The Dance Hall 7: Tripping the Light Fantastic 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regretla

Both caller and assistant are the same as in Torun.
The tech panel is interesting if anything. I think Grinčova was calling at the Olympics?

Debbie S

Shawn Rettstat is the asst TS for Junior Dance at U.S. Nats so I assume he will be the lead caller for the Senior event.

Dobre

Ah! I've been busy stressing over U.S. Nationals and haven't even thought about Europeans this year.

Anyone have thoughts or predictions for Europeans?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
P/C
SinKats - S/B in any order
G/F
F/G
Z/G
S/D
H/K
The Poles
Kazakova/Reviya

IIRC, that's pretty much the same as mine, only I made S/K a definite 2nd and S/B a definite 3rd. And I have H/K before S/D (a girl can dream).

Last edited:

Bigbird

IIRC, that's pretty much the same as mine, only I made S/K a definite 2nd and S/B a definite 3rd. And I have H/K before S/D (a girl can dream).
S/D over H/K. F/G on the podium and S/K off, my only major differences as well.

I❤️Marina&Sergai

Am really shocked at what’s just happened with P & C. Losing Euro’s is hugely disappointing but hoping they can overcome it for worlds. I can’t help feeling they were slightly off their best at this competition. I still love them.

heartyxo

I still think P/C should have won lol. Those scores for S/K were ridiculous. Some may disagree though

As a result though I am now rooting for P/C winning a world title more than I ever have before. I like their programs this year more than I ever have and even though they aren't my favorite team and their scoring is excessive, they are still the best in the world.

muffinplus

I don't agree than SinKats scores were ridiculous. It's the best they have ever skated

And P&C clearly not at their best in either RD or FD and were nervous . I think they haven't been in this situation in a while... hopefully they will be sharper at Worlds

Ka3sha

P/C are obviously the best one in the World and deserve all the medals and world records. But they did have mistakes today and weren’t perfect on Thursday either. So I honestly don’t have a problem with results at these Europeans given how small the margin is and how both teams skated here.

I❤️Marina&Sergai

I love P & C I was gutted for them at the last Olympics and I hope this doesn’t knock them. They have sublime quality and always deliver something unexpected. I think SinKats had a good competition here, I don’t normally look forward to seeing them so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed their RD but they shouldn’t be pushed as the favourites as they aren’t that level and it would take the sport backwards

bcash

Forgot to set my VPN to a “neutral” country and saw nothing on ISU’s channel. Nor was Jackie Wong tweeting. So I completely missed the FD. What happened to G/Fabri?

C

casken

S&K are excellent skaters, but P&C are still clearly superior even on a slightly off day and it's frustrating to see 4 judges had them tied on SS, and the rest were only a .25 to .50 difference.

And of course you had Alla doing her thing, this time with help from the UKR judge (Its the 90s all over again!).

Do I have to worry about them being dumped below ChockSnake at worlds? :slinkaway

bcash

I don't agree than SinKats scores were ridiculous. It's the best they have ever skated

And P&C clearly not at their best in either RD or FD and were nervous . I think they haven't been in this situation in a while... hopefully they will be sharper at Worlds

In the RD, execution-wise P/C were perfectly fine. They changed the choreography too much toward the end and IMO not for the better. Whether that stopped judges from rewarding them or if it was too much politicking I don’t know, Because S/K’s execution wasn’t anything extraordinary. I do think it’s an excellent program, but feel that their best was at Russian test skate lol. I’m glad Nikita finally ditched that ill-fitting suit jacket.

GreenGan

I'm dumped for PC but at the same time I'm hopeful. This should make them angry. And I want them to be angrier than ever at world. I really like their program but I did't have the brilliance from 2016 or 2018 for a long time..

So I hope that in term of choreo they'll take more risk at world and next season.

bcash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information