German Skating News - Part 3

J

Jeschke

Now after junior nationals, do we have confirmation, who got the junior worlds spots?

J

Jeschke

Herceg sits in 7th at Skate Helena after the short with 40,71pts :shuffle:
Hocke was removed.
Better of practicing with Blommaert? :drama:

J

Jeschke

Congrats to Aliona/Bruno! :encore:

The physiotherpaists in Oberstdorf must have done un incredible job to get her here!

Hope it worked the same way for the Schott and she has the stamina to go through the free and holds on to that 2nd spot :drama:
Slay german chicks , slay!

J

Jeschke

excerpt of post-free-skate-interview with hase/seegert:
'(On next plans) I have no clue about Worlds. Our next competition are the Bavarian Open. Unfortunately , there are not so many competitions for pairs in the second half of the season except for Championships.'
(source: http://isu.informz.net/ISU/data/images/Pairs_Free_Quick_Quotes_1.pdf)

german fed does not dare to leave them at home for the 2nd time, do they? :drama:

Sabine-Yuna

'(On next plans) I have no clue about Worlds. Our next competition are the Bavarian Open. Unfortunately , there are not so many competitions for pairs in the second half of the season except for Championships.'

german fed does not dare to leave them at home for the 2nd time, do they? :drama:
If it would help to earn a third spot for the Olympics Haase Seegert would probably like zu stay at home, because it is not sure that Vartmann or Blommaert are out of the game. With potentially new partners they could both be better than Haase Seegert, who are really boring. I can't see much of a development in them. So hopefully Mari ans Ruben give their best to be back soon with someone else.

J

Jeschke

If it would help to earn a third spot for the Olympics Haase Seegert would probably like zu stay at home
i totally do not agree, sorry.
h/s likely won't make it into the free, which would end up in the same scenario, as if they would have stayed at home. so this is no argument for me.
s/m on the other side have to end up 1st or 2nd to secure the 2 spots which is not a given either, there are at least 5 almost equal pairs (goodness, i am counting da meagan in :D ) for the medals.
so the only 'horror' scenario would be h/s making it into the free and therefore the 'not secured' 3rd spot is gone.
(but let's face it: in that scenario they totally deserve to be there. it's not like we would have had a chance with v/b for 3 spots)

because it is not sure that Vartmann or Blommaert are out of the game. With potentially new partners they could both be better than Haase Seegert, who are really boring. I can't see much of a development in them. So hopefully Mari ans Ruben give their best to be back soon with someone else.
i like to see both back too, but i try to remain realistic;
maris chance for making the olympics are down to 5%? i cannot think of any german guy out there besides hocker-scholler, who is so not her level and retired 2 years ago :shuffle:
can she beg vin diesel for a thousand pardons? :drama:
blommaert maybe has the better chances regarding the german chicks, but it's not a given either. i don't know how much german fed might be behind the new pair regarding his personal splits of prölls and vartmann.

overall regarding the development of h/s i do agree. they seem to be the same the last few seasons, she is a performer, he is kinda stiff. their pair elements became better, but imho, they need a new input.

after all, it will be interesting to see what the next season brings.
either way.
#teammari :glamor:

J

Jeschke

btw a big shoutout to schott for holding on to that 2nd spot.
it was a deep field yesterday and after that rough start, i feared the worst.

regarding her injury, that maybe was more than we could expect.
good girl :respec:

hope weinzierl will get some redemption at universiade, the judges really went for her at euros, great pcs though 1st group and you have to admit, even with big mistakes she scores really really high:respec:

2 spots, olympic showdown can come next season :watch:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
He had to give up US and Canadian citizenship to get German citizenship. Did he keep it after the split, or did he apply to get one or both of his citizenships reinstated and renounce his German citizenship?

regarding his personal splits of prölls and vartmann.
How could the German Fed blame him for Prolss, when they were no longer physically matched?

J

Jeschke

He had to give up US and Canadian citizenship to get German citizenship. Did he keep it after the split, or did he apply to get one or both of his citizenships reinstated and renounce his German citizenship?
no clue, sorry.

How could the German Fed blame him for Prolss, when they were no longer physically matched?
was prolss too tall too or got her body just more feminine? too tall, i agree with you, the 2nd thing you could try to hold on a bit longer. it was mid-season split before nationals iirc in the first 'downhill'-season of them. and it's not like he has stood out as the strong partner who easily throws or lifts the girls... :shuffle:

S

SmallFairy

maris chance for making the olympics are down to 5%? i cannot think of any german guy out there besides hocker-scholler, who is so not her level and retired 2 years ago :shuffle:

Hocker-Scholler? Really?? Mari should beg him for a comeback for his kick-ass name alone. Team Germany:cheer:

Sabine-Yuna

i totally do not agree, sorry.
h/s likely won't make it into the free, which would end up in the same scenario, as if they would have stayed at home. so this is no argument for me.
s/m on the other side have to end up 1st or 2nd to secure the 2 spots which is not a given either, there are at least 5 almost equal pairs (goodness, i am counting da meagan in :D ) for the medals.
so the only 'horror' scenario would be h/s making it into the free and therefore the 'not secured' 3rd spot is gone.
(but let's face it: in that scenario they totally deserve to be there. it's not like we would have had a chance with v/b for 3 spots)

blommaert maybe has the better chances regarding the german chicks, but it's not a given either. i don't know how much german fed might be behind the new pair regarding his personal splits of prölls and vartmann.

overall regarding the development of h/s i do agree. they seem to be the same the last few seasons, she is a performer, he is kinda stiff. their pair elements became better, but imho, they need a new input.

after all, it will be interesting to see what the next season brings.
either way.
I don't think a federation should send someone to Worlds because there is noone else to go, which would be the case if they would send H/S. And I don't think you can just blame him for everything. I can't find her performance qualities in their programs.
I just hope H/S will not be the future of German Pairs after S/M.

J

Jeschke

I don't think a federation should send someone to Worlds because there is noone else to go, which would be the case if they would send H/S. And I don't think you can just blame him for everything. I can't find her performance qualities in their programs.
I just hope H/S will not be the future of German Pairs after S/M.
they got the worlds minimum and deserved their spot. so what is your point in them staying at home?

J

Jeschke

Gutsy skate from Paul Fentz today. 8th in FS. This gives hope :40beers: (particularly for certain nerves). Finally another German male skater came through. I'm very happy for him. So next year two spots :encore:

a big shoutout to paul!
big balls, he did fight for everything and really got that 2nd spot back in a tough field!

love how he answered the pressure by german fed to come in 10th to make it to worlds!
this is how you give an answer paul!

well done! great!:respec:

text_skate

love how he answered the pressure by german fed to come in 10th to make it to worlds!
this is how you give an answer paul!

well done! great!:respec:

All the better :cheer2:I missed that bit.

What a fed?! Really. 10th wasn't exactly in his reach without a little help from others, because his PCS aren't high, probably due to being somehow German # two-ish.

So there will be no skate-off between Peter, Paul and ä-hm Mary? :D

J

Jeschke

So there will be no skate-off between Peter, Paul and ä-hm Mary? :D

it's german fed, you never know :D
but according to their own rules, no!

(and in the end you see them arguing: look, our little pressure did help; paul find hidden strengths and lived up to his potential due to this pressure!') :D

Sabine-Yuna

Great scoring for Herceg at Universiade in Almaty. More than 53 points for her SP that included 3t+2t, 2a and a fall at the 3Lo. It seems that it is a lot of fun skating there. Cheap seats for the audience means a huge crowd cheering. That's how it works.

J

Jeschke

seriously, can we get herceg a new coach (and some work ethic :EVILLE: )?
too much potential to be wasted.

she really scores well at internationals this season!
Slay Herceg!

Sabine-Yuna

seriously, can we get herceg a new coach (and some work ethic :EVILLE: )?
too much potential to be wasted.

she really scores well at internationals this season!
Slay Herceg!
That's true. Too much potential on her has been wasted. She has done 3t+3t before, but not anymore. She is concentrating on university now. So I don't think we can count on her for the future :(

J

Jeschke

German dance battle goes on :respec:
Universiade updates:

K/N sit in 3rd ater the SD with 62.32, M/D 4th with 61.32 :watch:

U/S sit in 9th (49,54); he splatted in a transitions exxactly before the twizzles.

They got butchered in pcs!
I liked them the most of all 3 teams!

text_skate

German dance battle goes on :respec:
Universiade updates:

K/N sit in 3rd ater the SD with 62.32, M/D 4th with 61.32 :watch:

U/S sit in 9th (49,54); he splatted in a transitions exxactly before the twizzles.

They got butchered in pcs!
I liked them the most of all 3 teams!

I like both teams equally :).

FS will be interesting, because M/D got an advantage in PCS and GOE over K/N. The difference is just about one point. :40beers:

Sylvia

TBD
Current 2016-17 teams selection criteria document: http://www.eislauf-union.de/files/Nominierungskriterien-internationale-Meisterschaften-2016-2017.pdf
Linked from: http://www.eislauf-union.de/nationalmannschaft/nominierung

Is there something in the published criteria that would prevent Hase/Seegert (for the second time) from being sent to Worlds despite having the minimums?

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Is there something in the published criteria that would prevent Hase/Seegert (for the second time) from being sent to Worlds despite having the minimums?
Point 6) In special circumstances German Fed can make decisions not refering to the rules mentioned above!

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
We usually interpret that to mean Savchenko + partner can compete if they don't skate Nationals, but they could decide to only give one spot to S/M, to see if they can earn three.

What did the German Olympic Committee set for standards for Sochi, separate from meeting ISU standards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information