Sports I usually watch this time of year, but...

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
One day in to cancellations, and I’m already mourning the loss of...
  • the last biathlon events
  • the last alpine events
  • NCAA gymnastics
  • NCAA golf tournament
  • baseball
  • a good chunk of the NCAA basketball tourney (heck, selection sunday is a loss)
  • friendly wagers on NCAA hoops

What do you watch and what will you miss most?

skategal

Bunny mama
NHL, National Lacrosse League (Canada), National League Soccer, Men's Tennis (I think) also cancelled.

Good thing we went to the Lacrosse game this past weekend. It was the last one for our team.

But nothing compares to the loss of skating.... :(

skatingguy

decently
Women's World Curling Championships
March Madness
Tennis Tournaments - Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, etc...
Probably more to come as spring begins in the Northern Hemisphere

Oh yeah . . . World Figure Skating Championships. :cry:

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I’m watching Cheltenham horse Racing festival with a few tiny flutters but meh, not much else to look forward too.

MsZem

I see the sea
I was looking forward to baseball season starting... maybe later in the spring/summer?

Aceon6

I was looking forward to baseball season starting... maybe later in the spring/summer?
Yup, it feels like the beginning of February now. I hope they’ll announce the resumption of spring training at the end of the month.

pat c

Women's World Curling Championships (men's hasn't been cancelled yet, but it probably will be)
Tennis Tournaments
Rugby if it's on
World Figure Skating Championships :wuzrobbed
baseball

skatesindreams

It has been announced that The Masters has been postponed.
It is hoped that they are able to reschedule after the crisis ends.

Rob

Beach Bum
March Madness
World Figure Skating champs
The Masters
NHL
Baseball Opening Day
Tennis
NCAA gymnastics
Alpine events
World Cup gymnastics.
Basically sports is most of what I watch.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Formula 1/Australian V8 Supercars - AGP cancelled, no F1 until May at least, unclear what Supercars will do just yet.

Rugby league - NRL - all games from Round 2 onwards behind closed doors. Suspect season will be suspended the first time a player or official tests positive.

And of course - World Figure Skating Championships :(

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
World Figure Skating Championships :(
BASEBALL :wuzrobbed
NCAA gymnastics (we were going to the Big Ten Championships in Columbus, OH so this is especially hard this season)
Olympic qualifying events (gymnastics, baseball, swimming, track, etc)

Choupette

Not a fan of team sports anymore, but I miss a lot of sports, mostly tennis these days.

Watching sports has always been a fantastic refuge from everything that can go wrong in the world, so I've lost a good coping mechanism. I think that's what I miss the most about it these days, more than the sport itself.

Aceon6

After a sportsless weekend, what I’m saddest about is losing the formal goodbye to the ones that are retiring. I’m sure that OlyChan would have done a fantastic retrospective for Martin Fourcade, for example. And the loss of NCAA gymnastics... I’ve been following some of those ladies for 10 years and not being able to watch their final routines has me very sad.

Cachoo

March Madness (this one is killing me)
Figure Skating
The Masters if Tiger Woods has another amazing tournament....

Cachoo

I don't usually watch the pro-football draft in late April: This year I am watching because it might be the one LIVE sporting event I will see this year.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
I don't usually watch the pro-football draft in late April: This year I am watching because it might be the one LIVE sporting event I will see this year.
And Trump has assured the NFL will have a full season - all games will be played. I wouldn't count on that.

Susan1

Fox Sports Ohio had the 1975 World Series on last week - only the four games the Reds won (ha ha), but they did win the World Series (and in 1976 too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information