The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Good news for a certain Spanish ice dancer…
Pertinent excerpt from Joti Polizoakis' post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cef44a4Ossy/
...I’m going for another cycle with the obvious goal of competing at my second Olympics Games in 2026. At this point there are still some unfinished formalities to be completed but as soon as everything is a done deal I’ll be more than excited to disclose with you all my new skating partner (she’s amazing 🚀), my new team of coaches and also my new training location.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I think this one was missed in the various news bits yesterday and this morning...

There was another TSL tweet yesterday, this one about Annabelle Morozov -

I spoke with Nikolai Morozov this weekend. He will wait until the end of the ISU Congress to decide if Annabelle will compete for FRA or RUS. He thinks competing for the USA would be too difficult.

Dobre

Dobre

The Russian skating websites are now reporting on The Skating Lesson's tweet that Diana & Gleb are no longer training with Igor Shpilband and that her mom Eteri Tutberidze has been seen at the Detroit Skating Club, where they previously worked with former USSR ice dancer Natalia Annenko.

No further word on whether they will continue to skate for Russia or switch to the United States or another country.
For what it's worth.

Dobre

Main cast: Victoria Sinitsina - Nikita Katsalapov, Alexandra Stepanova - Ivan Bukin, Diana Davis - Gleb Smolkin, Annabelle Morozov - Devid Naryzhnyy (new), Irina Khavronina - Dario Cirisano, Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva - Egor Bazin.
Reserve: Sofya Tyutyunina - Andrei Bagin (new), Elizaveta Shanaeva - Alexander Shustitsky (new).
So apparently Shanaeva is with Shustitsky now. Let me know if anyone hears where they are training. (Still with Zhulin, where she had reportedly gone to skate with Drozd? Or elsewhere?)

Bigbird

So apparently Shanaeva is with Shustitsky now. Let me know if anyone hears where they are training. (Still with Zhulin, where she had reportedly gone to skate with Drozd? Or elsewhere?)
Had the same question.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Quoting from the OES News thread:

And bet with whom is Denisa starting to skate?
A small help here - guy has greek name, czech passport (by mum) and passport of another EU country where he lived and representing it even at one of the past Olympics. And finally Alyona Savchenko came with the idea of the pairings. So what's your bet? The team looks great after first three weeks of training.

BTW, I am sorry for Vilem he was the one proposing to Denisa to split as he has some health issues which has to be sorted out and even his doctor's do not know how long would it take. But if all goes well he should be back on ice either with Denisa again or with his girl-friend or with another partner. Keep my fingers to him. He is a really nice guy and always supportive to his partners.

So Cimlova / Polizoakis will be a new team (I assume) for Czech Republic.

Last edited:

Dobre

All right, we have an updated World Standing list!

Teams that qualify for at least one guaranteed GP berth via their top 24 WS:
Carreira & Ponomarenko
Soucisse & Firus
Mueller & Dieck
Brown & Brown
Wolkostin & Chen
Bashynska & Beaumont

Teams we already knew had a top 24 SB score:
Papadakis & Cizeron
Hubbell & Donohue (removed now from the WS list)
Sinitsina & Katsalapov
Chock & Bates
Stepanova & Bukin
Gilles & Poirier
Guignard & Fabbri
Green & Parsons
Davis & Smolkin
Smart & Diaz
Fear & Gibson
Skoptcova & Aleshin
Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Hawayek & Baker
Muramoto & Takahashi
Nazarova & Nikintin
Lajoie & Lagha
Khudaiberdieva & Bazin
Turkkila & Versluis
Wang & Liu
Shanaeva & Narizhnyy
Reed & Ambrulevicius
Lopareva & Brissaud

RoseRed

All right, we have an updated World Standing list!

Teams that qualify for at least one guaranteed GP berth via their top 24 WS:
Carreira & Ponomarenko
Soucisse & Firus
Mueller & Dieck
Brown & Brown
Wolkostin & Chen
Bashynska & Beaumont

Teams we already knew had a top 24 SB score:
Papadakis & Cizeron
Hubbell & Donohue (removed now from the WS list)
Sinitsina & Katsalapov
Chock & Bates
Stepanova & Bukin
Gilles & Poirier
Guignard & Fabbri
Green & Parsons
Davis & Smolkin
Smart & Diaz
Fear & Gibson
Skoptcova & Aleshin
Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Hawayek & Baker
Muramoto & Takahashi
Nazarova & Nikintin
Lajoie & Lagha
Khudaiberdieva & Bazin
Turkkila & Versluis
Wang & Liu
Shanaeva & Narizhnyy
Reed & Ambrulevicius
Lopareva & Brissaud
S/D and H/K are also removed from the WS list

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Did we ever get it settled whether Bashynska/Beaumont are staying junior? I thought I remembered they were ...

Dobre

Did we ever get it settled whether Bashynska/Beaumont are staying junior? I thought I remembered they were ...
If you scroll up to Belsornia's post above & follow the link, you can see that Bashynska & Beaumont are signed up under junior dance for the Quebec Summer Championships. So that seems like confirmation that they are planning to stay junior.

It's up to them. The year Pogrebinsky & Benoit moved up, they were originally planning to compete in juniors & signed up to do so for a summer event but then decided to move up when they learned there was room.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Exactly what I was thinking -- there's one junior competition in their near future, but we still don't quite know whether they'll change their minds. In either case, I hope they do well.

Dobre

I was going to add that Skate Canada has some senior teams that may be right on the bubble for getting onto the GP. If Bashynska & Beaumont remain in juniors, another Canadian team may get the GP experience. Also, SC could use B&B's leadership at the junior level. The other junior Canadian teams have a lot less experience. It should be B&B's decision. There's no telling when the Russian teams will be back in the mix and/or how hard it will be to make the GP next season. But there's probably no reason for SC to push B&B unless they want to move up. Also, their SB score is 63rd. There might only be one GP berth available for them, while they would certainly get two JGPs (and a crack at the JGP Final) if they're healthy.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Quoting from other threads:

Both Hase / Seegert and Mueller / Dieck have split.

If Google translation gets the gist - Minerva Fabienne intends to continue with another partner, Nolan's future is open, both Katharina and Tim plan to continue with new partners (Katharina intends to train in Germany for her studies).

And Polizoakis has officially switched to represent Czech Republic.

So Papadakis / Cizeron will take a break for the next season, Mueller / Dieck have split and Polizoakis is confirmed to represent CZE.

Sylvia

TBD
Joti Polizoakis, who turned 27 earlier this month, announced his partnership with Denisa Cimlová for CZE today ("We‘ve been in the training process a month now and so far we‘re very happy and pleased with the progress we‘re making. Our head coach is Barbara Fusar-Poli and we are supported by further coaches Roberto Pelizzola, Lukas Csolley, Corrado Giordani and many different experts in their fields. Our training base is in Milan, Italy.") - his post in English & German: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCIfTHolup/

Denisa'a post (she will be 19 in July): https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCIgjdMauG/

Last edited:

Dobre

Summer Dance Drama Update
(Let me know if I missed anything).

Splits:
Smart & Diaz (he retired)
Mueller & Dieck
Shevchenko & Eremenko
Shanaeva & Narizhnyy (both repartnered)
Ushakova & Nekrasov (he repartnered)
Skoptcova & Aleshin (he’s coaching)
Morozov & Bagin (both repartnered)
D’Alessandro & Waddell (she retired & is going to school)
Fear & Waddell (she’s on IPS)
Kerry & Dodds
Ichilov & Byelikov
Tyutyunina & Shustitskiy (both repartnered)
Bernard & Jochum (he’s focusing on school)
Calderari & Cilli (she's on IPS)
Val & Vitranyuk (she's on IPS)
Flores & Tsarevksi
Oliver & Andari (he's focusing on school, she repartnered)
Cimlova & Hlavsa (she repartnered)
Lukinskaya & Pak (he's on IPS)
Takanami & Nishiyama
Benkiewicz & Henault
Ahramenka & Surenkov Gultchev (she switched to pairs)

New Partnerships:
Morozov & Narizhnyy
Zingas & Kolesnik
Tyutyunina & Bagin
Shanaeva & Shustitskiy
Pasechnik & Nekrasov
Cimlova & Polizoakis (for Czech Republic)
Bronsard & Richmond
Oliver & Graham (for Poland)
Wilson-French & DelCamp (for Great Britain)
Hancock & Fourati (for Hungary)
Ziobrowska & Bojanowksi
Alieva & Couyras (for France)
Kishimoto & Tamura
Sime & Petrov (for New Zealand)
Stanley & Sosnenko (for Mexico)
Benkiewicz & Shapiro

Retirements:
Hubbell & Donohue
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Adrian Diaz
Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal
Natalie D’Alessandro

Taking the Season Off:
Papadakis & Cizeron

Coaching Changes:
Kazakova & Reviya to Zanni in Italy
Wolfkostin & Chen to Canton
Cesanek & Yehorov to Canton
Mazingue & Gaidajenko to Montreal

Juniors Aging Up to Seniors:
Ling & Wein
Makita & Gunara
Tali & Frasca
Bitadze & Parkhomenko
Huber & Huber

Other stuff: Davis & Smolkin seem to have left Shpilband. They’ve been seen a couple places, but I haven’t read that a new training situation has been confirmed yet longterm.

Last edited:

RoseRed

@Dobre Nice summary.

For Val/Vitranyuk, he's also on IPS.

Another new team would be Emmy Bronsard & Jacob Richmond for Canada (edit: already on the list, apparently I'm blind)

For the Russian juniors, I saw the partnership of Sofia Kachushkina and Mark Volkov announced in an article and they were included in the Russian National team together (junior reserve), which means Mamchenkova/Volkov and Kachushkina/Muratov (both on the JGP this past season) have both split.

Last edited:

Dobre

@Dobre Nice summary.

For Val/Vitranyuk, he's also on IPS.

Another new team would be Emmy Bronsard & Jacob Richmond for Canada.

For the Russian juniors, I saw the partnership of Sofia Kachushkina and Mark Volkov announced in an article and they were included in the Russian National team together (junior reserve), which means Mamchenkova/Volkov and Kachushkina/Muratov (both on the JGP this past season) have both split.
Thanks!

(Bronsard & Richmond are already on the list).

dancing_on_ice

If we look at top 15 season's best

1. Papadakis/Cizeron (announced break)
2. Hubbell/Donohue (retirement)
3. Sinitsina/Katsalapov (country banned)

4. Chock/Bates (confirmed)
5. Stepanova/Bukin (country banned)
6. Gilles/Poirier (no official confirmation)
7. Guignard/Fabbri (confirmed)
8. Green/Parsons

9. Davis/Smolkin (country banned, might reappear representing USFS, let's see)
10. Smart/Diaz (Diaz retired)

11. Fear/Gibson
12. Skoptsoav/Aleshin (country banned)
13. F-B/Sorensen (confirmed continuing)
14. Hurtado/Khaliaven (retired)
15. Hawayek/Baker

8 teams are for sure not competing next year, with only Gilles/Poirier unsure as of now. It's going to be a pretty major shakeup. Chock/Bates and Guignard/Fabbri will probably have a bit of an initial advantage, but the bronze medal position is wide, wide open.

litenkyckling

If we look at top 15 season's best

1. Papadakis/Cizeron (announced break)
2. Hubbell/Donohue (retirement)
3. Sinitsina/Katsalapov (country banned)

4. Chock/Bates (confirmed)
5. Stepanova/Bukin (country banned)
6. Gilles/Poirier (no official confirmation)
7. Guignard/Fabbri (confirmed)
8. Green/Parsons

9. Davis/Smolkin (country banned, might reappear representing USFS, let's see)
10. Smart/Diaz (Diaz retired)

11. Fear/Gibson
12. Skoptsoav/Aleshin (country banned)
13. F-B/Sorensen (confirmed continuing)
14. Hurtado/Khaliaven (retired)
15. Hawayek/Baker

8 teams are for sure not competing next year, with only Gilles/Poirier unsure as of now. It's going to be a pretty major shakeup. Chock/Bates and Guignard/Fabbri will probably have a bit of an initial advantage, but the bronze medal position is wide, wide open.
Skoptsova/Aleshin have retired I believe (although I don’t read or interact with any Russian outlets anymore so can’t confirm if this is true or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information