Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs. Eagles, the Commercials, and Justin Timberlake!

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Oh, Rob Gronkowski, such karma for your cheap shot, you (IMHO) sociopath.

Congrats to the Eagles.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My gawd. That's TWO lucky touchdowns for the Eagles! Although I do think that last one was a lot more certain.

What can Brady do in a little over two minutes.............if he pulls this off he is the greatest clutch player of all time.

EDIT: Well, that didn't take long! Brady got sacked in ten seconds of play and the Eagles have gotten the ball back in a turnover! :eek:

Tom Brady is one of the greatest clutch QBs and The GOAT QB, IMO. This loss will not tarnish that.

The Brady sack/fumble was considered the most important play of the game and I agree with that. Without that play, Brady was going to work his magic (he almost did, on that final Hail Mary pass).

However, my favorite play of the game is still the Foles TD catch.

In this game, Pederson was the better coach, and the Eagles were the better team. Both teams played great, but what was going on with the field goal kickers?

It was great to see a game with very few penalties, only one deflected interception, and just one sack and one fumble. No pass interference penalty. No unnecessary roughness penalties. Just false start and holding penalties. Very clean game. Sorry to see a couple of players get injured but this is football. It happens.

I didn't know before the game who to root for, but once it started, I was rooting for the underdogs. I really didn't expect them to win though. I thought the Pats and Brady will find a way to win in the end. It is nice to see a New champion. I am very happy for the Eagles and their fans.

Nick Foles played for the University of Arizona (I think). Nice to have an Arizona connection.

Last edited:

Fan123

Tom Brady is one of the greatest clutch QBs and The GOAT QB, IMO. This loss will not tarnish that.

The Brady sack/fumble was considered the most important play of the game and I agree with that. Without that play, Brady was going to work his magic (he almost did, on that final Hail Mary pass).

However, my favorite play of the game is still the Foles TD catch.

In this game, Peterson was the better coach, and the Eagles were the better team. Both teams played great, but what was going on with the field goal kickers?

It was great to see a game with very few penalties, only one deflected interception, and just one sack and one fumble. No pass interference penalty. No unnecessary roughness penalties. Just false start and holding penalties. Very clean game. Sorry to see a couple of players get injured but this is football. It happens.

I didn't know before the game who to root for, but once it started, I was rooting for the underdogs. I really didn't expect them to win though. I thought the Pats and Brady will find a way to win in the end. It is nice to see a New champion. I am very happy for the Eagles and their fans.

Nick Foles played for the University of Arizona (I think). Nice to have an Arizona connection.
Great analysis! This Superbowl was so entertaining to watch; the drama, close calls, amazing catches, etc...all the way thru, especially the 4th quarter, so intense. As a native Philly resident, this win is the best emotional win ever. Philadelphians can't wait for their parade on Wed.

elka_sk8

Great analysis! This Superbowl was so entertaining to watch; the drama, close calls, amazing catches, etc...all the way thru, especially the 4th quarter, so intense. As a native Philly resident, this win is the best emotional win ever. Philadelphians can't wait for their parade on Wed.

I was really ho-hum about this matchup (don’t like the Patriots, and was pulling for the Vikings to come through on the other side) but this turned out to be such a fun game! At one point my husband and I turned to each other and said, I can’t believe we are rooting for the Eagles. :lol: I loved how aggressive they were, Pederson knew he’d have to go all out to beat the Patriots, and he did.

paskatefan

The parade will take place on Thursday. Tomorrow's weather will not be so great (snow/sleet/freezing rain mix, etc.).

Fan123

The parade will take place on Thursday. Tomorrow's weather will not be so great (snow/sleet/freezing rain mix, etc.).
Thanks for the update, paskatefan. I'm planning on being there, along with friends from NYC. I heard many hotel rooms are almost all booked, great for the city. My local Modell and Dick's are all packed with shoppers for all Eagles stuff. :)

just tuned in

Thanks for the update, paskatefan. I'm planning on being there, along with friends from NYC. I heard many hotel rooms are almost all booked, great for the city. My local Modell and Dick's are all packed with shoppers for all Eagles stuff. :)
Not so great for people who have to get to their jobs, though. Regional Rail is basically shut down for the day.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
I'm sorry, I don't live in the metro area anymore and I don't work in Center City anymore, but expecting to go to work on Thursday is a bit of stretch....

Here is the 30 second "hype video" for the parade, narrated by Bradley Cooper
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/960615931331403776

(Background: The Eagles have released "hype videos" before the important games. The SB one was a real tearjerker ... It is an open secret that Cooper narrates them, although he's never taken credit....)

sk8pics

My company has some sort of corporate sponsorship with the Eagles, and one of our sites is in downtown Philly. They are letting people leave at 12 noon tomorrow to celebrate the Eagles. At my site, in Delaware, they declared a half day of work, and had some VIP corporate tickets they gave out. Those folks will take a half day vacation, as they have to be at a particular parking location in Philly by 7:30. Pretty cool. I thought about putting my name in for a ticket (they did a drawing) but then didn't because I was never going to go to the parade. I will probably leave work a little early though! :saint:

Lacey

Why did Tom Brady not shake hands after the game with Nick Foles?

NeilJLeonard

Am I the only person on FSU that can remember watching the Eagles beat the Green Bay Packers 17-13 for their last NFL Championship in 1960?

NJL

sylvestercat

Banned Member
My only regret is that Carson Wentz likely won't get quite the credit he deserves for everything he did to make their magical season, a reality,

I think he will. It would be a shame not to also give Foles huge credit though. This is probably going to be the greatest moment of his career hands down, which will probably revert back to a career back up. Stepping in out of nowhere he played like a top 5 QB in the league the final part of the season and into the post season, and as a career back up outplayed the QB and football GOAT in the biggest game of his life, attempting incredibly difficult and risky passes and making almost all of them in clutch moments.

Wentz wont be forgotten for his season at all though. I think both QBs will be given lots of credit for making this happen, and rightfully so. Both made it happen, along with the rest of the team.

NeilJLeonard

Is “yes” the answer you really want? :D

And where we live now, Bethlehem’s hometown boy Chuck Bednarik (“Concrete Charlie”) was a legend. So the game lived on in memory....
I really wanted someone else around that had watched it....:(

NJL ( I also saw Chuck's hit on Frank Gifford....;) OUCH!...:eek:..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information