U.S. Ice Dance 2020-21 season news & updates

azcalder

Avonley skated in the Solo Dance Series, then partnered with Maxwell Gart. They won silver on the intermediate level at the 2016 US Nationals. She began skating with Vadym as a junior - skipping novice. She did not skate with Jeffrey Chen.

Dobre

She did not skate with Jeffrey Chen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Chen

Scroll down.

I think they may have only done one event? Possibly didn't compete an FD? It was 2018-2019 after he had won silver with Buckley in novices. Anyway, L&C didn't skate the end of the season or go to Nationals.

Found my post from the 2018 Dance-Pairs Chicago thread:
We have a new partnership for Jeffrey Chen as well with Anya Lavrova. Apparently they will compete in novices also.

Novice Combined Pattern Dance Results:
1. Lavrova & Chen 45.33
2. Peal & Peal 41.12
3. Karnes & Aksenov 39.45
4. Brown & Driscoll 34.12
5. Nicklas & Ryan 33.34
6. Schaub & Haddad 32.31
7. Foti & Bennett 30.55
8. Bronov & Kolosovski 26.55
9. Atanovskovski & Ayers 19.72

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Great article on Green/Parsons on the US Figure Skating Fan Zone. They don't reveal their programs yet but say they'll debut them in a new virtual competition series for ISP skaters (details to be given next week by USFS!)

Sylvia

TBD
Excerpt from the Green/Parsons article linked above:
While the two have yet to reveal their programs for the 2020-21 season – "It puts the 'dance' in ice dance," Green teased with a laugh – they will debut them during the International Selection Pool (ISP) Points Challenge, a virtual competition offered by U.S. Figure Skating. (Check out the Fan Zone next week for more details!)
Preparing for such an uncertain season has been something of a challenge, but both are looking forward to the new opportunity.
"I am excited, because it's something new," Parsons said. "Whenever you have something new, it's exciting, and I'm curious to see how it goes. So all we can do is prepare the best we can, and that's all any of the athletes can do."
Eva Pate tweeted & mentioned in her Instagram story today that she and Logan Bye are excited to debut their Motown: The Musical RD in the "points challenge" (refer to article excerpt above): https://twitter.com/evampate/status/1301614961635061760

ETA:

Scott Moir choreographed Hubbell/Donohue's FD - from Madison's caption (no audio in clip): https://www.instagram.com/p/CEphK9NJHRj/
"We were lucky enough to spend several weeks with him [Moir] this summer, as he choreographed our new free dance."

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Molly Cesanek posted in her Instagram stories yesterday that she and Yehor passed their USFS Senior Free Dance test "with distinction" and mentioned they will compete in the ISP Points Challenge.

This Cesanek/Yehorov article appeared in a local Virginia publication earlier this summer:

Sylvia

TBD
Two new teams are scheduled to debut Junior programs at the Colorado Springs Invitational on Sunday, Sept. 13 (comp. info is posted U.S. Club Competitions thread in Kiss & Cry):
Isabella Flores & Dimitry Tsarevski - Tango clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDm2cEFJwA_/
Leah Neset & Artem Markelov: https://www.instagram.com/neset_markelov.team/

Flores competed in the Junior Dance event at 2020 U.S. Nationals (placed 13th with Adam Bouaziz).

Neset previously skated with Tsarevski at the Intermediate level and they won the silver medal together at 2019 U.S. Nationals.

Markelov previously represented Russia (placed 7th with Kristina Makeeva in Adv. Novice at Santa Claus Cup in Dec. 2019).

Sylvia

TBD
Christina Carreira's latest IG post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE6fAb-pYcx/
Our Free Dance this season will be to the theme of Doctor Zhivago🥰
We’ll use the original soundtrack by Maurice Jarre and the 2002 soundtrack by Ludovico Einaudi.
We’re so excited to show you our new program next week during the ISP point challenge⛸
Carreira/Ponomarenko first revealed their FD music at the end of their video interview with Ted Barton that was uploaded today on the Skating ISU YT channel (as part of their rebroadcast of 2017 Junior Worlds; C/P also joined Barton for commentary on their 2017 Salzurg JGP FD to the W.E. film soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski):
C/P are keeping their "Too Darn Hot" RD.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2020 YOG bronze medalists and U.S. Junior Dance silver medalists Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen have debuted their Junior FD to "Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3: Redemption" by Muse (they kept their "Everything Old is New Again" RD) - link to watch & scores are posted in the ISP Points Challenge thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...allenge-sep-and-oct-2020.107555/#post-5860448

Katarina DelCamp & Ian Somerville, Elizabeth Tkachenko & Alexei Kiliakov, and Angela Ling & Caleb Wein are the other 3 teams that competed.

ETA:

DelCamp/Somerville kept their La La Land RD ("City of Stars" & "Planetarium") and have a new FD to a disco medley of 3 songs: "Boogie Wonderland"/"How Can You Mend a Broken Heart"/"Get Down Tonight."

Tkachenko/Kiliakov have 2 new programs: RD to "Sparkling Diamonds" & "Come What May" from the Moulin Rouge! OST and a FD that includes "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS in the middle.

Ling/Wein kept their RD to music from Bullets Over Broadway ("Up a Lazy River" - is this version performed by Nick Cordero? :( & "I'm Sitting on Top of the World"); can anyone ID their FD music?

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Two new teams are scheduled to debut Junior programs at the Colorado Springs Invitational on Sunday, Sept. 13 (comp. info is posted U.S. Club Competitions thread in Kiss & Cry):
Isabella Flores & Dimitry Tsarevski - Tango clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDm2cEFJwA_/
Leah Neset & Artem Markelov: https://www.instagram.com/neset_markelov.team/
Flores/Tsarevski's programs were "I'd Rather Be Blue" & "Don't Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl (51.47 in RD) and Tango medley FD (82.42).

Neset/Markelov's programs were "City of Stars" & "Another Day of Sun" from La La Land (51.58 in RD) and
"Caruso" performed by Andrea Bocelli (73.18 in FD).

Sylvia

TBD
ISP Points Challenge videos are linked from here: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/sports/2020/9/8/isp-points-challenge-competition-central.aspx
SENIOR ICE DANCE (4):
Christina Carreira/Anthony Ponomarenko 79.91 (1) 110.25 (1) 190.16
Caroline Green/Michael Parsons 75.24 (2) 100.61 (2) 175.85
Molly Cesanek/Yehor Yehorov 64.15 (3) 100.38 (3) 164.53
Eva Pate/Logan Bye 58.55 (4) 89.78 (4) 148.33
More new program music:
Oooh, Green and Parsons changed their RD, and to Thoroughly Modern Millie no less :love:. God bless actual broadway music.
Could anyone identify the first song in the Prince medley that Green/Parsons are using for their FD?
"Dance4Me". That's what Shazam said. 😉
Cesanek/Yehorov adapted their "Make It Rain"/"Take Me To Church" Junior FD to Senior and debuted an energetic RD that included "Shout" & "Walking on Sunshine."

Pate/Bye debuted their RD to songs from Motown: The Musical and kept their last season's FD to "Say Something" performed by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera and "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi.

3 teams have been added to the ISP :):
Lorraine McNamara & Anton Spiridonov
Livvy Shilling & Alexander Petrov
Elliana Peal & Ethan Peal (Novice champs at the Ice Dance Final who now are ISU Junior age eligible this season)

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Leesburg, VA Entries

SENIOR DANCE
Cesanek/Yehorov
Chock/Bates
Green/Parsons
Hubbell/Donohue
Shilling/Petrov
McNamara/Spiridonov
Murphy/Levitt
Reynolds/Reynolds
Taylor/Vollmer
Asher/O'Donnell
Domonoske/Udell

JUNIOR DANCE
Brown, Oona/Brown, Gage
Kiliakov, Alexei/Tkachenko, Elizabeth
Ling, Angela/Wein, Caleb
Neset, Leah/Markelov, Artem
Peal, Elliana/Peal, Ethan
DelCamp, Katarina/Somerville, Ian
Wolfkostin, Katarina/Chen, Jeffrey
Cain, Claire/Colucci, Alexander
Carhart, Helena/Horovyi, Volodymyr
Guberman, Mila/Soto, Joshua
Pham, Vanessa/Rogers, Jonathan
Ritter, Samantha/Wang, Jim
Schaub, Kelsey/Eckert, Kenny
Shadid, Juliette/Shadid, Lucas
Vainik, Gracie/Brykalov, Daniel

Novice Dance
Bland, Kristina/Francis, Gabriel
Dietrich, Olivia/Pylypenko, Eduard
Epps, Julia/Gilman, Blake
Hauer, Jenna/Starr, Benjamin
Ilin, Olivia/Cain, Dylan
Larson, Anabelle/Appel, Lucas
L'Esperance, Emma/Amdour, Mika
Mullen, Caroline/Mullen, Brendan
O'Brien, Anna Sophia/Wei, Steven
Sensenbrenner, Zoe/Chagnon, Andrew
Steen, Charley/Moore, Reese

dramagrrl

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this upthread yet, but Karina Manta and Joe Johnson announced on Instagram today that they are in England, joining the cast of Dancing on Ice. I love them, so I am glad they found another opportunity after the Cirque show they were in was cancelled due to covid.

Sylvia

TBD
I've also posted the good news for both her and Joe in Karina Manta's thread here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...runaway-with-joe-johnson.105549/#post-5872922
When the ITV show starts in January 2021, maybe we can have a separate thread in GSD or TV Alerts if there's interest?

It looks like the registered list of ice dance teams have since been removed from the Leesburg event groups document?

ETA:
SENIOR DANCE
Murphy/Levitt
Taylor/Vollmer
Asher/O'Donnell
Domonoske/Udell
At 2020 U.S. Nationals, Ryan O'Donnell placed 9th in Senior Dance; Hilary Asher placed 12th in Junior Dance.

Breelie Taylor/Tyler Vollmer finished 14th in Junior Dance at Nationals.

My guesses re. the other 2 new senior teams:
Sophia Domonoske and Garrett Udell?
Cara Murphy and Joshua Levitt?

Last edited:

Dobre

Claire Cain & Alexander Colucci. I am glad to see they both have a new partner.

ETA: And Hauer & Starr are back together.

dancing_on_ice

I don't think they're more injured than implied, since they were spotted on the ice in the back of one of OIP's Instagram stories while he was filming H/D and H/B's ISP videos.

Sylvia

TBD
Official announcement:
"After much consideration, we have decided to withdraw from Skate America," Chock and Bates said. "Our training and preparation have been affected by the p*ndemic and at this time we are 100% focused on our preparation for the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships. We will be staying at our training base in Montreal, but will certainly miss the thrill of competition and seeing our U.S. Figure Skating family. We wish everyone good health and good luck!"

dancing_on_ice

There's a bit of a silver lining. At least Chock/Bates won't get stranded in America while traveling for Skate America. With the way the border is like right now, I hope Hubbell/Donohue, Hawayek/Baker, and their whole coaching team has a plan for crossing the border, especially with quarantine rules.

Sylvia

TBD
Here's what Madison Hubbell said about her and Zach Donohue's free dance for Brandon Penny's article recapping the ISP Points Challenge virtual competition (linked from that thread here): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...-sep-and-oct-2020.107555/page-10#post-5874459
It also marked the unveiling of their free dance to "Hallelujah" after intentionally keeping the creative process private. Hubbell and Donohue skated to the k.d. lang version of the Leonard Cohen song for their 2015-16 short dance and both felt this is the only song they would ever want to repeat. Eager to perform to the Jeff Buckley version this time, with lang's incorporated, their free dance was choreographed by two-time Olympic ice dance champion Scott Moir and coach Marie-France Dubreuil, and is almost entirely different from their first "Hallelujah" program.
"The song in a weird way is kind of like a home for Zach and I," Hubbell said. "It's been with us throughout the whole partnership and so to come to this familiar place that just feels good to skate, it has been really nice because definitely the days have been a little bit crazy. …
"We don't know what the rest of the season will look like, but skating to something like 'Hallelujah' every day gives us our own little world to be in and it's really comforting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information