Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
RUDE. I am just as entitled to my perspective as you are. There was nothing in my post that warranted a “calm down.” I merely stated what would happen in each discipline with such a proposal, and that I would not like it. Good riddance to you.
Yep. Calm down!

Scott512

At Euros for example, 5 of the 6 of the final flight were Russian. So you would still have Russians but you would have Tuktamysheva and Khromyh instead of Ryabova and Kurakova.
That's fine. Europeans would have been benefited by having Liza or Maya too.
And it wouldn't have ruined the event. Many if not all small countries still would have competed.

Scott512

What if the extra skaters could only do the SP/SD, then the traditional 3 per country cap goes into effect for the FS?

This would be for Worlds, not Olympics.
Great idea very interesting and unique but of course the ISU won't come up with it because they do nothing and they never have a plan B.

Let's hope they have a plan B for the Grand Prix final next year. But don't hold your breath.

Scott512

That would mean 1/4 of the ladies event would be Russian women. 6 of the 24 women would be Russian (because let's face it, none of them would be cut after the short program). The entire final group of 6 women could all be Russian. That is not at all in keeping with the spirit of the international nature of the Olympics. I am glad a country is held to three entrants- it is up to the federation to decide which three are the strongest to send. I don't agree with who USFS chose for US men, but that doesn't mean I want to see 4 American men and FIVE Japanese men at the Olympics. Nor do I want 5 of the 16 pair teams (over a third of the field) to be Russian, which is what would happen. Nope. No thanks.
Well I agree with your premise to a certain degree. But the Olympic ideal and spirit died long ago. And adding tennis and golf to the Olympics and professional sports to the Olympics is proof of that. It's about competition and the best should be there. But I'm willing to compromise.

karmena

Russia does not "import" skaters. Skaters are the ones who chose to leave Russia and they FIGHT for this to happen. Take a courage to be honest at least honest towards yourself.

love_skate2011

Banned Member

Kamila is very beautiful, the prettiest yet to come out, she has a very international look
could pass in many countries.

She is athletic not as muscular as Trusova but still athletic, I hope she doesnt
become Bloated when she matures like Zagitova.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Looking at who was skating at Euros, I think skaters are now Russia's number 3 export after oil and gas.....

Anna, Sasha and Kamila are all beautiful teenagers. Zagitova is now a beautiful woman with a woman's body, she's stunning. Med is cute but her real power is being unusually articulate and well-spoken, some day that girl will be a newscaster. I hope Russia has real news by then.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...

Kamila is very beautiful, the prettiest yet to come out, she has a very international look

She is athletic not as muscular as Trusova but still athletic, I hope she doesnt
I really hope that this is just a mistranslation because 1) Zagitova is NOT bloated - she has an absolutely lovely, healthy figure, 2) young women really can't change the genes that control the size of their breasts, 3) bloating implies that this growth is "water weight" and it's not, and 4) talking about a 15-yr old's figure in this way is just disgusting and potentially horribly damaging to her self-image. This is exactly the kind of talk that leads to disordered eating.

And, for what it's worth, every single one of the young women competing for Russia are extraordinarily beautiful.

Scott512

Russia does not "import" skaters. Skaters are the ones who chose to leave Russia and they FIGHT for this to happen. Take a courage to be honest at least honest towards yourself.
The good thing about these girls who have left Russia to represent other Federations is that they get to continue their lifelong passion and their dreams and their job. If they never make it to the podiums at major competitions that's okay because they are getting to continue their careers.

canbelto

Kamila is curvy. It's very beautiful.

Sasha is built more like a traditional athlete -- all lean muscle.

Anna is the only one with the waif-like look so prized by a certain type of figure skating fan.

We should celebrate different body types.

Arch-

It was nice to see Anastasiia Gubanova again. I don't care who she represents. She didn't have a great free but there is just something silky about her. Didn't she used to have really light blond hair?

I don't pay much attention to Ice Dance but if Morisi goes another quad, Georgia also has a fairly decent pairs team too. Maybe a player in Italy 2026 team event?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
You’re new here so just letting you know that the Georgian ice dance team Kazakova/Reviya has a lot of fans here. They’ve been injured and the crud hurt their training time but believe me, they’re potentially the leading stars of a Georgian team.

Marco

Looking at all these Russian exports, I don't understand why so many people still insist on per country rules. People say they don't want the Olympics / Worlds to be another Russian Nationals. But then with so many skaters exporting, Olympics / Worlds can already be like Russian Nationals even with per country rules.

In a very extreme hypothetical, let's assume that at a pre-Olympic Worlds, Russia and 9 other countries with skaters imported from Russia have skaters placed as follows: (1+12); (2+11); 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10. That alone takes up 22 spots. Or if the medalists and rest of the top ten were each a single entry from different countries, then that's 23 spots. [so many other variations] So what Olympic spirit is there if something like this is allowed to happen?!

What sort of Olympic spirit says Tuktamysheva as the 4th Russian woman (and by all means top 5 skater in the world today) can't compete, but Gubanova as a Russian skating for Georgia can?!

screech

I do wish that world rankings would play a bit more role in determining olympics spots. I know we use Worlds placements to determine number of spots, but it would almost be nice if all top 5 in world rankings automatically qualify for the Games or something, but also incorporate the Worlds-allotted spots. If there are more than 3 from one country, all of those qualify, but no more. So for ladies that would be Scherbakova, Trusova, Tuktamysheva, Valieva, Sakamoto. That would be 4 Russians - so no more Russians, but Japan could continue to fill out its Worlds-allotted spots, with Sakamoto guaranteed.

Scott512

Looking at all these Russian exports, I don't understand why so many people still insist on per country rules. People say they don't want the Olympics / Worlds to be another Russian Nationals. But then with so many skaters exporting, Olympics / Worlds can already be like Russian Nationals even with per country rules.

In a very extreme hypothetical, let's assume that at a pre-Olympic Worlds, Russia and 9 other countries with skaters imported from Russia have skaters placed as follows: (1+12); (2+11); 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10. That alone takes up 22 spots. Or if the medalists and rest of the top ten were each a single entry from different countries, then that's 23 spots. [so many other variations] So what Olympic spirit is there if something like this is allowed to happen?!

What sort of Olympic spirit says Tuktamysheva as the 4th Russian woman (and by all means top 5 skater in the world today) can't compete, but Gubanova as a Russian skating for Georgia can?!
All true. Especially about how what kind of Olympic Spirit doesn't allow the number four skater in the world Liza in the Olympics?

If Russian Nastya goes to the Olympics representing Georgia while Russian Liza does not skate in the Olympics that's going to give Liza a weird feeling. Nastya is taking advantage of the rules.

People get upset with me when I say figure skating should like tennis and golf use the ranking system decide who goes to what events people have a fit and disagree and I'm like okay then like the grand prix eason decide what country that dominates a discipline like Russia in ladies and pairs and Japan in men can earn an extra spot or two at major events that season following the Grand Prix season. That formula makes the most sense and won't hurt the small countries.

I believe in the lady's discipline at the European championships there were thirty-six entries and only three from Russia that's a joke when did Russia probably has the top eight or nine lady skaters in the world in Europe.

Last edited:

Scott512

It was nice to see Anastasiia Gubanova again. I don't care who she represents. She didn't have a great free but there is just something silky about her. Didn't she used to have really light blond hair?

I don't pay much attention to Ice Dance but if Morisi goes another quad, Georgia also has a fairly decent pairs team too. Maybe a player in Italy 2026 team event?
In juniors Nastyas hair was blonder. Although I think dark blond or light brunette is probably her natural color. But I liked it when she was blond because almost all the Russian girls are brunettes.

Georgia will be in the team event at this year's Olympics. It will be incredible experience for Nastya and all of them. Georgia is building for the future with a lot of Russians.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Anna is the only one with the waif-like look so prized by a certain type of figure skating fan.

We should celebrate different body types.
As should you and everyone else, no? Every. single. time. this comes up, someone either tells a story about how her mother is also very petite, or how X poster was also very tiny regardless of what they ate or how much they did/didn't exercise because that was their body type. But then it circles back to claims that she's starved.

Scott512

Bruh bruh! You were doing okay up until you mentioned Alina! :eek: You've mentioned this about AZ being bloatef before and it's triggered people here and you've been pounded and then you go and send it again. Bruh! Alina is nothing close to being bloated. She just doesn't do those 12-hour training days 6 days a week anymore so she's added some as I call it a little healthy weight and normal weight. I believe that's completely normal and it happens to almost all figure skaters who once they stop their incredible training programs.

canbelto

As should you and everyone else, no? Every. single. time. this comes up, someone either tells a story about how her mother is also very petite, or how X poster was also very tiny regardless of what they ate or how much they did/didn't exercise because that was their body type. But then it circles back to claims that she's starved.

WTF? I'm not making a judgment call on Anna or anyone else. Just saying that the three top Eteri girls are quite different in builds.

Scott512

I think Anna looks a little bigger than she did a couple years ago. I do believe she's naturally slender like Zhenya. Many of the lady skaters are this way and if you fed them pies and cake McDonald's and Burger King for a month they probably wouldn't put on much weight. I also believe a lot of this comes down to metabolism I am sure. Anna and Zhenya may have a super fast metabolism and burn calories fast. We should all be so lucky.

I don't think anyone talks about the TT ladies being starved anymore. I mean Sasha and KV are power houses. Those two phenoms need to eat a good amount of food to fuel the power they need to do what they do.

Last edited:

becca

In juniors Nastyas hair was blonder. Although I think dark blond or light brunette is probably her natural color. But I liked it when she was blond because almost all the Russian girls are brunettes.

Georgia will be in the team event at this year's Olympics. It will be incredible experience for Nastya and all of them. Georgia is building for the future with a lot of Russians.
I wonder how many nationals will know be scoping at Russias Junior nationals for talent?

I don’t know how I feel about that because it is in a lot of ways taking away the work a nation did development wise.

Although I am glad the girls are getting opportunities.

I do think the Japanese and Koreans are in a good place with development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information