German Skating News - Part 3

nimi

re: this...
Bruno did not pass the oral German exam for his citizanship twice now.

...there was this:
According to this article (which was about S/M are going to start at Nebelhorn) Bruno failed the written exam for getting citizenship and has to do it again.
He passed the oral exam though.

http://www.mittelbayerische.de/baye...ot-bei-nebelhorn-trophy-21705-art1533871.html
...that was posted in June.

So... Is the written exam the one he's now failed twice? Will there be a third chance? Will it be the last? How do these things work????? :COP::confused:

lizafan

The exam he has to do is most likely the "Zertifikat Deutsch" Level B1 (Intermediate).
It consists of three written parts (Reading, Writing, Listening -- usually done together) and one oral part. For each part you can get up to 100 points, from 60 points on the part is considered passed. You have to pass all four parts in order to get the certificate. You may repeat any of the four parts separately as often as needed.
That's what I know about this certificate.

sus2850

Bruno did speak German quite nicely at the media seminar right now. I do not believe he would fail an oral exam. We were told the citizenship issue is well on its way.

Last edited:

sus2850

Other tidbits:
Concerning an earlier discussion about raised minimums for skaters: The DOSB set a new maximum of skaters for the A to D envelopes, it is 65 skaters total which they, the DEU, managed to meet this season.
There will also be an evaluation of the 5 Bundesstützpunkte next spring. For all sports together only 160 seem to be able to remain, now there are over 200 in existence. This is also a demand of the financing bodies, ie the ministry of the interior/DOSB.

text_skate

Quadjump

"Savchenko/Massot: Tanzpaar will Olympia-Platz" :eek: (Savchenko/Massot: Dance team wants Olympic spot) priceless headline, German press at it's best headline making – please headline makers take a minute and read the text you're headlining.
BTW I like the implication Aliona and Bruno are a Dance Pair :D

http://www.t-online.de/regionales/id_82310872/savchenko-massot-tanzpaar-will-olympia-platz.html
https://www.welt.de/regionales/bayern/article169078465/Tanzpaar-will-Olympia-Platz.html
This article is about L/P too. The headline is totally mixed up.

nimi

This article is about L/P too. The headline is totally mixed up.
Yeah, why : instead of comma? (Had the headline been "Savchenko/Massot, Tanzpaar will Olympia-Platz" it would've been better, right? Or should the verb be "wollen"?)
Oh, you editors, always giving grief to us skating fans... :drama:

Xela M

I don't get why Germany can't make an exception with Bruno's citizenship?! Seems crazy

sus2850

Ok, olympic qualification:

A skater/pair has to achieve the following points to qualify. Deadline is December 10:
Men: 208
Women: 150
Dance:137
1st pair: medal at GP/GPF
2nd pair: 157

These sums are decided together with the DOSB, and relate to 14th place at worlds 2016/17.

The norms had to be discussed with lots of boards, so they could not be published publically up until now but the skaters have been informed in time.

Source: DEU-vice president Elke Treitz

Last edited:

Dobre

In Germany I mean, who got easy citizenship?

Germany used to be one of the quickest countries for athletes to gain citizenship. I remember this being one of the topics of discussion in gymnastics after the Soviet breakup. But that was before 9/11, and a lot of countries have changed their policies within that time frame.

Quadjump

Germany used to be one of the quickest countries for athletes to gain citizenship. I remember this being one of the topics of discussion in gymnastics after the Soviet breakup. But that was before 9/11, and a lot of countries have changed their policies within that time frame.
You just have to think of turkey and bahrain or qatar.

African runners get the citizenship for those countries faster than you apply for a new German passport. Okay, Germany is not turkey. But a least they are good enough to shoot with our guns.

Xela M

No, I don't. But as they do everything for football they might...

And a good chunk of the German national football team are foreign born :p (nothing wrong with that - love German football, but it seems crazy not to grant citizenship to such a top OGM-contender!)

figureskatingforlife

Ranking:
3 best events count
Each skater is doing 3 challengers
In addition Nationals can count
And GP can count

I like that the GP counts too. Neither Schott or L/P should be punished for "getting" a GP.
Happy to hear that Bruno speaks well German. I don't worry about his citizenship... it will for sure work out. Wish we could have already some footage of their skating.
Good to see that L/P seem to be training well... anyone saw them already?

text_skate

And a good chunk of the German national football team are foreign born :p (nothing wrong with that - love German football, but it seems crazy not to grant citizenship to such a top OGM-contender!)
I couldn't resist, again off-topic, but interesting interactive map (2016: teams Euros)
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...sind-die-nationalteams-wirklich-14268702.html
According to this just Lukas Podolski (born abroad, raised in Germany) It's 2016 team. Probably we should move this elsewhere...

sandra_persch

Do we know who the German Fed is entering into Cup of Nice?
Cant wait how the Novice ladies that are moving up will fare internationally in the Junior ranks :EVILLE:

J

Jeschke

Do we know who the German Fed is entering into Cup of Nice?
Sorry, I can be only of help with the seniors.
Bock Schott and Streubel are scheduled to go.
But don't know if Schotts schedule remains the same now she got CoR.

J

Jeschke

Ranking:
3 best events count
Each skater is doing 3 challengers
In addition Nationals can count
And GP can count
I like that the GP counts too. Neither Schott or L/P should be punished for "getting" a GP.
I am ensure if it's comlpletely fair for the others but maybe you can see it as some kind of reward/bonus for a good season.
Either way, having a GP puts pressure on your challenegr schedule. I am curious to see if Schott skates Minsk as scheduled the week after CoR.

Limits must be achieved in challengers or does every random serious b-competitions for that? :p

lizafan

Ok, olympic qualification:
A skater/pair has to achieve the following points to qualify. Deadline is December 10:

But aren't the nationals after December 10?
Or is this the deadline only for reaching the standard, and points for the ranking may be achieved still after that?

sus2850

But aren't the nationals after December 10?
Or is this the deadline only for reaching the standard, and points for the ranking may be achieved still after that?

Yes, nationals do not count for achieving the norm points, but can be used for the ranking in case the norm is met before

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information