From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Pics from junior test skates
Pairs: http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3786-kontrolnye-prokaty-yuniory-pary-fotoreportazh.html

List of participants:
Amina Atakhanova/Nikita Volodin, Ksenia Akhantieva/Valery Kolosov, Stanislava Vislobokova/Alexei Brukhanov, Daria Kvartalova/Alexei Svyatchenko, Polina Kostyukovich/Dmitri Yalin, Nadezhda Labazina/Nikita Rachmanin, Anastasia Melnikova/Maksim Selkin, Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Gallyamov, Appolinaria Panfilova/Dmitri Rylov, Alina Pepeleva/Roman Pleshkov, Anastasia Poluyanova/Dmitri Sopot

As far as I know, Amina/Nikita showed only their SP, as she injured her knee

Last edited:

Ka3sha

I thought her basics looked a little improved here, but it’s always so difficult to tell on video, especially with the lighting.
I was unpleasantly surprised with her basics back at Nationals, even in comparison with other Russian girls.

It will be for sure interesting to see her and others at the test skates in September :)

Tinami Amori

Maria Sotskova has been admitted as a full time student to ГИТИС University (Russian Academy of Theatre Arts) to Performance/Ballet Choreography Department. This is not a "remote study" University, and requires a full-time attendance (the article does not say if she is attending this year or next year).
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1065802343.html

Earlier in May of this year, Maria stated her intentions to apply and to pass the entry exams, but was not sure how to combine studies with skating, given that this University is full-time and will not allow skipping lectures and delaying exams. https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1063175576.html

Но в ГИТИСе есть отделение, где учат на балетмейстера-хореографа. Попробую туда. Единственное условие, что если поступлю, придется посещать много занятий. Пока еще не знаю, получится ли совмещать учебу со спортивным графиком, потому что в моем случае спортсменам поблажек делать не будут.

D

Deleted member 53443

Quelle surprise. Alina has developed into a stunning young woman (as if no one saw that coming). I like this program, not in love, but she looks happy (and fed, in all the best ways). I was so happy for her OGM. She achieved her dream. Now her skating is for her. Do I think she will be competitive when all the juniors come up? Probably not. But I will enjoy her skating.

I was going to write something but you said everything I wanted to write. Gorgeous young woman now who is enjoying skating for her.

ChiquitaBanana

Quelle surprise. Alina has developed into a stunning young woman (as if no one saw that coming). I like this program, not in love, but she looks happy (and fed, in all the best ways). I was so happy for her OGM. She achieved her dream. Now her skating is for her. Do I think she will be competitive when all the juniors come up? Probably not. But I will enjoy her skating.

She doesn't look fed enough in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5428YjMyCs Thinner than last season...

whiteskates

I don't understand why the weight discussion starts as soon as there's a new pic or youtube clip up. Zagitova is not underweight for her age. She looks perfectly normal and if she were malnourished she would not have accomplished what she has.

zoe111

She doesn't look fed enough in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5428YjMyCs Thinner than last season...
Looking at the skating video, I wouldn’t have said so. I was about to comment that she’s definitely curvier than just 6 months ago. She really does have bad posture and skating skills though. Interesting that to me anyway it’s much more noticeable out of the tutus.

ChiquitaBanana

I don't understand why the weight discussion starts as soon as there's a new pic or youtube clip up. Zagitova is not underweight for her age. She looks perfectly normal and if she were malnourished she would not have accomplished what she has.

Zagitova apart, there are a lot of skaters with eating disorders who have won international Medals. Think Lipnitskaia?

Tinami Amori

:EVILLE: it is only a post Olympics Canadian "Zag and Med Derangement Syndrome".. Some say Zag is getting too thin...
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl7ja3ljaEX/?hl=en&taken-by=teamzagitova

While some "insiders at the Toronto CC" are saying Med is looking bigger and now lives on some weird japanese enzyme drinks and watermelons... https://pp.userapi.com/c845522/v845522320/ad695/fEmU8uEek1I.jpg

They both look pretty normal to me and obviously to their corporate sponsors also..:rollin:

hanca

Values her privacy
Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Zagitova's 2a entrance (back charlotte on her left foot, then the old Midori Ito "I'm doing a lutz - no wait - it's a 2a!") is super impressive, but it also highlights the extreme lack speed and amplitude.

Tinami Amori

Two ex-Tutberidze’s skaters, that’s good. At least Shelepen would understand what Panenkova went through as she experienced it herself.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Shelepen returned to the rink this spring (with flowers...:encore:), hugged with Tutberidze, and said she made lots of mistakes which she only realized years later... And then gave few interviews about it and posted some comments in her IG... here is a short version of one that was easy to find.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1062578628.html

Все мы делаем ошибки, все мы люди. Но нужно уметь их признавать и желательно в моем случае не затягивать с этим. We all make mistakes. But it is important to admit them and in my case, the sooner the better.

.... well, and then this "Happy Birthday, former coach and a wonderful person Eteri" in Feb...... :D
https://vk.com/polina_shelepen1995?w=wall-105395312_1564/all

hanca

Values her privacy
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Shelepen returned to the rink this spring (with flowers...:encore:), hugged with Tutberidze, and said she made lots of mistakes which she only realized years later... And then gave few interviews about it and posted some comments in her IG... here is a short version of one that was easy to find.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1062578628.html
.... well, and then this "Happy Birthday, former coach and a wonderful person Eteri" in Feb...... :D
https://vk.com/polina_shelepen1995?w=wall-105395312_1564/all
Well, and what do you expect she should have done? She needed a job. From some reason she got the job at the rink when she used to skate. So of course she would try hard to build the bridges. She couldn’t come there and start causing any bad atmosphere through a bad relationship with her ex coach, otherwise they would get rid of her pretty soon. So the best thing to do was to smooth the relationship, no matter what she really thing about Tutberidze privately. Also, it is six years since she left Tutberidze. Six years is too long to hold the grudges.

Tinami Amori

Well, and what do you expect she should have done? She needed a job. From some reason she got the job at the rink when she used to skate. So of course she would try hard to build the bridges. She couldn’t come there and start causing any bad atmosphere through a bad relationship with her ex coach, otherwise they would get rid of her pretty soon. So the best thing to do was to smooth the relationship, no matter what she really thing about Tutberidze privately. Also, it is six years since she left Tutberidze. Six years is too long to hold the grudges.
:D Tutberidze does not decide who works at the Sambo-70 Club, which has more than one rink..... :lol:..... Shelepen only needed management's approval and Tzareva's ok.... because she wanted to work with Tzareva and Pogo, they are friends ... that's all..... https://vk.com/polina_shelepen1995?z=photo372019136_456239335/wall-105395312_1613 ... you see, for practically EVERY stupid story and a fake twist about Tutberidze.... there is a real story.

Ka3sha

Junior ladies and men showed their SPs at the junior test skates today.

Ladies:
Trusova, Scherbakova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova, Gulyakova, Tarusina, Kanysheva, Sinitsina, Kostyuk, Moroz, Vasilieva, Chistyakova

According to the reports, Tarakanova has a really nice tango SP. Plushy was there with her.
Trusova and Scherbakova have the same jump lay-out: 2a, 3F, 3Lz-3Lo
Kostornaia: 2a, 3F, 3Lz-3T. Hideous music cuts and weird sound effects (Daniil :angryfire ) in her new SP.

Gubanova should have been there according to the CSKA website, but she wasn’t.

Men:
Kovalev, Gumennik, Polyansky, Rukhin, Vetlugin, Yakovlev, Mozalev, Murashov, Savosin, Yablokov, Semenenko.

According to the records, only Mozalev, Rukhin and Gumennik were clean. Most of the boys tried 3 axels.
There were rumors that Arthur Danielyan is injured, no information about Makar Ignatov

Stephanie

Junior ladies and men showed their SPs at the junior test skates today.

Ladies:
Trusova, Scherbakova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova, Gulyakova, Tarusina, Kanysheva, Sinitsina, Kostyuk, Moroz, Vasilieva, Chistyakova

Men:
Kovalev, Gumennik, Polyansky, Rukhin, Vetlugin, Yakovlev, Mozalev, Murashov, Savosin, Yablokov, Semenenko.

According to the records, only Mozalev, Rukhin and Gumennik were clean. Most of the boys tried 3 axels.
There were rumors that Arthur Danielyan is injured, no information about Makar Ignatov

No Gubanova even though she's on the entry list for Austria? Maybe they've decided to switch her to seniors and give her the CoR host spot?

Ka3sha

No Gubanova even though she's on the entry list for Austria? Maybe they've decided to switch her to seniors and give her the CoR host spot?
Edited the post, as I pressed the ‘post’ buttom too early :)
She has already been listed in the JGP entires, so she can’t get that CoR host pick

Last edited:

Stephanie

Edited the post, as I pressed the ‘post’ buttom to early :)
She has already been listed in the JGP entires, so she can’t get that CoR host pick

Thank you :)

Although I thought, maybe kwanfan or someone else can confirm, that only competing (or at least showing up and participating in the draw) in a JGP prevented an athlete from competing in the senior GP, not merely being listed in the initial entries. I remember Biryukova initially being entered in the JGP and then being switched to seniors but this was a long time ago so the rules could have changed since then.

hanca

Values her privacy
But there is already 12 ladies, so either she was not invited, or they must have known she was not coming and replaced her. They usually don’t invite more than 12 skaters in singles.

SamuraiK

Perhaps it was strategy? Why risking direct comparison to the jump wonderbabies and giving second thoughts to fed about her initial JGP assignments?.

Ka3sha

From junior test skates:

Panova's students
Ksenia Sinitsina: 3s, 3f, 2a, 2а, 3lz3lo, 3lz3t, 3s2t2lo
Anastasia Kostyuk: 3lz3t, 3f, 2а, 3lo2t, 2а3t, 3lz fall, 3s
Aliona Kanysheva: 2а, 3lz3t, 2а, 3lo, 3lz-o-3s,3f2t, 3f; very interesting program - Snegurochka/The Snow Maiden by Tchaikovsky

Anastasia Tarakanova: 3lz-o-3s, 3lo, 2а, 2а, 3f fall, 3lz fall, 3f<
Anna Tarusina: user on russian board missed her first half, then 2а2t2lo, 3s, 3lo3t, 3lz, 3f.
Viktoria Vasilieva: 2а, 3lz3t, 3f, 3s, 3lz, 2а-o-3f bad landing, 3lo2t
Sofia Moroz: 3s, 2а, 2а, 3f, 3lz3t, 3lz-o-3s, 3lo-2t
Anastasia Gulyakova: 2а, 3lz3t, 2lo, 3f2t, 3lz, 2a-o-3s fall, 3f

Aleksandra Trusova: 4lz, 4t-3t, 4t hand, 2a, 3lz3lo, 3lz-o-3s, 3f
Aliona Kostornaia: 2а, 3lo, 3lz2t2t, 2а, 3f3t, 3s3t, 3f
Anna Scherbakova: 4lz<(<<) fall, 3f, 2a3t, 3s, 3lz, 1t, 3f1t, 3lz3lo2lo

Last edited:

feraina

From junior test skates:

Panova's students
Ksenia Sinitsina: 3s, 3f, 2a, 2а, 3lz3lo, 3lz3t, 3s2t2lo
Anastasia Kostyuk: 3lz3t, 3f, 2а, 3lo2t, 2а3t, 3lz fall, 3s
Alina Kanysheva: 2а, 3lz3t, 2а, 3lo, 3lz-o-3s,3f2t, 3f; very interesting program - Snegurochka/The Snow Maiden by Tchaikovsky

Anastasia Tarakanova: 3lz-o-3s, 3lo, 2а, 2а, 3f fall, 3lz fall, 3f<
Anna Tarusina: user on russian board missed her first half, then 2а2t2lo, 3s, 3lo3t, 3lz, 3f.
Viktoria Vasilieva: 2а, 3lz3t, 3f, 3s, 3lz, 2а-o-3f bad landing, 3lo2t
Sofia Moroz: 3s, 2а, 2а, 3f, 3lz3t, 3lz-o-3s, 3lo-2t
Anastasia Gulyakova: 2а, 3lz3t, 2lo, 3f2t, 3lz, 2a-o-3s fall, 3f

Aleksandra Trusova: 4lz, 4t-3t, 4t hand, 2a, 3lz3lo, 3lz-o-3s, 3f

Wait. I thought repeating a quad wasn’t allowed anymore? Or maybe it doesn’t apply to juniors?? Or have I gone crazy and totally misremembered the rule changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information