U.S. Pairs 2019-20 season - News & Updates, Part X

aftershocks

Banned Member
Right, obviously, IcePartnerSearch. Duh! Forgive me.:shuffle:

I recall Ben to be an interesting singles skater, with good skills. Do you know any more about Cassie's journey to come back to skating?

ETA:
There's not a lot available on Youtube for Ben, but I found this from 2018:

Maybe Ben could try out with Cassie or with Megan Wessenberg. There's obviously lots of logistics involved in pairing up though besides whether or not a tryout is promising.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Do you know any more about Cassie's journey to come back to skating?
I only know what I posted before the Pairs Final (you can check out their joint Instagram & Facebook page links): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ws-updates-part-x.105722/page-13#post-5682338

ETA:

Blake Eisenach, 20, also has an IPS profile (he and Grace Knoop, 19, withdrew due to injury from the Junior Pairs event before the start of 2020 Nationals). He had surgery recently, IIRC.

It was previously posted in this thread that Sasha Lunin, 19 (he and Faye Kropf finished a very close second to Mishkutionok/Tioumentsev in the Novice Pairs Final in November 2019) listed himself on IPS back in January.

Last edited:

yfbg722

Maybe Ben could try out with Cassie or with Megan Wessenberg. There's obviously lots of logistics involved in pairing up though besides whether or not a tryout is promising.

Ben is a reverse skater and not many coaches are willing to take on opposite pairs. I actually met him many years ago when he came to Canada to try out with Hayleigh Bell so he's had a bit of pair experience but he will need to find a reverse girl.

I remember Cassie as the Novice pair champion. My daughter's first ever pair competition was in Ann Arbor and we were very excited to be competing against the top American team. I have some really cute photos of the podium from that event. Nice to see her coming back to the sport. I hope she finds a good partner!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Tarasova/Morozov had their SP to that music two seasons ago. I can't imagine that Ashley and Tim are using the same piece of music, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Everybody and their brother has skated to Rach 2, so I don't think it's a big deal that T/M used it two seasons ago. It's one of my top 3 classical pieces so it's one warhorse I don't mind hearing over and over!

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Ashley & Timothy practicing what appears to be a new program?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBi5CI_DnIQ/

Is anyone aware of the name of the familiar music they're skating to?

Celine Dion, "All By Myself".

Wellllllllll, its not a warhorse.... but it is sappy overload.

And all the recommendations I have sent Ash...... hmmmmphh....

P.S. are we sure about The Rach... I guess it could be that too.....

Sylvia

TBD
ICYMI, Jordan Cowan had a live chat with Cain/LeDuc on his On Ice Perspectives YT channel on May 27, 2020:

ETA that they also did a SkateProud live chat on June 15:

Last edited:

skylark

Everybody and their brother has skated to Rach 2, so I don't think it's a big deal that T/M used it two seasons ago. It's one of my top 3 classical pieces so it's one warhorse I don't mind hearing over and over!
I feel exactly the same as you do. I've actually been dreaming about Ashley and Tim skating to Rach 2. I was thinking they could do really well with some of the dramatic parts of the music (reminiscent of Mishkitenok/Dmitriev 1994). But I'm very impressed with their expression in this small, very lyrical section. They seem smoother in these moves and very flexible to go with the music. Also, hey! I believe that was a throw 3 Lutz! Very smooth and easy, and Ashley didn't have to go down so far in her knees with the landing. I'm glad they've stuck with the throw Lutz, even through last season's struggles, when many people were questioning why they kept it in the programs. I have high hopes they can translate this ease and beauty to their competition skates as well. :cheer2:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
:| Eric Carmen is rolling his eyes somewhere. It's like saying Michael Buble is responsible for 'Feeling Good'.

LOLZ

Im not saying Queen Dion gets the credit... but since I downloaded her version 20 years ago thats what came to my mind when I heard those few seconds.

I could tell it wasnt Eric's as that is not his arrangement.

(And even though Michael Buble shares his birthday with me, the legendary ANL. I dont care for his sappiness.)

Im more of an Alice Cooper type of guy... Why isnt anyone skating to 'Poison?" Well, Tonya would.

Sylvia

TBD

skylark

ICYMI, Jordan Cowan had a live chat with Cain/LeDuc on his On Ice Perspectives YT channel on May 27, 2020:
I haven't had a chance to watch the second chat, but this one with Jordan Cowan is wonderful. We see a split screen where Jordan's warm-up, practice videos from last October are shown. And on the other screen, we see all three of them watching the screen too. Really lovely.

Sylvia

TBD
Isabelle Martins/Ryan Bedard (J5 at Nationals, competed twice on JGP last year & still ISU Junior age-eligible) currently are not listed in the ISP or in team envelope D... thought I saw an Instagram story clip of them practicing a death spiral recently? ETA that I've heard they're still together and so should be listed in D.

Confirmed splits since Nationals:
Sydney Cook/Timmy Chapman J6
Sydney Flaum/Alex Wellman J7
Sarah Burden/Jake Pagano J8

I've started a new season thread for U.S. Pairs: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-pairs-2020-21-season-news-updates-part-xi.107350/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information