day)

Edit:
The rest of the interview is about her affairs, her training with Müller, her life today. Nothing new.
The interview "started" on the front page with big picture of her, interview inside in sports section, roughly half page

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Bavarian Open entries are up.

Strange line-up for dance. Only Koch/Nüchtern vs. Urban/Steffan. Müller/Dieck missing, so no skate-off? :huh:

Nice to see Lutricia Bock amongst the entries, but I remain skeptical until I see her on the ice.
Isaev skating seniors? Why is she not trying for junior worlds? :huh:
No Scheidt?

3 junior pairs :respec:
Hopefully Roscher/Schuster can get their minimums.

Sunny231

Bavarian Open entries are up.

Nice to see Lutricia Bock amongst the entries, but I remain skeptical until I see her on the ice.
Isaev skating seniors? Why is she not trying for junior worlds? :huh:
No Scheidt?

Lutricia Bock skated last weekend at the Offene Sächsische Meisterschaften, so she apparently is able to skate competitions again, but her scores there were not very promising. :(
Very strange that Isaev isn't at least trying to qualify for JWC and furthermore, why is she skating Seniors at all? If she is not even able to battle Marold and Eudine for the entry spots to JWC, she really shouldn't skate Seniors, I have no clue why she is doing it. She won't have any chance to get world ranking points either, not with this strong entries field.
I'm surprised too, that Scheidt is not listed on the entries as she is on the official poster of Bavarian Open, hopefully she didn't get injured.
3 junior pairs :respec:
Hopefully Roscher/Schuster can get their minimums.
Yes, I'm really hoping the same! All fingers crossed that they make it! I really like them, they are a promising pair and so cute, too! :D

I'm also looking forward to the battle between the junior men for the 2nd spot at JWC (Starostin is most likely save), all possible contenders are entered except Jagoda, so it couldn't be fairer to have this kind of skate off at the same competition, let's see who finally makes it! :watch:

J

Jeschke

I am kinda surprised to see Luft/Kazimov in the starting orders at Egna Dance Trophy.
Will the team be removed last second or will they at least finish the season together?

If so, Blommaert could learn from the kids :p

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Speaking of split german dance couples.
Do we know if Schwendinger/Wunderlich are planning to continue (with new partners)?

Dobre

Speaking of split german dance couples.
Do we know if Schwendinger/Wunderlich are planning to continue (with new partners)?

She was on IPS. I'm not sure when she came off it, but I think it must have been very recently.

J

Jeschke

Recap of 🇩🇪 'Dancing on Ice, Season 03 Episode 05' (Semi-final)
(I linked the performances this time)

Opening by Savchenko/Massot
to 'Never tear us apart'; 2Tw, 2ATh, lift, 2ATh, death spiral; I liked that program for the Empress, who was selling the shit outta this, not sure it suited Bruno that much :shuffle:
Standing ovation.
(Thankfully they got the ice for themselves and did not have to skate a shitty group number)

Compulsory element: Pair spin

1) Anette Dytrt & John Michael Kelly
'María'
Lots of posing, skating around, spiral, some steps, pair spin (2foot)
Once again, Dytrt looked absolutely stunning; they had to skate really long today. But boy, that was an entire Dytrt-show, it was all about her :glamor: If she would only have performed like that in her competitive years :drama:
29,0pts

2) Matti Landgraf & Aleksandra Bechtel
'Paradise City'
Pair spin (q foot, change of positions), rotational lift, sbs steps, straight line lift, choreo lift.
She was really into it, thus her skating was totally sloppy and outta order :shuffle:
Landgrafs's arms are damn hot :smokin:
33,5pts

3) David Vincour & Sarina Nowak
'Bad Romance'
Dance lift, pair spin (1foot, change of foot, change of position), step sequence, spiral
Great progress, really good compulsory element.
31,5pts

OGM FS exhibition by Aliona/Bruno.

2Tw, 2Ath (2ft), 2ATh stepout
Seeing Aliona skate I catch myself not being ready to let her go for good :drama:
Big standing ovation.
Short interview, Aliona promoting the 'Holiday on Ice' show.
Q: What is the difference between Bruno and your former skating partners?
A: He is the best.
Witt recapturing her moment watching S/M's OGM in Korea.
'I was so happy, sitting there watching and realizing element by element, that history will be made. I was so happy for Aliona, 5th games, her men always kinda broke under the pressure and Bruno finally delivered.'

Amani Fancy & Timur Bartels
not skating anymore in the show. Timur left the show this morning due to family reasons.
Amani: 'I feel really bad, as I know Timur is not well right now but I am happy he can be with his family in this time.'

4) Joti Polizoakis & Sarah Lombardi
'Beat It'
Lots of steps, good speed, pair spin (one foot, great speed), difficult rotational lift with change of positions by her, rotational lift.
38,5pts (first '10' of the show)

Once more Aliona/Bruno exhibition 'Up all night' 2Tw, 2ATh 2ft. I am no fan of exhibitions, but I really liked that!

Daniel Weiss on commentating OGM: 'It was so hard to remain professional and not start crying mid-program, because it was so wonderful. Such a big moment in sport history. It was such a great moment for Aliona at her 5th olympics.'

Skate-Off after public vote: Vincour/Nowak vs. Bechtel/Landgraf

Jury decision: Bechtel/Landgraf are out.

J

Jeschke

Pleased to see Schott is entered for 2 more events before worlds.
Hopefully Huth will get her (injury-free) ready and somehow back to decent shape.

sandra_persch

J

Jeschke

So last chance for the juniors starts today at Bavarian Open in the 🇩🇪 #JuniorRace :watch:
Let's see of Hess can somehow bring him back in the mix.

I will post the final standings on saturday, when all junior events are over.

sandra_persch

So last chance for the juniors starts today at Bavarian Open in the 🇩🇪 #JuniorRace :watch:
Let's see of Hess can somehow bring him back in the mix.

I will post the final standings on saturday, when all junior events are over.

With Gurdhzi injured? I think the 2nd spot is Hess' to loose.

J

Jeschke

With Gurdhzi injured? I think the 2nd spot is Hess' to loose.
Do we have official confirmation Gurdhzi is injured and won‘t be fine until JW?
First of all Hess needs to catch up some points.
Keeps things at least a bit interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny231

Do we have official confirmation Gurdhzi is injured and won‘t be fine until JW?
First of all Hess needs to catch up some points.
Keeps things at least a bit interesting.
True, Jagoda, Sapozhnikov and Paschke are still better ranked in the standing than Heß if he cannot catch up some more points. Let's wait and see if he can. Jagoda is not competing at Bavarian Open, so he has no chance to catch up, but Sapozhnikov and Paschke still can, so Heß must score higher than them at least if he wants to overtake them. And to overtake Gurdzhi he needs to score about 156 points or something like that. If he totally messes up at Bavarian Open he won't even rank before Jagoda, Sapozhnikov and Paschke.

J

Jeschke

Hess with Sczypa.
2a, 3f fall, 3t3t fall.
Oh boy :shuffle:

Where is Lindemann?
What was his injury? I am no fan of playing safe. His 3a never looked that bad.

Sunny231

Hess with Sczypa.
2a, 3f fall, 3t3t fall.
Oh boy :shuffle:
I am no fan of playing safe. His 3a never looked that bad.
I agree, that wasn't good at all :(! Speaking about the not planned 3A by him (he didn't even try it in the warm-up), unfortunately, with the new -5 / +5 GOE rule you get less points overall when falling on a triple jump (even if it is fully rotated) than for a cleanly landed double jump, IMO this is not very fair because you don't get rewarded for the try, so no wonder that Heß didn't try it. He fell on all his 3A this season in the SP (with exception of JGP AUT) and the injury surely didn't help to improve his consistency, so it's at least understandable. The fall on the 3F was unnecessary, but at least he rotated the jump after having popped it so many times this season in the SP.
Anyway, with this poor outing in the SP I don't see him overtaking Gurdzhi at all in the battle for the 2nd spot at JWC, but we will see what happens in the FS.

J

Jeschke

So, changing the qualification period did work out the way german fed wanted it to ;)
Hess managed to get some decent score to finish 2nd in the race.
While I agree, he might be the best option behind Starostin, I still dislike the late change of criteria (though it seems, that all who wanted to skate, were allowed, as Starostin already had his competitions done).

Still, 2nd spot will be gone for sure, both boys will have to fight hard to even make the FS cut 🆘

Hess really needs better choreo next year, the programs are really not good, not even on junior level.
Starostin on the other hand had really good stuff by Solya.

Let's wait for official confirmation.

Sunny231

So, changing the qualification period did work out the way german fed wanted it to ;)
Hess managed to get some decent score to finish 2nd in the race.
While I agree, he might be the best option behind Starostin, I still dislike the late change of criteria (though it seems, that all who wanted to skate, were allowed, as Starostin already had his competitions done).

Still, 2nd spot will be gone for sure, both boys will have to fight hard to even make the FS cut 🆘

Hess really needs better choreo next year, the programs are really not good, not even on junior level.
Starostin on the other hand had really good stuff by Solya.

Let's wait for official confirmation.
Heß pulled off a quite descent FS today, I was surprised after the poor SP yesterday. Anyway, he was really playing it save with no 3A and no triple-triple combo, the most difficult element was the 3Lz+1Eu+3S at the beginning which he executed well at least. I agree that Heß' FS is not a burner at all, I never understood why he kept this FS for the 3rd season in a row, he did skate another FS at NRW Trophy in August 2018, but for some reason I don't know, he switched back to his old FS afterwards:wall:
I like the soundtrack from Pearl Harbour, but to skate to it 3 seasons in a row is just too long.
Hopefully he forces his training really hard now to get the 3A back at least until WJC, otherwise you may be right, both him and Starostin (who gave up on the 3A as well as it seems :() won't survive the cut to the FS.

Sunny231

Descent outing from Marold today in the SP with nice 3T+3T Combo, just the 3F went south, that was her best SP by far this season. Nice to see her happy in the Kiss & Cry. Hopefully she goes on progressing like that :)!

J

Jeschke

Heß pulled off a quite descent FS today.
Best mistake ever. I usually do not comment on that (as I make enough for myself), but this one is so funny as it is meaning literally the opposite of what you intended to say :rofl:

no triple-triple combo, the most difficult element was the 3Lz+1Eu+3S at the beginning which he executed well at least..
Oh you are harsh, 3-3, I don't care in combo or as sequence. It was really good, I agree! :respec:

I like the soundtrack from Pearl Harbour, but to skate to it 3 seasons in a row is just too long.
I love the soundtrack, but i totally agree. Hess pushed it a bit too far 🆘

Sunny231

Best mistake ever. I usually do not comment on that (as I make enough for myself), but this one is so funny as it is meaning literally the opposite of what you intended to say :rofl:
Haha, ups, sorry :D! I didn't even think about the spelling and meaning difference between "decent" and "descent" :p Thanks for the note, of course this was misleading from my side. ;)

Quadjump

Comeback from Hocke/Blommaert today at Bavarian Open with 55 points in the short.

He fell on the Toeloops. IMO you clearly see her to be the better skater compared to him. Although there are still issues about him and some elements (spin, jump) their potential is obvious. Good speed, nice ice coverage and some really good choreo-movements (ending position). It is a pity that they cannot take more advantage out of their talent.

Hope for a good free.

Sunny231

Comeback from Hocke/Blommaert today at Bavarian Open with 55 points in the short.

He fell on the Toeloops. IMO you clearly see her to be the better skater compared to him. Although there are still issues about him and some elements (spin, jump) their potential is obvious. Good speed, nice ice coverage and some really good choreo-movements (ending position). It is a pity that they cannot take more advantage out of their talent.

Hope for a good free.
I agree, Hocke is the better one, she is selling the program really well while Blommaert is kind of emotionless, the music of the SP is not suiting him IMO. It's because of him that their PCS are so low, Hocke really deserves a better partner! :wall:

J

Jeschke

This was really not a good outing!
Hocke sells it better but is still totally in over-emoting mode. Blommaert, no clue what’s going on. From a distant point of view with no clue what’s actually going on one could think, making it to the olympics sucked every bit of motivation outta him 🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information