The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

I'd love to see either the Golden or Ravensburger Waltz as the pattern for the RD next season, but do we think the current class of dancers would succeed at the Golden? I hate to think how bad it would be from so many of these teams.

Mostly, I really want to see a required step sequence in a a closed dance hold. What we have nowadays is meh.

I did enjoy the Ravensburger SD season.
I think they all need pushed - challenging them can only make them better imo

Former Lurve Goddess

I vaguely recall that the now-cancelled 2020-21 Folk RD had the polka as the pattern portion, which seemed weird to me because I'd assume that non-European folk dances would have little to do with polkas.

Andrea82

Is it Anastasiya Makarova?

(I was going to post the results links to 2006 & 2014 also, but the judges for those events were listed in random order so I don't know that the protocols from those events can be relied upon to match the number of the judge listed on the first link above).
Makarova's recent track record can be found here

So what do we think of the Ukrainian judge ? It does mean the Russian judge won't be in the panel as I read they can't cross path or did I misunderstand ?
I would be surprised if Russia withdraws a judge in an ice dance olympic competition. Russian and Ukrainian judges were sitting in the same panel this week at Minsk Winter Star.

Khaleesi

Agree with them on everything. H/D deserve to be above S/K..
Why do you thank God that we mainly hear Scott though? 😂
Lol sorry I just I don’t know her commentary doesn’t add anything. Nothing technical it kind of sounds fake to me too. I’m sorry I don’t want to be harsh or anything just my opinion on this little clip. I haven’t seen the rest of the commentary except P/C’s performance and I preferred Scott there too.

Miloune

Lol sorry I just I don’t know her commentary doesn’t add anything. Nothing technical it kind of sounds fake to me too. I’m sorry I don’t want to be harsh or anything just my opinion on this little clip. I haven’t seen the rest of the commentary except P/C’s performance and I preferred Scott there too.
Lol don't appologize I was just curious 😂 I didn't hear their commentary though I wish I could have access to it.

Bournekraatzfan

I couldn't find SK's fan thread, so I thought I would post this here:

SK:

S: They’re gonna look to step up here today, execute a little bit more technically like we talked about with Piper and Paul, but I think they just need to bring a better energy, we’ll see if they’re capable of that

S: (immediately following twizzles) (excitedly) best twizzles I’ve ever seen them execute in competition, usually that particularly gives Nikita quite a hard time. not even a hesitation there today.

S: (during end of stsq) starting to slow down, you can see the camera’s not moving that fast across the ice

T: (after performance and comment from Brenda about Nikita having been slowed down by back injuries over the last couple of years having taken them out of early season competitions and the possible effects on his fitness and endurance) I thought they showed great polish, though. There was a finish to each move. They were creating beautiful shapes out there. I just have to say, and maybe this is after Gabriella and Guillaume, it lacked a certain sophistication in the choreography. There’s potential for it to be suave and elegant, and, and enchanting even, but it missed the mark.

S: I agree, I agree. I think a lot of it is a little bit raunchy-motivated. It doesn’t do it for me, not for a, an Olympic-level performance. I think that’s what maybe we were alluding to when we were talking about Gabi and Guillaume’s sophistication, two people moving kind of as one. I don’t really feel that from that performance, but what I did like is their attack. Compared to the team event, they came out and they were ticked off, right from the beginning, and that gave them a little bit more attack. Um, but what it did do, and what I saw, is that they were making little technical mistakes. And, and at the end, they couldn’t quite hold onto that same energy, but we’ll see if the judges agree with what, what I saw through the screen.

S: (slow motion replay of twizzles) These, this element, the twizzles, though, like, even in practices I don’t think I’ve seen them executed that well

T: And musical, too

S: (slow motion replay of 3rd key point) Here I’m super-interested, his blade can’t wobble, I thought it wobbled right here, you see it coming up and onto a flat. That’s not really showing that in the marks, it’s, or it might not show that in the marks, I guess, is, would be surprising.

T: In general, though, a clean skate

S: Yeah, much, much more energy, clean. I mean, I see him falling off a couple of these turns. And, I, I, I wonder if that’s just me really being too picky compared to Papadakis and Cizeron

(Brenda’s comment about judges having PC’s skate in mind when they mark SK)

T: Yes. And you have to be picky, it’s the Olympic Games

S: That’s true

T: The stakes are high

S: (immediately following slow motion replay of rotational lift) I love the entry and the exit of that rotational lift, I really do. The position for me…

T: Does it change?

S: And it’s not difficult enough, I don’t think. That might be the first position Tessa and I ever learned (T giggles), Ilderton Carnival.

S: (after marks come up) That’s a huge score for them

T: Huge, with

S: Best they could’ve done

T: With two American teams and Piper and Paul coming in, how do they slot in?

Reactions: Tak

Bigbird

I couldn't find SK's fan thread, so I thought I would post this here:

SK:

S: They’re gonna look to step up here today, execute a little bit more technically like we talked about with Piper and Paul, but I think they just need to bring a better energy, we’ll see if they’re capable of that

S: (immediately following twizzles) (excitedly) best twizzles I’ve ever seen them execute in competition, usually that particularly gives Nikita quite a hard time. not even a hesitation there today.

S: (during end of stsq) starting to slow down, you can see the camera’s not moving that fast across the ice

T: (after performance and comment from Brenda about Nikita having been slowed down by back injuries over the last couple of years having taken them out of early season competitions and the possible effects on his fitness and endurance) I thought they showed great polish, though. There was a finish to each move. They were creating beautiful shapes out there. I just have to say, and maybe this is after Gabriella and Guillaume, it lacked a certain sophistication in the choreography. There’s potential for it to be suave and elegant, and, and enchanting even, but it missed the mark.

S: I agree, I agree. I think a lot of it is a little bit raunchy-motivated. It doesn’t do it for me, not for a, an Olympic-level performance. I think that’s what maybe we were alluding to when we were talking about Gabi and Guillaume’s sophistication, two people moving kind of as one. I don’t really feel that from that performance, but what I did like is their attack. Compared to the team event, they came out and they were ticked off, right from the beginning, and that gave them a little bit more attack. Um, but what it did do, and what I saw, is that they were making little technical mistakes. And, and at the end, they couldn’t quite hold onto that same energy, but we’ll see if the judges agree with what, what I saw through the screen.

S: (slow motion replay of twizzles) These, this element, the twizzles, though, like, even in practices I don’t think I’ve seen them executed that well

T: And musical, too

S: (slow motion replay of 3rd key point) Here I’m super-interested, his blade can’t wobble, I thought it wobbled right here, you see it coming up and onto a flat. That’s not really showing that in the marks, it’s, or it might not show that in the marks, I guess, is, would be surprising.

T: In general, though, a clean skate

S: Yeah, much, much more energy, clean. I mean, I see him falling off a couple of these turns. And, I, I, I wonder if that’s just me really being too picky compared to Papadakis and Cizeron

(Brenda’s comment about judges having PC’s skate in mind when they mark SK)

T: Yes. And you have to be picky, it’s the Olympic Games

S: That’s true

T: The stakes are high

S: (immediately following slow motion replay of rotational lift) I love the entry and the exit of that rotational lift, I really do. The position for me…

T: Does it change?

S: And it’s not difficult enough, I don’t think. That might be the first position Tessa and I ever learned (T giggles), Ilderton Carnival.

S: (after marks come up) That’s a huge score for them

T: Huge, with

S: Best they could’ve done

T: With two American teams and Piper and Paul coming in, how do they slot in?
As I said before they were objectively 3rd.

SidelineSkater

At Olympics and at ISU Championships, they draw a pool of 13 countries that nominates the 13 judges (12 in Beijing, because Japan withdrew their judge a few weeks before the start).
Then 9 judges are drawn 45 minutes before the RD.
The other 4 will serve in the FD along with 5 from the RD (the 5 are drawn 45 minutes before the start of the segment).

So coming back to Beijing, the 3 not used in the RD who should appear (covid tests permitting) in the FD are France (Molina), Italy (Cesaro) and Ukraine (Makarova).

Looks like no Russia or Lithuania on the FD panel.

VGThuy

Yeah. Then the high score for SK would be thrown out as well as the low mark for P/C, making their score irrelevant!! LOL.
No I meant if that was the final standings. Just imagine what the PBP will be like.

muffinplus

I also enjoyed Scott more than Tessa... her commentary sounds very "plastic"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information