Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs. Eagles, the Commercials, and Justin Timberlake!

BaileyCatts

So in other countries, when they sing the National Anthem before major events, do the singers just sing their countries Anthem any ol' way they want to regardless of the way the song was actually written, like they do in 'Merica? That annoys me when people do that. Sing it the way its written. :blah: :blah: :blah:

ilovepaydays

The Eagles blew an opportunity for a touchdown on the first drive. At least they got a field goal.

Nice Toyota ad about the Paralympic skiier.

The movie ads so far have been :yawn:.

oleada

We are flipping between the puppy bowl and the real bowl. I hope the Patriots lose, but my husband is a Masshole, so, we are a house divided. Not that either of us particularly care. :p

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Not super-invested but as a former Philadelphian, I still hope the Eagles win. Touchdown!!!

We finally get the American ads in Canada but it's hard to remember not to tune them out lol.

Lara

Wendy's going after McDonald's just emphasizes their dominance...

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I cannot wait to see Rise next month on NBC. That show looks really good! :cheer:

I also liked the Toyota commercial with the Paralympian in it. :respec:

ilovepaydays

BaileyCatts

What is the music in this commercial on just now? Its "the road" or something in the commercial? Gotta be skating music but I can't place the name?

ETA: :duh:. never mind. Shib Sibs Evolution Free Program!

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

Ugh. These Febreeze "stinky bathrooms" commercials are just terrible. :rolleyes:

Chris Pratt was better in the Michelob ad than how he looked in the Jurassic World movie promo. :lol:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Haha, there have been so many missed kicks tonight that you'd think they were playing outside instead of in a dome, LMAO :rofl: :lol: :yikes:

ilovepaydays

WHOA! That's the second extra point missed - one each for both teams?!

That Dodge RAM commercial with the MLK Jr. speech is getting some major :shuffle: reactions on Twitter.

Lara

So.....I take it from Twitter that following this Super Bowl, "This Is Us" is supposed to be some EPIC episode.......

As someone who hasn't watched the show but would like to eventually, I think I'd better stay off social media or hope everyone uses a hashtag I can mute.

Keep it together in the second half Eagles!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Oh yes, tonight's episode of This Is Us is supposed to answer a TON of questions for fans tonight so if you don't watch but plan to someday, you will need to mute any hashtag related to the show and stay away from social media for a while, LOL :lol:

JUSTIN!!!! :cheer:

aftershocks

Banned Member
How many times will we see Nathan Chen? I'm counting - sort of. No, I am not drinking.

I haven't been watching closely. They already showed the Nathan ad? I thought they'd wait till the second half, as that ad is a 'Bad Mother...' :D

I don't follow football, but Go Eagles! Underdogs I like to root for, plus Patriots have won enough.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Great first half! I am not emotionally involved with either team, so I am just enjoying the game.

ilovepaydays

This halftime show was.....just......I don't know. It was like watching a skater/team compete a program with 394,437,549 music cuts and types of choreography and you end up applauding it just because they finally skate it clean.

The "The Voice" promo was just awful. Especially if they are going to bring in Kelly Clarkson.

The "Jack Ryan" promo for Amazon was just BLAH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information