The Voice 2022

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Now that the cast of thousands has been whittled down to 16 contestants I thought it was time to start a thread. Who else is watching? And this is Blake's last season. I wonder if the show will be as popular without him? At least without him the voting will not be so country centric. But I'll miss him.

One thing for sure: the addition of Camila Cabello has been a bust. Poor Jennifer Hudson - her title of Most Annoying Judge/It's All About Me has been taken over. It's not about whether or not she's a good coach. I'm not qualified to know. But her antics in the red chair are so silly & distracting. At least she's not throwing her shoe.

IMO this is among the best group of contestants ever & for the most part they are picking good songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Allskate

One thing for sure: the addition of Camila Cabello has been a bust.
I wasn't very familiar with her before "The Voice" other than having heard "Havana." She doesn't bother me. I like her. Gwen annoys me more than Camilla does. She seems like a flake.

I won't miss Blake or Gwen, but I don't know much about the new judges. Blake does bring in a country audience, so I'm suprised they didn't choose a country artist to replace him.

moebius

Blake has one more season left. I think Kelly Clarkson overwhelmingly take the title of the most annoying judge. I wish someone would put a tape over her mouth. Maybe once Blake leaves, ratings will tank and the show will end (hopefully). This show gets more boring each season. I was hoping the one season per year would be permanent, but it's back to two seasons per year b/c American Song Contest isn't returning. I liked it when Idol and Voice were on opposite seasons.

I'm rooting for Parjita, but I don't think she will win b/c she's not current. I hope she does as well or better than Arthur Gunn (also from Nepal) from Idol.

I thought Zach should have won the battle against Andrew, even though I didn't like Zach's audition. Zach did better in the battles than in the blinds. I don't think Andrew's voice is that special.

Curious how Brayden will fare on the show. At this point Brodie is the front runner. He seems to be the most comfortable on stage. His voice is okay. He's also current.

Nia is most comfortable on the stage compared to the rest of the contestants, but her voice pales in comparison to the other contestants.

I don't know why Gwen loves Alyssa besides the fact that she's a big Gwen fan. I wasn't impressed with her blinds and battle performances, but her knockout wasn't too bad.

I thought Daysia was gonna do well from the blinds, but I guess things went downhill after that.

Last edited:

taf2002

Blake has one more season left. I think Kelly Clarkson overwhelmingly take the title of the most annoying judge. I wish someone would put a tape over her mouth. Maybe once Blake leaves, ratings will tank and the show will end (hopefully).
Why would you hope that? If you're bored & don't like it there's a really good solution: don't watch. I'm always surprised & puzzled when someone posts their hope that some show goes off the air. Is it hurting you?

moebius

Why would you hope that? If you're bored & don't like it there's a really good solution: don't watch. I'm always surprised & puzzled when someone posts their hope that some show goes off the air. Is it hurting you?
It's eating a lot of my time. But I watch it b/c there may be contestant who puts an interesting spin on a song which is rare.

Allskate

At least without him the voting will not be so country centric.
I think tonight's show was a very good example of this. It's sad that I knew Bryce would win before any of them sang. I definitely did not think the best singer was saved. The only country singer was saved. He was on Blake's team. I wonder how much of this result is because he is a country singer and how much is because his coach is Blake.

DreamSkates

I happened to watch and then vote. Ended up voting for all of Blake’s singers and one other.

love skating

Clueless American
I think tonight's show was a very good example of this. It's sad that I knew Bryce would win before any of them sang. I definitely did not think the best singer was saved. The only country singer was saved. He was on Blake's team. I wonder how much of this result is because he is a country singer and how much is because his coach is Blake.
Yep and I knew that was Blake's strategy too. I like Blake and I like his humor, but I won't miss the way his fans would keep all his singers until the bitter end despite other singers being obviously better. This time I thought there was a chance for Kevin or Kate to get the vote, but now that I think about it - they probably split the non-Blake/country vote giving Bryce the win.

moebius

If Rowan was the wildcard, would Blake fans still vote for her?
I predict finale would be Parjita, Bodie, Brayden, and ??? Maybe Bryce. Hopefully the fourth one is Devix.

taf2002

I happened to watch and then vote. Ended up voting for all of Blake’s singers and one other.
I like 3 of his singers but thought Bryce was pretty bland & he did the worst job in the sing-off. But I'm not sure anyone can beat Bodie. It depends on how popular his ongoing song choices are.

Allskate

What are the rules this season? How many singers from one coach can make it? I think the final could include the three males on Blake's team. The cute teenager who sings country on Blake's team will get lots of votes. People who like country will vote for him. People who like Blake will vote for him. People who like cute boys will vote for him.

taf2002

I don't really like eliminating contestants by team so that all teams stay even instead of by talent & performance but as long as Blake is there it's the only way for the best of other teams to actually have a chance. I hate the block voting his fans have done ever since the show started. Bryce definitely wasn't the best of 4 in the sing-off. IMO of course.

Also I didn't understand Camila's gushing about Kate having one of if not the best voice she ever heard. If she wasn't just blowing smoke then how come she didn't save her?

Allskate

Also I didn't understand Camila's gushing about Kate having one of if not the best voice she ever heard. If she wasn't just blowing smoke then how come she didn't save her?
They're all constantly blowing smoke. Having said that, I do like Kate's voice. I definitely preferred her performance to Bryce's.

Allskate

IMO, tonight's results just confirmed how much of a Blake-bonus his team members get. I think Devix would have been voted into the top 10 last night if he had been on Blake's team.

taf2002

IMO, tonight's results just confirmed how much of a Blake-bonus his team members get. I think Devix would have been voted into the top 10 last night if he had been on Blake's team.
I agree. I like Braden but Monday night's performance was pretty bad. I also thought Rowan would be eliminated even though I like her. Blake's group sounded so good but why did he sing so much of it instead of letting his team shine?

I hated Camila's group sing & whyyyyy? Why did she wear that hideous skirt? I think she wants to be funky but that's Gwen's purview & she does it naturally. I've always loved Gwen's style.

moebius

Devix picks cool indie music to sing, but they're not good for the Voice. I don't know why he chose a Killers song for the save. That song doesn't showcase his voice and vocal range. I think that's the first time anyone has sang an Arctic Monkeys song on The Voice or Idol. I dunno if anyone else besides a band that has sang an Arctic Monkeys song on other singing competitions.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Beach Bum
Devix picks cool indie music to sing, but they're not good for the Voice. I don't know why he chose a Killers song for the save. That song doesn't showcase his voice and vocal range. I think that's the first time anyone has sang an Arctic Monkeys song on The Voice or Idol. I dunno if anyone else besides a band that has sang an Arctic Monkeys song on other singing competitions.
Totally agree- one of the best voices and neither song showed off his voice.

I like Omar a lot but I’m a rock girl.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
IN-HOUSE, based on last night’s performances, all three of Team Blake should go home. Based on the entire season, only one of Team Blake should stay. But factoring the Blake/county fan base, he will probably have at least two in the finale.

Allskate

IN-HOUSE, based on last night’s performances, all three of Team Blake should go home. Based on the entire season, only one of Team Blake should stay. But factoring the Blake/county fan base, he will probably have at least two in the finale.
Unfortunately, I think that at least two, if not three, of Blake's will go through. But, perhaps because he has so many still left, they will split some of the Blake vote? It would be a shame if someone like Morgan or Kim went home and that cute teen got to the final, but it wouldn't be shocking. Maybe Morgan can some of the fans who like country women while also picking up votes from non-country fans. I would be happy to see her win. Again, though, I think it is more likely to be someone from Blake's team.

chantilly

Thought I posted this earlier but I guess I didn’t.

Whether you believe me or not I wrote this before the show tonight:

Sadly, I think all three of Blake's team will get in. Maybe Bryce will get knocked out. But anything can happen.

I see Brayden, Bodie, Bryce and Morgan in the finale with Omar getting the save.
Or Brayden, Bodie, Omar and Morgan with Bryce getting the save.

It should be Omar, Kim, Morgan and Bodie with Parijita getting saved.

I'm rooting on Morgan. I think her rock, country, folk, soul vibe is fresh and different for music now.

Omar is an incredible singer, but I don't know who he is as an artist. He's been all over the place with Diva ballads, Rock and musical theatre type songs. He comes across as a Theme park singer sometimes. Too performative and slick. But I recognize he is an incredibly gifted vocalist.

Bodie had a bad night and that was a terrible song choice. But I still think he deserves a spot in the finale.

Parijita has suffered from some bad song choices in my opinion. I do love her personality and voice though. But she hasn't lived up to her incredible promise of her blinds and battles IMO.

Kim was amazing last night and I kinda wish she had focused her song choices into the jazzy soul vibe she had last night. She's an amazing vocalist too.

Justin has never really hit it out of the park for me. He's never had a performance IMO that wasn't flawed in some way.

I’m absolutely Meh on both Brayden and Bodie.

But country has proven time and time again to win big on this show

Allskate

It was Blake's team and the semi-country white woman who the voters put through last night. Not surprising. I definitely think that Kim deserved to go through. It's no comparison when you compare her singing ability to Blake's cute teen. It is called "The Voice," but we've known for a long time that it is about much more than the voice.

I hope Blake's boys split the vote and Morgan wins.

taf2002

I think I am done with The Voice until after Blake’s departure.
I feel the same but Omar needs my votes so I'll stay till next Monday. Next year we won't have the "Blake effect" so country probably won't rule anymore. I'm looking forward to Kelly coming back & to Chance the Rapper. Will John be there? I can't remember who else will judge.

chantilly

I’m pretty sure Kelly will have a lot of country artists on her team.
She won twice with country artists.
The coaches want to win.
Country wins.

However I do think Kelly will mix it up more and pick a bunch of different artists.

Blake picked Bryce in the battles/ knockouts or for his final team, even though he was outsung.

He knew he’d do well.

love skating

Clueless American
I'm so frustrated with last night's results - though not surprised at all. I loved all of John Legend's team - so sad that Kim and Parajita got eliminated. I was happily saying to myself, well at least with Blake gone we won't have this issue and just learned that it's next season that's his last and not this season so we have to suffer through another season - sigh. And like I said before - I like Blake, I just do not like the way his fan base or voting base rules the show.

chantilly

I’m not sure it’s Blake’s fan base. I think it’s because he has country artists.
I know he’s won with non country but mostly in years when the contestant on his team was kinda undeniable.

Camilla Cabello has a huge fan base as does Ariana Grande.

Ariana didn’t win.

I’m hoping Camilla wins with Morgan but I’m certainly not holding my breath.

Allskate

I’m not sure it’s Blake’s fan base. I think it’s because he has country artists.
I know he’s won with non country but mostly in years when the contestant on his team was kinda undeniable.

Camilla Cabello has a huge fan base as does Ariana Grande.

Ariana didn’t win.

I’m hoping Camilla wins with Morgan but I’m certainly not holding my breath.
I think it's partly the size of the fan base, but I also think it's the nature of the fan base and who watches the show. I do think a higher percentage of Blake's fans watch. But, I also think a large percentage of the voting viewing audience likes particular types of contestants.

chantilly

I’m not sure if they have ever done a demographic of the viewers.
But country consistently does well every season.
The south is a huge part of the US and there’s a lot of country music living people in the south.

And I think the Midwest as well leans to country.

I also think people will watch and not vote.

Anyhoo I’m looking forward to Blake leaving and Kelly coming back.

I’ve always loved John.

I’m not a fan of pretty much any of the revolving judges. Although Gwen’s ok.

Anyway I try not to get too attached because there’s always contestants who get votes who shouldn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information