The Dance Hall 8: Join the Maskerade 2020-2021

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Maddie and Zach have two new programs. I hope they are great! I hope they all have new programs. Whoppee!!

I really hope they have totally different programs than the ones they used the last 2 and specially last season, they and us deserve better! and it's now or never for them in order to stablish themselves coming the Olympic Season

Sylvia

TBD
Cross-posting from the OES thread...

Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER debuted new programs at the Czech test skate:
Jersey Boys medley RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkc0hF8PQbY&t=41m15s
Their Tango FD starts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATawEx0gkk&t=31m50s

Bringing over this comment from the Kiss & Cry section:
The last 30 secs of Taschler's Tango FD is the :cheer2: and breathtaking choreography. Matteo Zanni is doing great job with the brother - sister team.
Thanks to @Jeschke for the heads up on the updated music in their ISU bio!
Natalie Taschlerova/Filipp Taschler
RD: Jersey Boys (Walk like a man; Can't take my eyes off of you; December 1963)
FD: Yuyo Verde by Domingo Federico, Exposito
Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla
Primavera Portena by Astor Piazzolla
Choreo: M. Zanni

Source: ISU biography http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103356.htm

Colonel Green

heartyxo

Not strictly for this season, but the ISU has confirmed the Olympic season RD rhythms as Midnight Blues (senior) and Blues (junior):

Available rhythms are “urban dance rhythms” (hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk), jazz, reggae/reggaeton, and blues.

But no “aggressive and/or offending lyrics”, so I guess no “WAP” program.

I actually really liked the blues/hip-hop season last time and I think it’s a really good choice for the Olympic year. I hope that the teams who were competing that season (so most of the current ones) don’t end up doing something too similar to last time though. It hasn’t been that long since.

VGThuy

I wonder if all the 4CC countries will choose hip hop and all the Euros will choose swing like what happened last time...with some exceptions.

sap5

What exactly constitutes an "urban dance rhythm"? Civil unrest set to a syncopated drum beat?

-BB

Not sure, but also not sure why they're discriminating against suburban and rural hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk, jazz, reggae/reggaeton, and blues. Like those rhythms are danced outside the city as well?

And yes, the point I'm making is that ISU shouldn't be using "urban" to describe these rhythms.

Orm Irian

Not sure, but also not sure why they're discriminating against suburban and rural hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk, jazz, reggae/reggaeton, and blues. Like those rhythms are danced outside the city as well?

And yes, the point I'm making is that ISU shouldn't be using "urban" to describe these rhythms.

Well, you know they can't get away with using "inner city" as code these days.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
As long as we don’t get wall to wall Despacito, I don’t mind!

My same fear, I hope they just BAN reggaeton, but it looks that will be the 'easy' and more crowd appealing music so many couples will go with some reggaeton mixed with disco/funk or whatever weird & odd edit

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Some more details on the IAM event on Sept 11 (I know they're in Canada but that's kind of an ominous day). It's a "training session." Website/IG says program run-throughs and interviews. And there is a cost: $15. IG has a discount code for 50% off if you purchase before this Thursday.

I'm interested if it will be posted afterward, since I won't be able to watch the whole thing live.

ETA: It will be available until end of day on Sept. 13. :)

Anyone else having trouble signing up? I've tried two different browsers and two different devices, and I can't seem to get through.

Debbie S

Anyone else having trouble signing up? I've tried two different browsers and two different devices, and I can't seem to get through.
I didn't have a problem when I signed up on Monday. I used Firefox. I hope you can get through! FYI, H/D and P/C (and probably some of the others) posted discount codes on their social media.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I finally managed to get signed up. Still not sure what the issue was. I did try checking the "you can send me newsletters" box, which I had left unchecked before, so maybe that was it. :lol:

RoseRed

I finally managed to get signed up. Still not sure what the issue was. I did try checking the "you can send me newsletters" box, which I had left unchecked before, so maybe that was it. :lol:
I'm pretty sure I had the impression that that was a required box, so it might have been.

litenkyckling

Thinking about the 2021/22 RD - I would love to see either H/D or F-B/S use tracks from Paolo Nutini's Caustic Love - it has a song that fits the BPM (Diana) and the whole album has such a great blues-y quality that I think either of these teams could translate really well onto the ice.

muffinplus

I loved Khuda and Bazin's new RD... (link with time-stamp below)

I can see why Pap/Ciz will be skating to the Artist.

A RD music selection that doesn't make me cringe finally. (why is that so hard??)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information