Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexa

Mariah, Karen in People Magazine. Mariah part started around 0:34 of the video. Karen part right after Mariah

olympic

Meanwhile over at 4CCs in rude Euroland, Shin and Andrews stayed on their feet and rotated jumps in the SP :eek: ! You go girls with your 2012 Caro Kostner jump layout!

ETA - Gaby Izzo reminds me of what Trixi Schuba would look like if she were skating now; all the tech isn't there, but there is some power in her blade work, and she looks like she'd skate through you if you got in the way!

Last edited:

tylersf

I'd like to see a National Level Competition (Intrasquad) for our female skaters so we can give them tough competition practice so that they can improve their skills for global competition. This could be a place where our females can try out their triple axels or quad jumps or work on their skating skills.

Maybe it can be called the "InContinents Figure Skating Championships", versus the international "Four Continents Figure Skating Championships".
Any feedback or ideas on how to make this "so"?

DreamSkates

I'd like to see a National Level Competition (Intrasquad) for our female skaters so we can give them tough competition practice so that they can improve their skills for global competition. This could be a place where our females can try out their triple axels or quad jumps or work on their skating skills.

Maybe it can be called the "InContinents Figure Skating Championships", versus the international "Four Continents Figure Skating Championships".
Any feedback or ideas on how to make this "so"?
Take ideas from Russia. I imagine additional competitions help build mental and physical strength.

giselle23

LOL - that's her Lombardia score which had a lot of non-calls of her URs. Look at her Nebelhorn or GP scores for a more realistic idea of where she's going to place.
Alysa was called on her 3A and her 3T in combo in the long at Lombardia. I went back and watched the short and long and didn't see anything else. Also, there won't be six Russians at the Olympics.

Sylvia

TBD
Audrey Shin had a great 4CC, setting three ISU personal best scores (67.20 SP, 136.66 FS, 203.86 total) to finish 4th overall. She shared some photos on her Instagram (last one is a video of her reaction after her FS scores came up): https://www.instagram.com/p/CZGPJTjoi0j/
Getting to compete at 4CC was such an exciting moment and I’m super happy with how my performances went this week!
It’s crazy to think about how I was considering to withdraw from this event due to food poisoning last week - but I’m SO glad I didn’t.😅
She also tweeted her cute 2011 (age 7 :)) vs. 2022 photos with Daisuke Takahashi: https://twitter.com/AudreyShin4/status/1485237665008173059

Gabriella Izzo finished 8th (180.06 total & 116.87 in FS are new ISU PB scores) and Starr Andrews 9th (173.01 with ISU PB of 66.60 in SP).

Izzo flies back from Tallinn today and will resume her sophomore year at Harvard tomorrow (spring term on campus classes start today).

Last edited:

Marco

Gabriella Izzo finished 8th (180.06 total & 116.87 in FS are new ISU PB scores) and Starr Andrews 9th (173.01 with ISU PB of 66.60 in SP).

Izzo flies back from Tallinn today and will resume her sophomore year at Harvard tomorrow (spring term on campus classes start today).
I thought she is an Olympic alternate?!

saturdaysun

I thought the consensus was Team Event people were leaving a few days earlier and then everyone else on/around the 30th.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Sounds like Alysa for the Team Event, then?

How do you figure that? Four days from now is the 29th, so plenty of time for Mariah to compete in the TE. Given *********, I don’t think any athlete is a sure bet until the day before.

I thought the consensus was Team Event people were leaving a few days earlier and then everyone else on/around the 30th.
TE practices start on 2/1 per the music rotation schedule - https://results.isu.org/schedules/OWG2022_MusicRotation.pdf. We don't know when either Alysa or Karen are leaving yet but Mariah leaving on the 29th would seem to potentially rule her out of the TE - or at least it's cutting it awfully close to get her negative tests back and into the closed loop bubble.

Also - USA and KOR women are in the same practice group. Will we have Worlds 2019 SkateBladeGate 2.0 happen? :rofl:

jiejie

There is supposed to be a single flight for Olympic athletes, chartered on Delta, departing on the 27th from LAX to Beijing with a stop in Incheon, South Korea for refueling/crew change. I don't think there is anything additional going on the 30th. I think any US figure skater planning on skating in the Olympics, is going to be on that charter, regardless of their own personal event schedule. It was always going to be a fact given the circumstances, that some athletes were going to arrive in Beijing far in advance of their scheduled event. Taking into account the Intl Date Line crossing, the charter will arrive in Beijing either on the 28th or 29th, depending on exactly when it departs LAX and how long the layover at ICN is.

carriecmu0503

There is supposed to be a single flight for Olympic athletes, chartered on Delta, departing on the 27th from LAX to Beijing with a stop in Incheon, South Korea for refueling/crew change. I don't think there is anything additional going on the 30th. I think any US figure skater planning on skating in the Olympics, is going to be on that charter, regardless of their own personal event schedule. It was always going to be a fact given the circumstances, that some athletes were going to arrive in Beijing far in advance of their scheduled event. Taking into account the Intl Date Line crossing, the charter will arrive in Beijing either on the 28th or 29th, depending on exactly when it departs LAX and how long the layover at ICN is.
It’s really scary to me that the entire US Olympic team (every athlete for all sports) could be flying to Beijing on one plane. 1961 world figure skating championships team fight, anybody?

Karen-W

I don't think this is correct. There isn't a plane big enough to hold all of the athletes, coaches, support personnel and Team USA officials. Beyond that, a couple of skaters (Jason & Ashley) have explicitly said they aren't leaving until the 30th or 31st.

jiejie

It’s really scary to me that the entire US Olympic team (every athlete for all sports) could be flying to Beijing on one plane. 1961 world figure skating championships team fight, anybody?
Not all the US team will be on this plane. A lot of athletes (i. e. skiers) have been in Europe competing, and will go to Beijing from there. Your overall point is well-taken, though. It is unsettling to have all of these athletes and coaches in one concentrated location.
I don't think this is correct. There isn't a plane big enough to hold all of the athletes, coaches, support personnel and Team USA officials. Beyond that, a couple of skaters (Jason & Ashley) have explicitly said they aren't leaving until the 30th or 31st.
As said above, the plane will only be carrying part of the US delegation. The charter schedule is what I have heard as recently as yesterday. It's possible a stealth second charter has been engaged with some entity other than official sponsor Delta, for anither day. We shall see very shortly....

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Not all the US team will be on this plane. A lot of athletes (i. e. skiers) have been in Europe competing, and will go to Beijing from there. Your overall point is well-taken, though. It is unsettling to have all of these athletes and coaches in one concentrated location.

As said above, the plane will only be carrying part of the US delegation. The charter schedule is what I have heard as recently as yesterday. It's possible a stealth second charter has been engaged with some entity other than official sponsor Delta, for anither day. We shall see very shortly....
LOL, this weekend, we’ll all be needing our own air-traffic control screens, to keep track and report on flights! I’ll stay attuned to FSU to know the tail numbers of the charter planes. There also flightaware.com for the true aviation nerds.

Karen-W

LOL, this weekend, we’ll all be needing our own air-traffic control screens, to keep track and report on flights! I’ll stay attuned to FSU to know the tail numbers of the charter planes. There also flightaware.com for the true aviation nerds.
Truth! Flightware.com is a cool website!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
At least this time we won’t have nosy reporters following skaters onto the planes and reporting from mid flight, like CBS’ Connie Chung did with Tonya on the flight to Norway in 1994. Remember that one? Privacy for Nathan and Alysa! Andrea Joyce staying home (I think)!

olympic

Does anyone know if the 1st alternate or any alternates are traveling to Beijing to be 'on call', given the YKW situation?

skatfan

TE practices start on 2/1 per the music rotation schedule - https://results.isu.org/schedules/OWG2022_MusicRotation.pdf. We don't know when either Alysa or Karen are leaving yet but Mariah leaving on the 29th would seem to potentially rule her out of the TE - or at least it's cutting it awfully close to get her negative tests back and into the closed loop bubble.

Also - USA and KOR women are in the same practice group. Will we have Worlds 2019 SkateBladeGate 2.0 happen? :rofl:
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I haven't been tracking this closely!

sheetz

Those practices are for the individual event. The TE practices are beginning tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information