Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

Sylvia

TBD

justtojoke

Damn..I hope she fully recovers. Better to nurse the injury carefully this season and not chance a fluke flare up during the Olympic year.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
While I'm sure the money would be nice, she has plenty of GPF titles. Europeans and Worlds are more important, especially Worlds.

Taso

I am relieved she is giving herself time to recover. I hope the German Fed lets them skip Nationals too if she needs it so she can be at her A game for Euros and Worlds

feraina

I tore a whole bunch of large and small ankle ligaments two years ago, when I rolled my ankle crossing the street. It took three weeks before I could walk again, and three months before I got most functions back. It hurts even today in certain positions. Hope her experience is better -- she is surely getting more professional help than I did.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Congrats for the wonderful delivery of their gorgeous FD. Bruno has improved so much and their SBS were spot on both in the SD and FD.
I'm pleased she managed to both go easy on her ankle yet deliver the best FD this season. Too bad for the fall in the short.
Pleased also she went back to her previous light pink dress in the SD, much more elegant and on point with the swing theme.
Finally, loved they decided to keep that wonderful pose at the end of their FD, so unique.

Also where are you @Karpenko , it's been a while since you've posted. I hope you could enjoy their glorious FD yesterday.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Here's Aliona and Bruno FS at Euros, on Eurosport :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sZPzxuc6eA

A lovely performance; Sav/Mas' overall quality and maturity is so much greater than Tar/Mor. Plus T/M's FS music is not great compared to the other pairs at the top. Too 80s packaging.

Brilliant choreo, and I love the last move with Bruno lifting Aliona, and she reaching up so delicately as if for a star or an elusive OGM.

Wanna bet that pairs skaters and ice dance teams are going to want to seek out John Kerr/ Silvia Fontana for choreo (perhaps singles skaters too). Listen to the Eurosport guys praising how the choreography breathes as the music rises and falls. (BTW, similar brilliant work by Kerr/Fontana/Barrett for James/Cipres in both their sp and fs).

Last edited:

cocotaffy

It's in French, but a lovely little piece on Bruno Massot for the French TV about his move to Germany and how Aljona picked him out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g80MXyn5C54

@aftershocks I'm so glad they decide to use that last move they had taken out. Absolutely mesmerizing.

John Kerr is doing some great work and two of the teams he worked with being on the Euro podium is a well deserved achievement.

text_skate

Already posted this link on the German news thread, but here it is more appropriate. I may translate parts of it at the weekend, although the google translate is ok.

Portait on Aliona in Sächsische Zeitung (German): https://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/das-gefuehl-zu-atmen-3647120.html The feeling to breathe

It's about her life now. Past things are past. Very positive about Alexander König, her new coach: positive enrgy, her sunshine: When she is in a bad mood before training, she goes home happy after training.

Taso

It was wasn't it ? Magical, they possess that rare quality to create a special moment for the audience both in the arena and even through the screen for us at home. I'm gonna miss this program.

Have they mentioned they are getting rid of it? They only did five events with it. This is one I'd be happy to have re-used - same for Stolbova & Klimov's

cocotaffy

Have they mentioned they are getting rid of it? They only did five events with it. This is one I'd be happy to have re-used - same for Stolbova & Klimov's
No, but I've just assumed they would want to pick sg new for the Olympics. Aljona doesn't strike me as someone who would dwell long. I might be mistaken though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information