The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

kittyjake5

Congrats to Shoma! He is ready for Seniors next season. I look forward to seeing how he progresses once he moves up.He not only has loads of talent he as star quality to his skating.

I have been keeping my eye on Shoma since he was a novice mostly seeing him with Team Japan at ice shows. Some of his style does remind me of Dai-chan
but Shoma has his own unique style which is very impressive. He has perfected the 3A and the Quad and his other jumps are great quality too.

Thanks for starting this thread rosewood!

tamms

So happy for Shoma! I remember watching Japan Super Challenge 2011 where he was on Dai's team. He was so tiny back then. I distinctly remember Miki yelling his name out after she found something that he had left. She was like a mom to him there. Hard to believe that same little kid just won JGPF with those quality jumps.

tamms

Thanks rosewood! I love that he said it's embarrassing to dance on land but it's not when he's on the ice. Hope to see him "dance" more on ice and bring more amazing programs.

Have to thank Mao for scouting him. Lol. :D

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
This video shows the arrival of Shoma & Sota from Jr GPF. It also shows Sota celebrating Shoma's 17th birthday(Dec 17th) with a cake. Late Happy birthday to Shoma. :cheer2: Later on the video you can see some lovely clips of little Shoma and Mao when they were little. They were so so so adorable. :inavoid: (Ya know, Mao was on the boy hunt at the rink and he was hunted. :D)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cnidh_141216-c-帰国_sport

Shoma at the airport back in Japan:I feel like I happened to win in JGP final. I could skate free from pressures and nerves. Showing the good performances at that big stage gives me confidence for the future.

Sota: Since I placed 1st in SP, I was very nervous in FS. With a satisfactory skate in FS, I'm very happy with the 2nd overall.

Sota feeding Shoma a portion of cake with a spoon.
Playbacks of the days when Shoma was younger than 10 yo, learning skating under Machiko Yamada.

Mao: He's so adorable. Still very little but good at skating. (Is he a type that you want him to be your brother?) Yes! I want him! bwahahaha!

Narration: Shoma was very popular among the girl skaters. He was a hard worker on the ice. He never stopped skating even when he fell on a jump and burst into cry. Sometimes he cried loud when he was frustrated by making mistakes.

*02:55- 2007 National Novice Championship. Shoma won the title when he was 9 years old.

Shoma: I want to participate in Olympics, and win a gold, if I can win.

Looking forward to seeing his good skate in Nats. :cheer2:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Another video of their arrival back home from JGP final. It says Shoma is the third Japanese male skater who won JGP final (the other two are Kozuka and Hanyu) ever. Shoma's overall 238.27 is the highest world record in junior men field. And Sota's 76.14 in SP is also the highest world record in junior men field. I knew about Shoma's record but first to know Sota's SP world record.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ctqh9_141218-sn_sport

Shoma(at the airport): I can add one more quad to my LP. I wish I 'll add it at some competition in this season.

1:08- Shoma at the age of 6 learning skating under Yamada.

Sota: My goal at Nationals is to land a 3A each in SP and LP regardless of the placement.

Shota: We are given very short time till Nationals. I'll be focused in the preparation. I want to do satisfactory skates in the senior field as well.

Male reporter: I heard he(=Shoma) went straight back to the rink from the airport to work on artistry since he thinks he needs to improve in the field of artistry more.

Go for it Shoma & Sota :cheer2:

floskate

Vacant
I've loved him since videos started surfacing of him in around 2007. I can't believe I've been following a skater for 7 years already who isn't even senior yet! But you can tell the physical strength he's developed since last season has really helped with the jumps. They look great now. Looking forward to the next 7 years (and more hopefully) Shoma :kickass:

skatesindreams

Shomo is amazing, already.

His ability to coordinate technique and interpretation is stunning
His skating reflects a maturity far beyond his years,

Like floskate. I suspect I will be enjoying his programs for a long time to come..

orbitz

Impressive skate. The intensity that he kept throughout the entire LP was amazing. The one slight distraction for me was the helicopter motion of his right arm on some of his jumps' landings.

Shoma is probably Machiko Yamada's first student that can be considered to be both an artistic skater and a strong jumper.

tamms

He's a joy to watch, especially with the artistry. He reminds me of Daisuke and he is being pegged as Daisuke #2, but Shoma does have his own style. I can't wait to see him develop more of his own style and of course his jumps.

kittyjake5

Let me add my Congrats to Shoma! He is a welcome addition to Team Japan. I also was
impressed at how he kept his nerves in check throughout the FS. Bravo!

ioana

Shoma for numero UNO in junior Worlds! :cheer::cheer2::cheer:

If the Junior GPF was anything to go by, he's ahead of everyone else by a country mile with Yamamoto being the closest contender. Is anyone going to Junior Worlds that wasn't in the GPF and could legitimately challenge him?

disclaimers: slippery ice, handling the pressure, blah blah he'll still crush it.

handomi

If the Junior GPF was anything to go by, he's ahead of everyone else by a country mile with Yamamoto being the closest contender. Is anyone going to Junior Worlds that wasn't in the GPF and could legitimately challenge him?

disclaimers: slippery ice, handling the pressure, blah blah he'll still crush it.

Boyang Jin definitely can, if he will land all his quads and everything else, but maybe they will send him to senior Worlds but it is matter how much he can make up technically over Shoma, and how far he will be from Shoma's PCS

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information