From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

annie_mg

Not to dwell on what some 15 year+old+something said in public, but she is an exceptional talent... and she is a loud mouth at the same time, with "star ambitions" that need to be channeled. She is practicing 3A's quite well, and some private videos at the rink recorded it. The coaching team is quite right to make her perfect her current strong points, before introducing 3A into the routines. Kostornaya's mentality and type of character is all about "being the star" and "being the best" not just in skating: pretties girl, best dressing locker, cutest dog, fluffiest/longer hair, better clothes, fancier foreign vacations than other girls take on holidays... If she is not channeled, she'll go in all directions, and end up with nothing.. or will make stupid mistakes. She can win with what she has now, and she needs to perfect it... then 3A in competition, as a second stage. Her team seems to know her well, and is channeling her now, for her own good.

Kostornaya is not Alysa Lui, who said "yes i did my 1st 3A, but there is 2nd one.... and when i finished my 2nd one, there are still more jumps to concentrate on". Kostornya will do her 3A and think "yeees! i showed it to Trusova, and if i win, i can take the best locker in the dressing room...".. and then there is no guarantee how the rest of the skate will go. She has too much "wrong ego", and that needs to be handled.
Ok, you clearly don't like her. What you don't realise is that nobody will take you comments on her seriously when you're speaking so poorly of her character every single time.

By the way, being ambitious when you're 15 is what brings you to the top. Most big stars think a lot of themselves, it's what drives them and pushes them. And personally I don't care about what she wears and who she hangs out with as long as she keeps being so exquisite on the ice. It's a sport, not a personality contest.

Japanfan

Good girl! i was hopping someone starts "travelling spins" or "travelling entry into a spin" trend. That would add a new, interesting and not too hard to do element. It's been done in competition on roller skates for decades and looks great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuQomK2lm_I

Very cool.

But a traveling spin is easier than a spin in one place, isn't it? Which is probably why we don't have them in FS. Are they actually against the rules (I would think so).

zoe111

Ok, you clearly don't like her. What you don't realise is that nobody will take you comments on her seriously when you're speaking so poorly of her character every single time.

By the way, being ambitious when you're 15 is what brings you to the top. Most big stars think a lot of themselves, it's what drives them and pushes them. And personally I don't care about what she wears and who she hangs out with as long as she keeps being so exquisite on the ice. It's a sport, not a personality contest.
This. Tinami definitely doesn’t like her and seems to spend a prodigious amount of time gossiping negatively when it comes to Kostornaia. First, Kostornaia herself said in the press conference after the jgpf that she had stopped practicing 3A after a while because it wasn’t going well, and they had decided to concentrate on other things. Second, team tutberidze doesn’t seem to have qualms about scherbakova and Trusova doing quads even though both have quite a bit of other stuff they need to work on - spins, extension, etc. If Tinami knows her personally, then I think it’s a breach of etiquette to post these kinds of personal digs. If she doesn’t know Kostornaia personally then it’s just nasty to keep throwing this stuff out there. All 3 of Eteri’s top girls seem like decent kids with different personalities and I like all their skating for different reasons and am totally uninterested in their personal lives. That’s their business

hanca

Values her privacy
Very cool.

But a traveling spin is easier than a spin in one place, isn't it? Which is probably why we don't have them in FS. Are they actually against the rules (I would think so).
Travelling spins are not against rules as such, but if spins travels it is considered as a flaw (because skater couldn’t center the spin). Travelling into the spin is not against the rules, as far as I recall skaters do it from time to time, e.g. Sakhanovich did it I think the season she was with Tutberidze. I would have to search for it and I don’t have that much time at this moment.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
lol ? how did the last discussion turned itnto about Kostornaia having a big ego, is star power driven and even downright bitchy with the locker room scenario. Sure she's more into press interviews, posts more pics of her face but plenty of young kids do that nowadays.

lala

she is not loosing 3A, she is practicing it, others in the sport notice/know it. Kostornaya likes to play with words and create an image, and thinks she is very clever at manipulation. she has big ego, and she is too young to know what's good for her sometimes. people in "russian skating" know she is working on 3A, and predict that in combination with her other skills she will go very far. You need to filter what Kostornya says in public.. she is a show-off, but it does not mean she is not practicing Axel. maybe in her mind she thinks she'll give a big wow to all, with "axel out of the blue"..
https://nevasport.ru/46960-butyrskaya-kostornaya-budet-pervym-nomerom-v-mire-s-trojnym-akselem/

She is only 15! She is smart but don't think she is manipulative!

I have seen a practice video she landed in beautiful 3A on ice.

Perky Shae Lynn

lol ? how did the last discussion turned itnto about Kostornaia having a big ego, is star power driven and even downright bitchy with the locker room scenario. Sure she's more into press interviews, posts more pics of her face but plenty of young kids do that nowadays.
If I had a face like hers, I'd post pictures 5 times a day..... ;)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
she is not loosing 3A, she is practicing it, others in the sport notice/know it. Kostornaya likes to play with words and create an image, and thinks she is very clever at manipulation. she has big ego, and she is too young to know what's good for her sometimes. people in "russian skating" know she is working on 3A, and predict that in combination with her other skills she will go very far. You need to filter what Kostornya says in public.. she is a show-off, but it does not mean she is not practicing Axel. maybe in her mind she thinks she'll give a big wow to all, with "axel out of the blue"..
https://nevasport.ru/46960-butyrskaya-kostornaya-budet-pervym-nomerom-v-mire-s-trojnym-akselem/

I don’t know if she is losing (not loosing) the 3A but even if she did, I would still love her skating because she is such a complete skater at such a young age. I like her with or without a 3A or a quad.

Not to dwell on what some 15 year+old+something said in public, but she is an exceptional talent... and she is a loud mouth at the same time, with "star ambitions" that need to be channeled. She is practicing 3A's quite well, and some private videos at the rink recorded it. The coaching team is quite right to make her perfect her current strong points, before introducing 3A into the routines. Kostornaya's mentality and type of character is all about "being the star" and "being the best" not just in skating: pretties girl, best dressing locker, cutest dog, fluffiest/longer hair, better clothes, fancier foreign vacations than other girls take on holidays... If she is not channeled, she'll go in all directions, and end up with nothing.. or will make stupid mistakes. She can win with what she has now, and she needs to perfect it... then 3A in competition, as a second stage. Her team seems to know her well, and is channeling her now, for her own good.

Kostornaya is not Alysa Lui, who said "yes i did my 1st 3A, but there is 2nd one.... and when i finished my 2nd one, there are still more jumps to concentrate on". Kostornya will do her 3A and think "yeees! i showed it to Trusova, and if i win, i can take the best locker in the dressing room...".. and then there is no guarantee how the rest of the skate will go. She has too much "wrong ego", and that needs to be handled.

It seems you are a mind reader (sarcasm). You read Alysa Liu’s mind. You also read Alena Kostornaia’s mind....Or may be they both told you what they were thinking while they were skating?

Your hatred for Alena is really showing in your post. Why do you hate a young talented girl so much? You don’t have to answer but it may help to tone down your comments a bit, and not get too personal or into her personality because I don’t think you are her psychologist or a friend.

Last edited:

muffinplus

Kostornaia was just asked about the 3A, she said she hasn't really had the opportunity to train it properly

annie_mg

I'm guessing the 3Axel is much easier than a quad? Not in terms of points, but in terms of learning it? Why has Trusova never tried to learn it? Was it because she wanted to make history with a quad? Just wondering.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I'm guessing the 3Axel is much easier than a quad? Not in terms of points, but in terms of learning it? Why has Trusova never tried to learn it? Was it because she wanted to make history with a quad? Just wondering.

Depends on the skater. For some, a triple axel is more difficult than a quad. It has fewer revolutions (3.5) so one may think it is easier, but that is not always the case. The forward outside edge entry for the 3A can be treacherous, compared with the toe loop (easiest) and other entries.

For ladies, the 3axel is difficult because they lack the upper body strength needed for it. Some ladies can do it, while others go for the quad.

sharsk8s

Trusova has learned and done it. I remember a few videos of her trying it in comp but she fell. I think I read that her old coach said it was too inconsistent so they gave up and just focused on quads. I think if she really wanted to she could probably get it back but for her it makes more sense to focus on landing quads

Tinami Amori

Kostornaia was just asked about the 3A, she said she hasn't really had the opportunity to train it properly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LW9b_ZT00g

To be exact, she said that she wanted to include it this season, but for various reasons it is not possible. She did not specify if it is she or the coaches deciding against it, just listing few general reasons.

Here is interview with Shcherb also, (since Trusy's is already posted).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnFlwsAn0eY

You read Alysa Liu’s mind.
Neeeoooo...... i do something far more sinisiter.... I listen to her post nationals interview and repeat her words... :sekret:

;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGiKNTSdpCY (@ 0:36)

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
is it? Tell that to Lambiel (and plenty of other skaters who have quads and struggle with 3A). I think it is very individual. Axel jump is the only jump that you start forward and that can be the problem for some skaters. Someone prefers quads to 3A, others don’t mind 3A but may not have quads yet.

Tinami Amori

Kostornya says she is planning to include 3A in her next season's programmes to compete with the Japanese girls....
https://www.sovsport.ru/figure/news...e-planiruyu-vstavit-v-programmu-troynoy-aksel :respec: :cheer:

«Мне хотелось в этом сезоне попробовать тройной аксель, но в связи с некоторыми обстоятельствами я то начинала его учить, то откладывала, – приводит ТАСС слова 15-летняя Косторной. – Это делу, конечно, не помогало. Но я очень хочу вставить тройной аксель в свои программы, в следующем сезоне планирую это сделать. Буду очень стараться – наши японские соперницы уже освоили четверные прыжки, делают тройные аксели».

"I wanted to try to do it this season, but due to certain circumstances i was either starting to practice it/learning it, or setting it aside. That did not help the process. But i very much want to put a 3A into my programmes, next season plan to do it. I will try very hard, our Japanese rivals already learned quads and performing 3A's".

Polaris

Don't think so, given the number of men who can execute quads but struggle on the 3A.

Tinami Amori

Trusova has learned 3A and tried it in local competition (and fell), back in 2016 (which she learned or started to learn when she was still with Volkov before she left him and moved to Team Eteri).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfH6jpgVkQ

Team Eteri checked it and they found her 3A technique questionable, and that her attempts at quads have better perspective.. She said herself she likes to jump, so she was willing to try any difficult jumps.

Today Trusova said she plans to start working on 3A again..
https://nevasport.ru/50180-trusova-budu-uchit-trojnoj-aksel/

Tarakanova/Plushenko stated they are also learning 3A and working on quads for next season..
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1071236932.html

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Finsta

Kostornya says she is planning to include 3A in her next season's programmes to compete with the Japanese girls....
https://www.sovsport.ru/figure/news...e-planiruyu-vstavit-v-programmu-troynoy-aksel :respec: :cheer:

«Мне хотелось в этом сезоне попробовать тройной аксель, но в связи с некоторыми обстоятельствами я то начинала его учить, то откладывала, – приводит ТАСС слова 15-летняя Косторной. – Это делу, конечно, не помогало. Но я очень хочу вставить тройной аксель в свои программы, в следующем сезоне планирую это сделать. Буду очень стараться – наши японские соперницы уже освоили четверные прыжки, делают тройные аксели».

"I wanted to try to do it this season, but due to certain circumstances i was either starting to practice it/learning it, or setting it aside. That did not help the process. But i very much want to put a 3A into my programmes, next season plan to do it. I will try very hard, our Japanese rivals already learned quads and performing 3A's".

Interesting she overlooks the US girl landing 3axels.

hanca

Values her privacy
The US girl will be a junior next season while the Eteri trio will be seniors
And the US girl didn’t prove herself at international competitions yet. After a season or two of US girl winning her JGP, I am sure they won’t discount her.

lala

I just want to show this...... https://rsport.ria.ru/20190204/1550353624.html

Plushenko: Yagudin and I have long to shake hands

Anatoly Samokhvalov.
Two-time Olympic champion in figure skating Evgeni Plushenko told RIA Novosti that he liked the telecomments of his long-time rival, Olympic champion Alexei Yagudin, with whom he is ready to make peace.
Conflicts between athletes began after Yagudin left in 1998 from coach Alexei Mishin to Tatiana Tarasova. Plushenko trained from Mishin continuously after moving from Volgograd to St. Petersburg in his childhood and until the end of his career. Now Yagudin comments on figure skating competitions on the First Channel.
“I even sometimes began to love Alexei Yagudin. I hear his comments on how he responds flatteringly to me, so I also begin to“ love ”Lesha. Of course, as a commentator, and not in terms of“ male friendship. ”If this story continues in in the same vein, I’ll "fall in love with him", said Plushenko by phone
When asked whether Yagudin and Plushenko should finally shake hands and forget past conflicts, the agency’s interlocutor said: “It’s time. I didn’t start any wars. I didn’t start at the Olympics to run through journalists and shout ... I never started this in my life. I did my job. And when they bite me, I also get angry. "

zebraswan

Wasn't it just a month ago or so that Plushenko flipped out because Yags was skating at his rink? How desperate for attention are they? Enough already...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, what is the excuse for Plushenko not going to Junior Nats now? He sure had a lot to say but he never can be bothered to show up to the competition even now? What kind of coach is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information