The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

screech

The only dance that really engaged me tonight was Stepanova/Bukin (which is definitely not something I ever thought I'd say)

P/C the clear winners, though I don't think their costumes match. It looks like two people who met on the street - her after leaving a cocktail party, and him walking out of a dance club.

Disappointed in the top Canadian team performances, and really disappointed in the change to Piper/Paul's outfits. IMO the navy was much much better

Fadeevfanboy

I know a lot don't seem to like H&D's FD here but honestly they were my favorite performance tonight. They seemed so genuine and into it, and it was a refreshing change of style for them. Of course P&C were the rightful winners, but H&D were my personal favorite. I would have probably had them over S&K, although S&K did skate very well, but their performance didn't move me like H&D or enthrall me like Chock & Bates even.

screech

I don't usually follow this thread closely, but who is for sure going to worlds/not going? I'm assuming P/C are going to a worlds in France, but what about the other top teams?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I don't usually follow this thread closely, but who is for sure going to worlds/not going? I'm assuming P/C are going to a worlds in France, but what about the other top teams?
All of them? The only ones I could see passing are SinKats. It's going to be a struggle for Russia to keep 3 spots without them unless Tiff & Jon are in much better shape than they were at RusNats.

Fadeevfanboy

All of them? The only ones I could see passing are SinKats. It's going to be a struggle for Russia to keep 3 spots without them unless Tiff & Jon are in much better shape than they were at RusNats.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilles & Poirier don't go. The way they were reacting and some of the announcers were talking you get the impression it might have been their last skate. I hope they atleast go to worlds to ensure us (I am a Canadian) keeping 3 spots though.

Karen-W

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilles & Poirier don't go. The way they were reacting and some of the announcers were talking you get the impression it might have been their last skate. I hope they atleast go to worlds to ensure us (I am a Canadian) keeping 3 spots though.
I think they'll go to Worlds, if only to help Canada keep 3 spots for next season and to go out on a better note than how they skated here in Beijing.

Karen-W

I think H&D and C&B will definitely do Worlds. I believe they want a chance to win a world title.
I mean, if that's what they want to tell themselves going into a Worlds in France with PapCiz skating... :shuffle:

Colonel Green

I think H&D and C&B will definitely do Worlds. I believe they want a chance to win a world title.
At P/C's home Worlds?
I think they'll go to Worlds, if only to help Canada keep 3 spots for next season and to go out on a better note than how they skated here in Beijing.
Yeah, I would assume they'll want to have their last performance be a more pleasant memory than that.

Plus, there will presumably be way more people at Worlds than at the Olympics.

Karen-W

I thought PapCiz maybe busy with media engagements and such. It wouldn’t be unheard of as Tara skipped Worlds in her home country
Oh, no, I'm pretty sure PapCiz will skate at Worlds. They're the skaters who will put French fans in the seats for the event.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Plus, there will presumably be way more people at Worlds than at the Olympics.

That's what I'm thinking too. (Thought C/B's Billie Eilish program would have worked significantly better with the audience clapping during the middle section)

I thought PapCiz maybe busy with media engagements and such. It wouldn’t be unheard of as Tara skipped Worlds in her home country

See this post by @cholla .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information