Let's Talk Movies #35 – Sparrows and Panthers and Dinosaurs…Oh My!

Which Movies Might You See? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

• Feb. 16th - Black Panther – Action adventure with Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyo

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • March 2nd - Red Sparrow – Mystery thriller with Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton and Mary-Louise Pa

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • March 9th - A Wrinkle In Time – Adventure fantasy with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Oprah Winfr

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • March 16th - Tomb Raider – Action adventure with Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins and Kristin Scott T

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • March 30th – Ready Player One – Sci-fi adventure with Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke and Simon Pegg

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • May 4th - Avengers: Infinity War – Adventure fantasy with nobody famous

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • May 18th - Deadpool 2 – Adventure comedy with Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin and T. J. Miller

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • May 25th - Solo: A Star Wars Story – Adventure fantsy with Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover and Woody

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • June 8th - Ocean's 8 – Action thriller with Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and Anne Hathaway

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • June 22nd - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – Action sci-fi with Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Saw Fahrenheit 11/9 today. I was a little disappointed because I had expected a 9 or 10 out of 10 movie. I would give it 7.5 (at the most).

First, the good. It had a strong opening and ending. Both brought tears to my eyes. I relived the 2016 election in the opening portion. It was like - what should have been.

The ending with Emma Gonzalez's famous speech was very strong and gave me some hope, though Moore sees hope as something negative. He sees it as the reason for Trump's win. The examples he gives of democrats are - some right and some not right. (JMO of course)

The reasons for Trump's victory were listed up front- Russian/Putin, Comey, Trump's big rallies vs Hillary's small meetings.

The message that our MSM built up Trump, giving him free TV time, covering him a lot because their networks made money, is spot on.

The Hitler clips were great, followed by Trump clips. You see the similarities and the message to not take him for granted, and to not get our hopes up.

The interviews with New Democratic candidates for various positions were good, particularly Cortez in the NY primaries.

The Parkland High students portion was well done, as were the gun violence and encouragement of racism.

Now the negatives.

The movie is like a patchwork quilt of different events. The Flint story is good but it was shown three times and two of those times it stopped the flow of the movie, if we were to see why Trump was elected.

I am not sure that Obama sent army into Flint for training (use empty buildings) and terrorized the residents. I checked Snopes but couldn't find an answer. Moore did everything to make Obama look bad and that did not sit well with me.

Moore's Bernie worship really showed up when he said that the super delegates stole WV and other states from him. Bernie knew even before the primaries that there would be super delegates. Did he do anything to win them over? He paints Bernie as a victim, and implying that the unfairness of the democrats made people stay home. How did he ignore the focus on Hillary's emails?

To summarize, there were many good segments (some were outstanding), but overall I thought this documentary could have been so much better. I have read books on this topic that were better.

ETA- It was totally out of place to show Trump's 'strange' relationship with Ivanka. It had nothing to do his election. Besides, it is a personal matter between Donald and Ivanka.

So IMO it was good but not great.

Last edited:

annie720

I saw Science Fair at the theater today, a documentary that follows nine high-school students from around the world as they qualify for and compete at the International Science and Engineering Fair. Nothing earth shattering, but I liked it. It was an interesting contrast to Minding the Gap that we saw just a few days ago.

PeterG

Thou Shalt Not: Sex, Sin and Censorship in Pre-Code Hollywood (2008) - this is a TV documentary that was included as a DVD extra on the Forgotten Hollywood set I have been posting about. I really enjoyed it. It covers the history of what happens and features about five different segments about areas which were deemed inappropriate for public viewing. Areas such as sex, crime, alcohol and drug use and homosexuality. Definitely worth a viewing.

PeterG

Trailers For Movies Released 2018-10-05th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipS90SZ4Aq4oBMAsz12412Nr

The last movie on the playlist, The Trump Prophecy...only playing October 2nd and 4th!!!! Get your tickets now!!!! (I'm dying to know what you think of the trailer...)

Oct. 5th - A Star is Born (Wide) – Musical romantic drama with Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper, Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle and Andrew Dice Clay

Oct. 5th - Venom (Wide) – Action horror sci-fi with Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Woody Harrelson, Jenny Slate and Riz Ahmed

Oct. 5th - Loving Pablo (Limited) – Crime drama with Javier Bardem, Penélope Cruz and Peter Sarsgaard

Oct. 5th - Bayou Caviar (Limited) – Drama with Cuba Gooding Jr., Famke Janssen, Katharine McPhee and Richard Dreyfuss (and written and directed by Cuba Gooding Jr.)

Oct. 5th - A Crooked Somebody (Limited) – Thriller with Ed Harris, Clifton Collins Jr. and Amy Madigan

Oct. 5th - Trouble (Limited) – Comedy drama with Anjelica Huston, Bill Pullman, David Morse and Julia Stiles

Oct. 5th - The Great Buster (Limited) – Documentary. From google.com: “A celebration of the life and filmmaking career on iconic comedian Buster Keaton. Starting life in show business as a toddler in his family's vaudeville act, Keaton rises to Hollywood fame with his visionary silent comedies in the 1920s.”

Oct. 5th - Private Life (Limited - Netflix) – Drama with Kathryn Hahn, Paul Giamatti and Molly Shannon

Oct. 5th – Malevolent (Limited - Netflix) – Animated horror with Morena Baccarin [Gotham, The Flash], William Shatner, Ray Wise [Fresh Off The Boat]

Oct. 5th - Ride (Limited) – Thriller with Bella Thorne. From imdb.com: “a cautionary tale aimed at a technology-obsessed society. When James, an Uber driver, and his passenger, Jessica, pick up the charismatic but manipulative Bruno, a normal night out in LA becomes a psychological war for survival.”

Oct. 5th - Chasing the Blues (Limited) – Comedy with a new cast with Steve Guttenberg and Jon Lovitz

Oct. 5th - Living in the Future’s Past (Limited) – Documentary. From imdb.com: “What kind of future to we want to live in? Jeff Bridges presents this beautifully photographed 4K tour de force of original thinking on who we are and the life challenges we face.”

Oct. 5th - Await Further Instructions (Limited) – Horror mystery sci-fi, new cast. From imdb.com: “It's Christmas Day and the Milgram family wake to find a mysterious black substance surrounding their house. Something monumental is clearly happening right outside their door, but what exactly - an industrial accident, a terrorist attack, nuclear war?”

Oct. 5th - Knuckleball (Limited) – Thriller with a new cast & Michael Ironside. From imdb.com: “Alone, and targeted on an isolated farm, 12 year old Henry finds himself at the center of a maelstrom of terror, and a dark family legacy, when his secretive grandfather dies suddenly in the night.”

Oct. 5th – Viking Destiny aka Of Gods and Warriors (Limited) – Action fantasy with a new cast & Terence Stamp. From imdb.com: “A Viking Princess is forced to flee her kingdom after being framed for the murder of her father, the King. Under the guidance of the God Odin, she travels the world gaining wisdom and building the army she needs to win back her throne.”

Oct. 5th - Shine (Limited) – Musical drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “Two Puerto Rican brothers from New York's Spanish Harlem and the street's best Salsa dancers, are separated after a tragedy only to reunite years later on opposing sides of gentrification.”

Oct. 3rd - Over the Limit (Limited) – Sports documentary. From imdb.com: “An intimate portrait of the world's most outstanding rhythmic gymnast Margarita Mamun who needs to overcome mental fragility to take part in the Olympic Games.”

Oct. 5th - Heavy Trip (Limited) – Musical comedy from Finland. From imdb.com: “Turo is trying to overcome his fears by leading the most unknown heavy metal band in Finland to the hottest metal festival of Norway. The journey includes heavy metal, grave robbing, Viking heaven and an armed conflict between Finland and Norway.”

Oct. 2nd - The Trump Prophecy (Special Engagement) – Drama with a new cast. From imdb.com: “Based on actual everts, the story surrounds a fireman and public servant Mark Taylor who heard a special message from God about change in our nation. When Mary Colbert, a networker and connector of Christian ministries, heard Mark's message she felt called to start a national prayer movement which grew to thousands of people across our nation praying together for the leadership of America and a return to the Godly principles we were founded upon. The Trump Prophecy tells the story of Mark Taylor and Mary Colbert through the election of 2016 followed by a reflective time hearing from leaders in various sectors of faith, business, finance, military, and world affairs who respond with their perspective on what it takes to make America great again.”

watchthis!!

‘Peterloo’ Moved Back From Awards Season to 2019
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/peterloo-release-date-change-1202966244/

I think people here have talked about beings fans of director Mike Leigh. This article is about his newest movie, which:

...re-creates the 1819 massacre by armed government militias who charged into a crowd of 60,000 people in Manchester who were demanding reforms in parliamentary representation for the working class. As many as 15 people were killed and up to 700 were wounded.

There was concern by the studio (amazon) that the movie might be overlooked by all the other award-worthy movies coming out before the end of the year. By releasing this movie next April, it will receive more attention (and get more time in movie theatres).

The article mentions some of the accomplishment of Leigh, who has:

...been nominated for seven Academy Awards — for directing and writing “Secrets & Lies” and “Vera Drake,” and for his screenplays for “Topsy-Turvy,” “Happy-Go-Lucky,” and “Another Year.”

Japanfan

Bradley or Viggo? Both have done a lot of movies that have entertained us, a win for either could be more of a career thank you if the performance isn't one that stands up against all the best actor performances of the past

Viggo!:cheer2::cheer2:

He's a highly intelligent and largely underrated actor IMO. He could have just ridden on the fame of playing Aragorn in 'Lord of the Rings', but he didn't. He avoided being typecast and did not take advantage of opportunities that must have come to him solely because of his smokin' hot handsomeness. He likes to take on some smaller roles that challenge him, such as a character in the film adaptation of Cormak McArthy's (sp?) 'The Road', a troubling post-apocalyptic film.

And he got an Oscar nod (and a number of other nominations) in 2017 for his performance in 'Captain Fantastic' (about a hippie-type/back-to-nature back to nature dad raising his kids in the forest of the Pacific Northwest). I didn't think that was his best or most challenging role, but did enjoy the film.

According to IMDB, Mortenson is also an accomplished poet, photographer and painter.

Last edited:

Japanfan

Prancer said:
I haven't seen that version, either, but it's supposed to be a feminist take. I have a hard time picturing it, given The Beguiled's plot.

Just watched the film and don't really see the feminist angle - the fact that a group women are on their own and the way the women come together at the end just doesn't make it so IMO. When the soldier arrives, the ladies/girls get all dressed up, flirt with him, and basically compete with each other for his attention. Sure, it's understandable that a group of only ladies/girls not only lacking in any male company, but also isolated from the outside world, would react that way when a (very good-looking) man shows up. But, the context was not particularly feminist IMO. Perhaps the point was satire, but if so, it was sort of lost on me.

Mind you, all the Sophia Coppola films I have seen were a bit 'meh' in my view.

Another thing that bothered me - they let him stay a month or more (I think, the time-line isn't clear in the movie) before determining that having him there is a threat to their safety?

I'm reminded of The Last Seduction, with Linda Fiorentino. That IMO was a film worthy of being called feminist. And of the most wonderful Yes with Joan Allen. I originally didn't think I could get through the latter because all the dialogue was in iambic pentameter - but it was a bold and brilliant film (highly recommended to anyone looking for great films that aren't too too old).

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just got back from 'A star is born'. Well made but I found it too slow and boring. What is the point in making the same movie over and over again? The singing was good of course, though I have never been a fan of Lady Gaga. The acting was good by both Cooper and Gaga. Should expect many Oscar nominations- Best picture, Director, Actor, Actress, musical score, song. I didn't think the screenplay was that good. The movie was not moving at all. I even took a little nap.

The sad thing for me was that I lost my mini iPad in the theatre. It must have fallen out of my bag. I didn't realize until I got home. I tried calling the theatre but they were not answering the phone (Call back another time- was the greeting). So I drove back to the theatre, and asked about it. Gave them the theatre number and my seat number. I was told nobody has turned it in. I asked if I. Oils go in and look for it. They said no. They did take down my phone number, in case it was found. I have no hope of finding it. Someone may have even sat on it and destroyed it by now. I am heartbroken. This is the iPad I usually carry in my purse and while traveling it is very convenient.

This movie has cost me way too much. :(

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
OT-
On this bad day, one good thing happened. I went to the theatre again this evening, to try again to get my ipad. The same gal was still working there. She told me right away that nobody had turned in anything, but I persisted and asked her again to look, reminding her with the theatre number and my seat number. Then she called the manager's office and said - they found something. She is bringing it over. It was my ipad! She asked me to unlock it, to prove it was mine. I did, and took home my beloved ipad. Persistence works!

PeterG

OT-
On this bad day, one good thing happened. I went to the theatre again this evening, to try again to get my ipad. The same gal was still working there. She told me right away that nobody had turned in anything, but I persisted and asked her again to look, reminding her with the theatre number and my seat number. Then she called the manager's office and said - they found something. She is bringing it over. It was my ipad! She asked me to unlock it, to prove it was mine. I did, and took home my beloved ipad. Persistence works!

:cheer2::respec::D:rollin::cheer::encore::hat1::summer::):):)

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I watched Leave no trace yesterday. Such a quiet movie which depicts a father-daughter bond very movingly. I also appreciated a non cynical view of society for once. No one is getting out of their way to break this special bond. No one even the cast-off and disenfranchised is depicted as pathetic or needy. People are just simply helping each other without asking much in return, nothing malicious on their minds. So refreshing to watch such story right now.
It would have been nice to have a bit more of the main characters' backstory though but in the end you're left with a feeling, one of those slow burner you do keep thinking about, images which surprisingly creep up in the back of your mind. It also makes you reflect on the way we connect with each other, our needs for material things and confort and above all the right to simply be alone and not want to be part of society. It also questions us as parents, how we project so much on our kids and how they have the right to just choose another path.

SandraMGfan

Saw The Wife yesterday. Afraid I wasn't overly impressed - neither by the story or the acting. Glenn Close was her usual-self and good - but in my opinion the directing could have gotten much more out of her and her character.
Was a bit surprised at how the story went in the last scene too - for me in undid everything the movie had done through the 90min.

(it's tough to write without spoiling the whole thing!)

and since I go often, here is about the other movies I saw in September:
Crazy Rich Asians - good rom com, quite funny.
A Simple Favour - loved it, it was both full of suspens and twist and funny, and with a very surprising almost all French soundtrack! Pairing Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick was genius!
King of Thieves - based on the true story of the Hatton Garden Heist in 2015. It was entertaining, and Michael Caine and Jim Broadbent carried the movie. I always enjoy movies based on true stories, but at the end of the day this was a 14millions £££ heist carried out by grandpas, so there was little novelty on how they did it or suspens in how they got caught.

On the plan for the rest of the month are: First Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad Times at El Royale, The Hate you give, Black 47

DannyCurry

I haven't been too lucky with movies lately, because I didn't take time to go to the movies much, and what I saw was rather disappointing.

While I was on a Disney cruise, I tried to watch Christopher Robin. Unfortunately, a mom couldn't help but make several people in her row stand so that she could go and get more popcorn. Shortly after she came back, she opened her soda can and that was the last straw for me. Other people were eating noisily as well so I left the theater about 10 minutes after the movie started.

Then, once I got back to France, since I hadn't had enough of Disney, I went to watch The Little Mermaid. Again, a mom and her 4 year old daughter started to make so much noise, trying to get their sweets at the bottom of a plastic bag. I tried asking them nicely to stop being so noisy. When they kept on being rude, I asked less nicely. Crazy mom got carried away, telling me that she had bought the sweets (t)here and that I should sit at the front (while we arrived before her !!). She then threatened to "call someone" so I did call someone first, to no avail. The employee did get in but couldn't do anything so I left again :mad:. As there wasn't any other session about to start at that theater, I went to another one, to see a French documentary about going back to some countryside and interview regular folks who played in a movie in their youth : Retour en Normandie. Sure, no popcorn and no kid at that session, but what a snooze that was ! There was only one other guy at that session, a poor Chinese looking student who probably didn't understand much (sometimes, because of their heavy accents, I couldn't understand either..). It must have been horrible for him. He fell asleep and so did I. That being said, what I caught from the documentary could make some good analysis material but I'm too lazy to make one as right now, I just feel the need to vent :D

Eventually, yesterday I watched Climax. Yet another Gaspar Noé's movie on people on drugs. Apart from the dance performance which was pleasant, I couldn't wait for the movie to end. Second worst movie ever, after Mother ! :EVILLE:

manhn

Saw Star is Born. A very good movie. Some pacing issues, but otherwise, wonderful. Lady Gaga is very good, but Cooper was soooooo great. My favourite lead actor performance in a very long time. The music is great too. Can’t wait to see it again!

peibeck

Simply looking
I saw "A Star is Born" this afternoon. I thought the first 90 minutes was excellent, and the final 45 minutes was decent. The connection between Cooper and Gaga is palpable and what makes the film work so well. It isn't the greatest script (I don't think any version has really had an amazing script, honestly), but the score was very good.

I can see many dance and pairs doing very :drama: programs to the music next season. :lol:

PeterG

Moving past the pre-code movies, I'm up to Angels With Dirty Faces (1938) from my "seen" list. A James Cagney crime drama, which was nominated for three Oscars (winning none): best actor for Cagney, best director (Michael Curtiz, who later won for Casablance) and best writing (original story). The movie is about a gangster who connects with the youth where he grew up and becomes someone they look up to. The local priest (Cagney's childhood friend) asks him to try to deter the boys from following Cagney into a life of crime. Cagney refuses, right up until he is arrested and sent to death by electric chair. There is one last chance for Cagney to make amends for the wrongs he has done. You'll have to watch the movie to see whether the hardened criminal takes the suggestion of the priest or not. Humphrey Bogart co-stars in a small role.

There is a version of the movie on youtube, it comes with Spanish subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvarkkmiMH0&t=724s

watchthis!!

Walking Out is an adventure drama from last year, with Matt Bomer as the lead character, along with newcomer Josh Wiggins as his son. The movie is basically about a hunting trip gone wrong and how the two must try to survive after finding themselves in an extreme situation. I thought it was pretty good, maybe a bit too slow and relaxed for my tastes. Good performances from the two leads, though. And Bill Pullman has a small role as Matt Bomer's father in flashback scenes.

Trailer for Walking Out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAMmyBATXzg

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Has anyone seen the pre-1976 versions of A star is born? I heard they were both very good. I have already added the Judy Garland one to my Netflix queue.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I've only seen the Judy Garland version. It was most excellent. I don't like Bradley Cooper so I'll be giving this remake a miss.

Japanfan

I found this interesting article comparing the four versions of the movie.

The article says the '76 version of the film was the worst. IMO, when you've got Kris Kristofferson, it doesn't matter too much how good the actual film is.

Though, I did think and he and Sarah Miles were amazing in 'The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea' (I heard that the bedroom scene got a little to close to real. :p)

As to the new A Star is Born, I think I'll pass. I'm just not that interested.

PeterG

Trailers For Movies Released 2018-10-12th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipT_ePCHzvxteDm032ns13h3

Oct. 12th - First Man (Wide) – Drama with Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Ciarán Hinds and Kyle Chandler

Oct. 12th - Goosebumps: Haunted Halloween (Wide) – Family adventure comedy with Jack Black, Ken Jeong and Chris Parnell

Oct. 12th - Bad Times at the El Royale (Wide) – Mystery thriller with Dakota Johnson, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Nick Offerman and Jeff Bridges

Oct. 12th - Beautiful Boy (Limited) – Drama with Steve Carell, Timothée Chalamet, Maura Tierney and Amy Ryan

Oct. 12th - The Oath (Limited) – Action comedy thriller with Ike Barinholz, Billy Magnussen, Tiffany Haddish, Max Greenfield, Nora Dunn and John Cho

Oct. 10th - 22 July (Oscar Qualifying Run - Netflix) – Crime drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “A three-part story of Norway's worst terrorist attack in which over seventy people were killed. 22 July looks at the disaster itself, the survivors, Norway's political system and the lawyers who worked on this horrific case.”

Oct. 10th - The Happy Prince (Limited) – Drama with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Emily Watson and Tom Wilkinson

Oct. 12th - I Still See You (Limited) – Thriller with Bella Thorne, Dermot Mulroney and Hugh Dillon [Flash Point]

Oct. 12th - All Square (Limited) – Drama with Michael Kelly [House of Cards], Josh Lucas, Tom Everett Scott and Yeardley Smith

Oct. 12th – Apostle (Limited - Netflix) – Horror mystery thriller with Michael Sheen and Dan Stevens

Oct. 12th - Sadie (Limited) – Drama with Melanie Lynskey, Tony Hale and Danielle Brook [Orange Is The New Black]

Oct. 12th - Stella’s Last Weekend (Limited) – Romantic comedy with Nat Wolff [The Fault In Our Stars], Polly Draper and Alex Wolff [Hereditary]

Oct. 12th - The Kindergarten Teacher (Limited - Netflix) – Drama with Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gael García Bernal

Oct. 12th - After Everything (Limited) – Comedy drama with Marisa Tomei, Dean Winters and Gina Gershon

Oct. 12th - Bigger (Limited) – Drama with Julianne Hough, Robert Forster, Colton Haynes, Steve Guttenberg and Tyler Hoechlin

Oct. 10th - Liyana (Limited) – Animated documentary. From imdb.com: “Five children in Swaziland dive into their imaginations to create an original African tale about a girl on a dangerous quest.”

Oct. 12th - Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer (Limited) – Drama with Dean Cain and Janine Turner

Oct. 12th - Kinky (Limited) – Romantic drama with a new cast & Vivica A. Fox. From imdb.com: “A talented, shy, single doctor balances work, religion, love and BDSM.”

Oct. 12th - In Echo Park (Limited) – Crime drama with a new cast. From imdb.com: “The lives of a street punk, a millennial couple, and a Salvadoran teenager being recruited by a local gang collide, forming an interlocking story of class and identity in Echo Park, Los Angeles.”

Oct. 12th - Jane and Emma (Limited) – Drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “Two women. One white. The other black. Society mandated they be enemies. The gospel of Jesus Christ required they be friends.”

Oct. 12th - MFKZ (Limited) – Animated action comedy from France. From imdb.com: “Angelino is just one of thousands of deadbeats living in Dark Meat City. But an otherwise unremarkable scooter accident caused by a beautiful, mysterious stranger is about to transform his life...into a waking nightmare!”

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Saw the German movie 'North Face' (2008). Very good adventure/suspense movie about mountain climbers who tried to make it to the summit of the Eiger in the Swiss Alps. A bit slow in parts, but a very interesting movie based on a true story that took place in 1936. They fictionalized it a bit by introducing a love story. The main story is about the mountain and a pair of climbers.

Interestingly, during my recent visit to Northern India I visited the mountaineering institute where they have a museum showing the clothes and equipment used by Everest climbers Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing. Prior to that I knew nothing about mountain climbing. The visit to that museum helped me understand this movie better.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Trailers For Movies Released 2018-10-12th
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuI4-fSHhipT_ePCHzvxteDm032ns13h3

Oct. 12th - First Man (Wide) – Drama with Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Ciarán Hinds and Kyle Chandler

Oct. 12th - Goosebumps: Haunted Halloween (Wide) – Family adventure comedy with Jack Black, Ken Jeong and Chris Parnell

Oct. 12th - Bad Times at the El Royale (Wide) – Mystery thriller with Dakota Johnson, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Nick Offerman and Jeff Bridges

Oct. 12th - Beautiful Boy (Limited) – Drama with Steve Carell, Timothée Chalamet, Maura Tierney and Amy Ryan

Oct. 12th - The Oath (Limited) – Action comedy thriller with Ike Barinholz, Billy Magnussen, Tiffany Haddish, Max Greenfield, Nora Dunn and John Cho

Oct. 10th - 22 July (Oscar Qualifying Run - Netflix) – Crime drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “A three-part story of Norway's worst terrorist attack in which over seventy people were killed. 22 July looks at the disaster itself, the survivors, Norway's political system and the lawyers who worked on this horrific case.”

Oct. 10th - The Happy Prince (Limited) – Drama with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Emily Watson and Tom Wilkinson

Oct. 12th - I Still See You (Limited) – Thriller with Bella Thorne, Dermot Mulroney and Hugh Dillon [Flash Point]

Oct. 12th - All Square (Limited) – Drama with Michael Kelly [House of Cards], Josh Lucas, Tom Everett Scott and Yeardley Smith

Oct. 12th – Apostle (Limited - Netflix) – Horror mystery thriller with Michael Sheen and Dan Stevens

Oct. 12th - Sadie (Limited) – Drama with Melanie Lynskey, Tony Hale and Danielle Brook [Orange Is The New Black]

Oct. 12th - Stella’s Last Weekend (Limited) – Romantic comedy with Nat Wolff [The Fault In Our Stars], Polly Draper and Alex Wolff [Hereditary]

Oct. 12th - The Kindergarten Teacher (Limited - Netflix) – Drama with Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gael García Bernal

Oct. 12th - After Everything (Limited) – Comedy drama with Marisa Tomei, Dean Winters and Gina Gershon

Oct. 12th - Bigger (Limited) – Drama with Julianne Hough, Robert Forster, Colton Haynes, Steve Guttenberg and Tyler Hoechlin

Oct. 10th - Liyana (Limited) – Animated documentary. From imdb.com: “Five children in Swaziland dive into their imaginations to create an original African tale about a girl on a dangerous quest.”

Oct. 12th - Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer (Limited) – Drama with Dean Cain and Janine Turner

Oct. 12th - Kinky (Limited) – Romantic drama with a new cast & Vivica A. Fox. From imdb.com: “A talented, shy, single doctor balances work, religion, love and BDSM.”

Oct. 12th - In Echo Park (Limited) – Crime drama with a new cast. From imdb.com: “The lives of a street punk, a millennial couple, and a Salvadoran teenager being recruited by a local gang collide, forming an interlocking story of class and identity in Echo Park, Los Angeles.”

Oct. 12th - Jane and Emma (Limited) – Drama, new cast. From imdb.com: “Two women. One white. The other black. Society mandated they be enemies. The gospel of Jesus Christ required they be friends.”

Oct. 12th - MFKZ (Limited) – Animated action comedy from France. From imdb.com: “Angelino is just one of thousands of deadbeats living in Dark Meat City. But an otherwise unremarkable scooter accident caused by a beautiful, mysterious stranger is about to transform his life...into a waking nightmare!”

I plan to see 'First man' (I love movies about space travel) and 'Beautiful Boy'. I believe 'The old man and the gun' and 'The hate u give' are also going to be released this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information