What ISU World Ranking before the Olympics for ice dance?

Escarbille

The last grand prix takes place this weekend.
The final will be held in December, followed by the European and 4CC Championships in January.
Before the games there is also a CS Golden Spin Zagreb, at the same time as the GPF.
With realistic predictions for the remaining competitions (Rostelecom, GPF, Euro), and assuming that no top 10 team will participate in 4CC, we could get the following ranking:
  1. Sinitsina / Katsalapov
  2. Guignard / Fabbri
  3. Chock / Bates
  4. Papadakis / Cizeron
  5. Hubbell / Donohue
  6. Gilles / Poirier
  7. Stepanova / bukin
  8. Fear / Gibson
  9. Hurtado / Khaliavin
  10. Smart / Diaz
  11. Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen
Which could give us the last two groups for the Olympics (there will be only one Spanish couple, which will put the Danadians up to 10th position).
The ranking is tight for 5th place - synonymous with the last group in the Olympic Games - between Hubbell / Donohue and Gilles / Poirier.
Neither of these two teams can earn additional points by participating in the only CS before the games (same date as the GPF).
Everything will be decided during the GPF. For the GPF, my forecast is: P/C - S/K - H/D - C/B - G/F - G/P. But the slightest change in classification between H/D and C/B but also between G/F and G/P can have an impact for these 5th and 6th place in the ranking.

yuna13fr

I really wish this to be true. But the thing is P/C might not skate in the last group at OG, Gabriella recently (during IDF) adress the issue.
Her exact words : "Vu qu’on n’a pas fait de compétition l’année dernière notre ranking n’est pas assez haut et il se pourrait effectivement qu’on ne patine pas dans le dernier groupe de la rythmn dance aux Jeux, mais je ne pense pas que cela soit un problème, c’est comme ça !"

PeterG

"Vu qu’on n’a pas fait de compétition l’année dernière notre ranking n’est pas assez haut et il se pourrait effectivement qu’on ne patine pas dans le dernier groupe de la rythmn dance aux Jeux, mais je ne pense pas que cela soit un problème, c’est comme ça !"

Google translation:

Since we didn't compete last year our ranking isn't high enough and we might not skate in the last dance rhythm group at the Games, but I don't think so. that's a problem, that's how it is!

Orm Irian

Google translation:

Since we didn't compete last year our ranking isn't high enough and we might not skate in the last dance rhythm group at the Games, but I don't think so. that's a problem, that's how it is!
Pretty good for Google! But it got itself tangled up a bit in the penultimate clause. A slightly more accurate translation would be, 'Because we didn't compete last year, our ranking isn't high enough and so it could be that we don't skate in the final Rhythm Dance group at the Games, but I don't think that will be a problem, it's just how it is!"

Escarbille

Very sad news that the cancellation of the GPF :ROFLMAO:...
We will probably not have any competitions before the Olympics allowing us to see the very best teams face to face.
This somewhat modifies my ranking estimates for the Olympics.
Following the Euro, the ranking would be as follows: S/K - G/F - C/B - G/P - P/C - H/D - S/B - F/G - H/K - S/D - FB/S
Only 9 points separate P / C and H / D.
If P / C do not win the Euro (impossible for me :love:) or if H / D participate in 4CC (realistic? For what benefit?), H / D will take 5th place.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
None of the US skaters who make the Olympics will be competing at 4CCs - the USFS has already made that announcement. And I am pretty sure the same is true of the Canadian Olympic team members, so we won't see HubDon, ChoBates, or GilPoir facing off before the Olympic TE. We could still see PapCiz, SinKats, GuiFab, and StepBuk at Euros but it will be interesting to see if SinKats decide to wait facing off against PapCiz until the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information