New Amazing Race! Hopefully with stubborn animals!

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Is one required to have long blonde hair to be on this show now? Good Lord. So many generic attractive blondes. :glamor:

No obvious weak teams. This should be interesting.

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
So excited to have TAR back on my TV! :cheer:
and not just because it's a good excuse to not watch the Phillies...

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Fight! Awesome. I don't see any "let's be friends and help each other out" this season. They were physically shoving each other out of the way. :cheer2:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
The boy soul surfer seems sort of like a doofus. Kind of a big lug. But he really seems to love his wife and is very sweet. But still a doofus.

And I really like Te Jay and his partner, but they didn't read the directions, did they?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I missed some of the introduction and didn't realize soulsurfer was really Bethany Hamilton! She's amazing, but wow, some of the challenges may really be a challenge for her. She is my official favorite. Go surfer girl!

I hate the dentists. I really hate they got the save.

Don't get in the way of the fire fighters :yikes: They'll take you down. I hope they'll get the dentists.

Last edited:

smurfy

I did not see this thread - I am tired - and started a thread.
Can an Admin please delete my thread??

Lilia A

I don't have a favourite team yet, but so far I don't completely hate anyone (this is a first). I thought for sure I'd get a Lori&Bolo vibe from the wrestlers, but I actually kinda like them.
Miss "the sun sets east" and her partner shouldn't have assumed they were guaranteed to win a footrace against the fire fighters, especially since it involved a cab race too.

BaileyCatts

Saw the other thread first .... oh well, copying my post from there. :p

Did the realtor girls really take the pen out of the firefighters hand - if so - glad they are gone.

Yes, they did. The Fire Fighter guy had the pen in his hand and she grabbed the pen out of his hand and put their names down on that line. I think he had even started writing on the line ... have to watch back again to make sure, but it looked like he had already started writing their names.

Once the introductions were done, I already hated the Realtor Girls. That action just made me hate them more. And then they go and cry about how other people play rough when the Fire Fighters did the same thing to them with the cab?! That's usually the way with those pretty little princess types in life I hate so much .... they whine and cry when things are done to them, but its all okay when they do it to others and they don't even see how THEIR actions were wrong! Ssssooooo glad they are first out!!! Bu-bye beyoths!!

Didn't really like the Dentists after the intros either. But they are in for the long haul with that "Save" thing, so I guess that will be my team to root against now. :lol:

Don't really have any favs picked out yet. I have no recollection of either of the Survivor people and wouldn't have known they were on it if they didn't tell us.

That task had to be done very exact using that compass once they showed us how close those chests were to where the last three Teams were digging. But I think once I got knee deep in sand I would think 'this can't be right' and move to another spot. I would have lost my patience big time on that one.

I totally missed the "Hi Phil" comment! :lol: I'll have to go back and watch for that.

Last edited:

skatemomaz

Resist
It looked to me like the firefighter had started writing their names on the board and realtor wrote right over it. I didn't have a problem with him pushing her back, especially since the other firefighter was already in the cab. Male dentist looks like a serial killer.

Spareoom

With the sand challenge, the chests weren't buried very deep, were they? If I had a rough idea of where the chest was but didn't have the exact spot, I'd draw a radius circle and start poking around. I can't imagine it would take super long to check maybe 1ft down in a semi-large area, as opposed to digging deep, going back, digging deep, going back.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
The dentists gave me weird vibes as well, so I knew they would win the Save.

Loved the "Hi Phil" moment.

The last 3 teams must not have realized how shallow the chests were buried (not too observant if they'd looked at the successful teams' holes), cause they kept digging really deep.

Glad generic blonde realtors are gone. They didn't add much to the competition.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Just watching the episode I recorded last night. The dentists are a bit annoying for some reason, but I give him credit for helping other teams with the compass directions. He struck me as uber-competitive and I wouldn't have been expected that of him. So happy the realtors are gone. Clearly my least favorite after that pen stunt. A number of teams came across as funny which is nice including the flight attendants, college sweethearts, firefighters and the wrestlers. We didn't see much of the scientists, but so far I like them. My favorite line may have been one of the sweethearts yelling "Hello Mr Phil" as they ran along the beach.

To anyone on twitter, Phil was live tweeting the show and I expect he'll do that for most of the shows.

merrywidow

Like many of you I disliked the blonde realtors & their tactics & not impressed by the dentists. For now I'm pulling for Bethany & Adam. I haven't really sorted out the rest so will wait a week or two to make any other decisions.

shan

I'm scared of a few teams including the dentists. :lol: I'm :( that they won the save, but at least he could read the compass and was willing to help others. (which I don't mind as long as they don't all start doing tasks together.)

:cheer2: for the realtors being out, didn't like them from the start.

I'm impressed with Bethany's can do attitude and how she just scrambled up that rock. I hope she is able to do all the tasks.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Enjoy TAR while it's on, Friday's episode only got 5.5 million viewers (Shark Tank had just over 7) and considering that the recent seasons have been over 8 million, this was not at all a good move for CBS. I really can't picture the show being on much longer unless they move it back to Sundays. :(

I did watch after skipping most of last season, and I really enjoyed it. But why does the Express Pass/Save Your Ass Pass always have to go to the most obnoxious teams?

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I don't watch the show, and have no idea what it's about. But this past Thursday, a bunch (maybe 8-10) people with Amazing Race matching t-shirts, also with name tags on, got onto my bus in downtown Chicago. No cameras about, though.

shan

Enjoy TAR while it's on, Friday's episode only got 5.5 million viewers (Shark Tank had just over 7) and considering that the recent seasons have been over 8 million, this was not at all a good move for CBS. I really can't picture the show being on much longer unless they move it back to Sundays. :(

I did watch after skipping most of last season, and I really enjoyed it. But why does the Express Pass/Save Your Ass Pass always have to go to the most obnoxious teams?

I was worried about Friday night being the kiss of death. I guess they moved it to make room for the new Tea Leoni drama which would tie in with The Good Wife? Boo...... Even though I watched the premiere yesterday on CBS.com, my brain is still programmed to think TAR = Sunday night.

PeterG

The dentists are a bit annoying for some reason, but I give him credit for helping other teams with the compass directions. He struck me as uber-competitive and I wouldn't have been expected that of him.

The dentists are my favourite team. I can't remember the last time I saw such a great example of good sportsmanship. PLUS during a leg where winning had a more beneficial outcome to the winning team than in the history of this show. So many teams cheat and/or lie when they could just say "good luck"...or so simply say nothing at all and just keep racing. But the dentists took a little bit of time out of their race to help another team. And after that...they help ANOTHER team. The dentists are such good role models.

elka_sk8

Totally have to give props to Mr. Dentist for helping out the others. But…his tan and her big teased/processed hair just creep me out.

His tan in combination with the freakishly white teeth were a rather creepy! I did like how he stopped to show the others how to use the compass. Only the realtors bugged me so glad they are gone. Bethany's a rock star- hope they go far! Otherwise don't have any favs yet.

I miss TAR on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information