U.S. Men 2020-21 season news & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to @Ka3sha and @TAHbKA for translating Krasnozhon's Sport24.ru interview on the previous page. I've always believed Alex appreciated the opportunities that emigrating to the USA have given him (his skating career, future education and new post-skating goal to be an immigration lawyer) and it's nice to see others viewing him in a more positive light after this interview. :)

BittyBug

Disgusted
I appreciate his brutally honest self-assessment. It must be hard for him because he is quite talented, but ultimately his build will be a barrier to reaching the top echelons of competition.

It's also nice to see that has a clear eye on life after skating, and no doubt the planning, discipline and daily grind of skating will be good preparation for getting through law school.

vgerdes

Thanks a lot for translating that article, @TAHbKA. It corrected misperceptions that I had had about Krasnozhon.
Same. I've always had the impression that he was rather full of himself. Maybe that was a false impression, or maybe he outgrew it. Either way, I enjoyed that article. Thanks for the translation.

YukiNieve

I heard a talk Krasnozhon did at the breakfast session for skating fans at Skate America in 2019.
I was very impressed by his talk - he was very appreciative of the life in the US and he sounded quite honest and sincere about his emotions and challenges he was facing. I did not feel any arrogance or over the top attitude from him; I felt totally opposite.

ETA: It was 2019 Skate America, not US Nationals (I corrected it).

Here is a snippet of his talk (Alexei was answering to a question about how he practices quad):

Last edited:

Marco

I am just sorry Alexei K's 4loop wasn't rectified but Yuzuru's attempt at the same competition was. Was it a Skate America? Or Cup of China?!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I am just sorry Alexei K's 4loop wasn't rectified but Yuzuru's attempt at the same competition was. Was it a Skate America? Or Cup of China?!
Are you talking about back when the "first" title was up for grabs? Because Alexei's was called clean by the tech panel at a JGP two weeks before, but was not ratified by the ISU, and Hanyu's was ratified two weeks later at Autumn Classic IIRC. (I still think that that isn't a coincidence and the ISU was terrified of what would happen if they ratified an "unknown" American as the first instead of Hanyu being first.)

skatingguy

decently
Are you talking about back when the "first" title was up for grabs? Because Alexei's was called clean by the tech panel at a JGP two weeks before, but was not ratified by the ISU, and Hanyu's was ratified two weeks later at Autumn Classic IIRC. (I still think that that isn't a coincidence and the ISU was terrified of what would happen if they ratified an "unknown" American as the first instead of Hanyu being first.)
Krasnozhon put his hand down on the landing, and that's why it wasn't ratified as the first 4Lo.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I’m watching a rerun of skate America on NBC sports network tonight. When did Alex K. leave the Cains and go to Austin Texas? What coaches are out there?

BittyBug

Disgusted
But before they moved to Boston, didn't Letov and Ganicheva move to a different rink from the Cains? Or was it the Cains that left the rink where Letov and Ganicheva were?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
AFAIK the Cains have always been based in Euless and Letov/Ganicheva's group used to be in Plano, TX - question also came up & was answered in this thread last September: Ganicheva & Letov are named the SC of Boston's high performance directors for the club's new facility in Norwood, Mass.
But weren't Letov and Ganicheva at the same rink as the Cains originally? I thought I read that when Krasnozhan dropped the Cains as coaches to go with Letov and Ganicheva, the latter moved to different rink, but maybe I'm not remembering this correctly.

RoseRed

But weren't Letov and Ganicheva at the same rink as the Cains originally? I thought I read that when Krasnozhan dropped the Cains as coaches to go with Letov and Ganicheva, the latter moved to different rink, but maybe I'm not remembering this correctly.
I believe they were at a different rink than the Cains before he started working with them. Just both near Dallas.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
They were always in different rinks. Letov and Ganicheva were always the big group in Plano. I think the Cains were at Farmers Branch for a while before they switched to Euless (or maybe were splitting between the two idk), but they have never been at Plano as long as I've been around.

olympic

At any rate, for me the clearest issue next season will be to give Jimmy Ma more focus. I understand his happiness in the K&C, but he left a lot of points on the table with those levels, and the lack of focus on the 2nd quad. He could go big because he understands an audience. I like that he repeats the hardest jumps; 4T/3A. So, his coaches need to get him to focus tout de suite. I wonder if he should consider different coaches.

lurkz2

At any rate, for me the clearest issue next season will be to give Jimmy Ma more focus. I understand his happiness in the K&C, but he left a lot of points on the table with those levels, and the lack of focus on the 2nd quad. He could go big because he understands an audience. I like that he repeats the hardest jumps; 4T/3A. So, his coaches need to get him to focus tout de suite. I wonder if he should consider different coaches.
Didn't he just get a new coaching team this year?

maureenfarone

I think Jimmy Ma moved from the Cains in Texas to Aleksy Letov who is now at the Skating Club of Boston. I did notice that Morozov is still listed as choreographer.

Alexa

Didn't he just get a new coaching team this year?
He was seen training in the new group late May, and was asked if he was members of the new group this IG post from late June. The answer at that time is he was just a “friend”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information