The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveFS

And Chock and Bates will go to 2022? I’m not so sure. Isn’t Bates Charlie White’s age?

Btw, I thought that was a rumour about D/L turning down W/P. I don’t think it was ever confirmed. I thought that W/P were deciding between Zoueva and Morozov and chose Morozov.
Assuming that this isn't "fake news", if D/L turned down WP for the upcoming season and accepted Chock and Bates there is something VERY wrong about the state of the ice dance world.

VGThuy

As much as I think W/P would be amazing with Montreal, I think they can be amazing any where and I really like the idea that they DID NOT ask to go to Montreal just to show that they are going against the grain and forging their own path.

Dobre

Correcting my earlier post. Looks like the Greens have registered today.

Also, for clarification's sake, I think it would be impossible to tell if Lewis & Bye have registered for the Chesapeake Open at this point in time, since Zoueva's account doesn't appear to be public. Ditto with several other teams' coaches. (Speaking of which, Daria Popova & Collucci must have split. She is listed on IPS).

Debbie S

Also, for clarification's sake, I think it would be impossible to tell if Lewis & Bye have registered for the Chesapeake Open at this point in time, since Zoueva's account doesn't appear to be public.
I've never seen Marina at the comp. Oleg Epstein is usually the coach from Canton in attendance. But you're right, there is not yet an official list of competitors. And skaters are still registering (just paying a late fee).

lauravvv

Assuming that this isn't "fake news", if D/L turned down WP for the upcoming season and accepted Chock and Bates there is something VERY wrong about the state of the ice dance world.
The rumor about D/L turnig W/P down is from before the 2016/2017 season when they went to Morozov in the end, not about this pre-season. The current rumor is that they were accepted to Montreal.

chameleonster

The rumor about D/L turnig W/P down is from before the 2016/2017 season when they went to Morozov in the end, not about this pre-season. The current rumor is that they were accepted to Montreal.
I think what people are referring to is that TSL has said that they asked but were turned down.

Dobre

There is also a current rumor that they will be training with Camerlengo and Shpilband. And a rumor that Camerlengo & Shpilband are going to work together. And apparently a rumor that W&P were turned down by Montreal twice.

Rumor: a currently circulating report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Something is very uncertain and doubtful about the correlation of all these W&P rumors. But, hey, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Kaitlyn & Andrew are likely to skate.

Oleg Epstein is usually the coach from Canton in attendance.

Epstein is listed with the Purnells. This is new, right? They were at Louisville.

Debbie S

Epstein is listed with the Purnells. This is new, right? They were at Louisville.
I think Oleg was with them at Mids this year. They've made a couple appearances lately in Chloe's IG stories, so it looks like they are training in Canton now.

lauravvv

I think what people are referring to is that TSL has said that they asked but were turned down.
TSL wrote that before the 2016/2017 season (which was the 2016/2017 pre season rumor thar I referred to). Did Lease write something like that again recently? I just read a tweet where he said their source had denied that W/P were going to Montreal, and that it would be Camerlengo and Shpilband they would go to if they were to change coaches.

There is also a current rumor that they will be training with Camerlengo and Shpilband. And a rumor that Camerlengo & Shpilband are going to work together. And apparently a rumor that W&P were turned down by Montreal twice.

Rumor: a currently circulating report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Something is very uncertain and doubtful about the correlation of all these W&P rumors.
I know about all of those rumors (although read about W/P possibly being turned down for a second time just now), and I know what a rumor is. That's why I did not state it like it was the truth.

Also, I think, even though the rumor about W/P "going to" Montreal was started by someone else, it was later supported by an ongoing joke/"trolling" from alain06fr which was actually related to the fact that Montreal happened to be one of their (and other Canadian skaters) stops during the Canadian Stars on Ice tour.

Edit: To tell the truth, I thought about it just after writing my previous post. At the time when alain06fr was posting about W/P "going to Montreal" I (as a non-Canadian) was not aware that Montreal was going to be one of the stops for the Stars on Ice tour, so I (like some other posters) did not get the joke then. Of course, I have been aware about the Montreal show for some time since it happened, but I did not think about it in relation to alain's posts until now.

Last edited:

chameleonster

TSL wrote that before the 2016/2017 season (which was the 2016/2017 pre season rumor thar I referred to). Did Lease write something like that again recently? I just read a tweet where he said their source had denied that W/P were going to Montreal, and that it would be Camerlengo and Shpilband they would go to if they were to change coaches.

https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/993861092505018368?s=19

Its TSL, so take it with a grain of salt, but he does seem to be somewhat better informed than usual this season.

Dobre

I know about all of those rumors

Sorry, Laura, I did not mean to direct all of that at you.

More just me being annoyed by the obvious contradictions within all the W&P rumors we received last week and by TSL's spin regarding this team in general. I'd prefer Weaver & Poje not go to Montreal because I think they are a different kind of team. I'm hoping they will go elsewhere because they agree and know who they are as a team. But if they go to Montreal or stay with Morozov or go to Camerlengo, at least they will be skating. And I will be grateful for that regardless.

barbarafan

I am glad that it is an unreliable source. I was quite concerned that a skater in Montreal was being a snake and was feeding information to Dave.

I was afraid that is was the same unreliable source( and quasi human) who fed Dave all the garbage about I/M , Sandra Bezic and Julie Marcotte and he spewed it into his review verbatim.

starrynight

It's strange to me how some skaters support TSL. I have seen the irony of some skaters posting long monologues on twitter about how fans need to be nicer to skaters and then in the next breath go sucking up to Dave. Attention seeking in a sport with very few media opportunities I suppose? All I fine until you are the next target, I guess.

lauravvv

starrynight - I have only read an Instagram post by Gabriella Papadakis on that topic. Are you referring to her? If yes, then I have to say that P/C and Gadbois indeed had connections to TSL which they severed some time ago when Lease leaked information that was not meant to be leaked, but Papadakis may not have been completely aware of Lease's skater dissing tendencies. In any case, "attention seeker" is not a description/epithet that I associate with her.

Dobre

Looks like they're the early season favorites for a junior world title.

Yes, though not by a lot. (0.66)

It was quite an accomplishment for Ushakova & Nekrasov to grab that bronze medal. Shevchenko & Eremenko bested them at the JGPF and at Russian Junior Nationals last year. Lajoie & Lagha defeated U&N in the SD at both the JGPF and Junior Worlds. Khudaberdieva & Nazarov bested U&N in the SD at Russian Junior Nationals. Polischuk & Vakhnov are now in split teams but bested U&N at the JGPF. The Greens, Lagouge & Rahier, and Lewis & Bye had higher base value in the SD at Junior Worlds. And Shevchenko & Eremenko, Lewis & Bye, the Greens, and Kazakova & Reviya had a higher base value in the FD at Junior Worlds.

Feels . . . unpredictable.

starrynight

starrynight - I have only read an Instagram post by Gabriella Papadakis on that topic. Are you referring to her? If yes, then I have to say that P/C and Gadbois indeed had connections to TSL which they severed some time ago when Lease leaked information that was not meant to be leaked, but Papadakis may not have been completely aware of Lease's skater dissing tendencies. In any case, "attention seeker" is not a description/epithet that I associate with her.

No I wasn't actually thinking of Papadakis. I seriously doubt she needs any kind of validation from TSL. Although I think that there was a time when TSL had a lot of access to Gadbois and to all the skaters and coaches.

barbarafan

No I wasn't actually thinking of Papadakis. I seriously doubt she needs any kind of validation from TSL. Although I think that there was a time when TSL had a lot of access to Gadbois and to all the skaters and coaches.

I would assume that ended when he had his "moment" with V/M not being there when he made a visit.

lauravvv

I would assume that ended when he had his "moment" with V/M not being there when he made a visit.
From what I remember, that actually ended when TSL publicized videos of P/C's FD from practice in the beginning of the 2016/2017 season (even before French Masters) when they were explicitly told not to. It's a much more serious breach of trust. But the thing with V/M not practicing at the same rink as P/C was later, before/in the beginning of the 2017/2018 season, wasn't it? Or do I remember it wrong? Why would Lease have been present at practice at Gadbois after what he had previously done, though?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information