Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympic

So what do you propose? That all the skaters lock themselves up, all the competitions are cancelled until the whole thing is over?
Omicron is penetrating the immunity of people who either have been vaccinated or infected by a previous variant. Viruses mutate and the codes change so to speak, so a new virus will sneak past defenses.

No. Skaters should not lock themselves up as you say, but watching RUS nationals, I noticed the lack of masks and the crowds, and I was wondering when we would start to see a list of infected athletes. They are playing with fire and should find a way like other nations to compete safely - mandatory masking, spacing, limiting crowds, no offer of amenities, etc.

pointbleu

So what do you propose? That all the skaters lock themselves up, all the competitions are cancelled until the whole thing is over?
Just taking care of not getting the virus while having huge family gatherings for Christmas. That’s what I have in mind. I don’t know anything about cv and restricting measures in Russia. All I can say is that after seeing the number of withdrawals at the US and Canadian nationals, I just hope the same will not happen among the Russian skating community, known for not always following the sanitary guidelines. I don’t care they have a mild form of it or just being asymptomatic, they still have to provide two negative PCR tests.

(That brings us to how a test can be falsified but that’s another topic)

olympic

Just taking care of not getting the ***** while having huge family gatherings for Christmas. That’s what I have in mind. I don’t know anything about cv and restricting measures in Russia. All I can say is that after seeing the number of withdrawals at the US and Canadian nationals, I just hope the same will not happen among the Russian skating community, known for not always following the sanitary guidelines. I don’t care they have a mild form of it or just being asymptomatic, they still have to provide two negative PCR tests.

(That brings us to how a test can be falsified but that’s another topic)
Let's say RUS (or anyone else) falsifies YKW tests. Don't the athletes have to test once they arrive in CHN?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Let's say RUS (or anyone else) falsifies YKW tests. Don't the athletes have to test once they arrive in CHN?
Yes but exactly who (analysts of which country) will have control over tests & results? That’s the $64k question.

hanca

Values her privacy
I think they will have to do tests while they are in China, so there is no point for Russia to falsify the tests. On the other hand, if China falsify the tests of Chinese skaters…. After all, the tests will be done in China, and surely it is not harder to falsify C0vid test than falsify dates of birth on a passport.

hanca

Values her privacy
I would think so. I hope so.
That is said, you can falsify your own test by putting Vaseline into your nostrils…
Forget about doping, the main thing will be about C-testing 😉🙃
Would that work though? I thought that’s why there is the control line to check whether the test has been working.

pointbleu

Would that work though? I thought that’s why there is the control line to check whether the test has been working.
That’s what people do to make sure they get on the plane… Believe me that if a sponsored state sport system is in place, their scientists are at work trying to find a way. If laymen got the Vaseline idea, I guess there are more options unknown.

Sorry, I feel like the evil in people surge when high stakes are at risks. Maybe I have too much time on my own to think… 😈

Arch-

:lol: I asked you a question. I wasn't trying to answer yours. Do you have ANY idea what is even going on here? I can't.
So I do feel like I undervalued & interpreted your and Karen-W replies in a more harsh manner than you both probably deserved and I super apologize. I was very naive regarding RUS c-19 response.

I very recently retired after 21 years as a ballet dancer. Successful enough to rent a 600sqft apt in NYC alone. Lol.

During c-19 company paid core and directorial staff quarantined together in the company's studio building. It was interesting/fun/intense/crazy busy bc no matter where u sleep it is literally a hallway or a floor away from a studio & "downtime' is inherently zero.

Unfortunately, there was not much talk (or honestly, want) or normal upkeep of world news other than from other Company member's and families. Especially being a male, bc female dancers are crazy and want to work pas de deux ALL THE Fn TIME. Even after the lockdown it has been a 24/7 hustle.

What I didn't really realize or maybe comprehend until recently was how 'controversial' Russia's methods of the prevention of spreading c-19 & recommendations. They actually were holding summer oly trials and multiple skating live competitions w spectators??? Who could take off their masks once they entered the building. That's nuts. No wonder you all took issue with my 'did it right' comment. Lol. Literally my bad.

I was assuming RUS wouldn't send their top athletes to EURO's 3 weeks before Beijing. That was stupid of me. I should have known better just from history alone. I forget EURO's is perceived as much more prestigious to RUS than Four Continents is to USA. Dumb.

trouble77

Banned Member
So I do feel like I undervalued & interpreted your and Karen-W replies in a more harsh manner than you both probably deserved and I super apologize. I was very naive regarding RUS c-19 response.

I very recently retired after 21 years as a ballet dancer. Successful enough to rent a 600sqft apt in NYC alone. Lol.

During c-19 company paid core and directorial staff quarantined together in the company's studio building. It was interesting/fun/intense/crazy busy bc no matter where u sleep it is literally a hallway or a floor away from a studio & "downtime' is inherently zero.

Unfortunately, there was not much talk (or honestly, want) or normal upkeep of world news other than from other Company member's and families. Especially being a male, bc female dancers are crazy and want to work pas de deux ALL THE F I forget EURO's is perceived as much more prestigious to RUS than Four Continents is to USA. Dumb.

Unfortunately, there was not much talk (or honestly, want) or normal upkeep of world news other than from other Company member's and families. Especially being a male, bc female dancers are crazy and want to work pas de deux ALL THE Fn TIME. Even after the lockdown it has been a 24/7 hustle.

What I didn't really realize or maybe comprehend until recently was how 'controversial' Russia's methods of the prevention of spreading c-19 & recommendations. They actually were holding summer oly trials and multiple skating live competitions w spectators??? Who could take off their masks once they entered the building. That's nuts. No wonder you all took issue with my 'did it right' comment. Lol. Literally my bad.

I was assuming RUS wouldn't send their top athletes to EURO's 3 weeks before Beijing. That was stupid of me. I should have known better just from history alone. I forget EURO's is perceived as much more prestigious to RUS than Four Continents is to USA. Dumb.
Both competitions are prestigious, but Euros is older and more established. Four Continents is the equivalent of Euros, minus European skaters.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Anyone who dismisses Trusova DOESNT have a mental block with the triple axel
can go watch her morning practice.

At least its NOT a deep hole to dig like if Scherbakova doesnt land a quad tomorrow and gets out of podium
Tuk might have been hoping a scenario where a council decision or skate off would be made after Euros.

Last edited:

Scott512

Tests once they get to Beijing will not be able to be falsified. I read there are daily PCR tests.
PCR tests can take days. It would be interesting and dramatic if a positive PCR test comes back after someone won a gold medal. What are they going to do? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Scott512

How concerned should we be about Sasha and Anna struggling in the SP?

Any news on if KV and the Russian Figure Skating Olympic team is vaccinated?

They won't have any fun in Beijing they will have to probably stay in the bubble and maybe that will increase their chances of testing negative.

And wouldn't it be interesting if China is doing better with Omicron than the rest of the world is?

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
How concerned should we be about Sasha and Anna struggling in the SP?

Any news on if KV and the Russian Figure Skating Olympic team is vaccinated?

They won't have any fun in Beijing they will have to probably stay in the bubble and maybe that will increase their chances of testing negative.

And wouldn't it be interesting if China is doing better with. Omicron than the rest of the world is?
China with zero covid rule wont work, the world is getting immunity while China is being left behind with temporaray solution of city lockdowns.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Yes, you should definitely give it up if it is negatively affecting your health - we won't mind.
Actually its more of a mind problem for Trusova, an unhealthy obsession

She has a Mental Block with the triple axel jump.

A Kryptonite, a weakness that many will know is hard to swallow.

Scott512

Anna needs a really good free skate to get her head right for the Olympics.

She is the most stable of the Russian skaters since Medvedeva. Seeing her make mistakes in programs it's becoming alarming and it's getting into her head according to her comments after her skate today.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
So what does Anna need to do to clinch her spot for Beijing?
I think She needs a podium finish, preferably a commanding score in the FS that means landing a quad jump.

A Nightmare scenario would be her losing bronze to Hendrickx
and council decsision or skate off between her and Tuk

Arch-

First, I think Valieva would medal, if not win, at the Olympics in the men's singles if the short's rules and scoring were the same.
I think She needs a podium finish, preferably a commanding score in the FS that means landing a quad jump.

A Nightmare scenario would be her losing bronze to Hendrickx
and council decsision or skate off between her and Tuk
I really do feel that Rusfed will think anything other than a sweep, even in the short, at EURO's will be unacceptable. Anna has 4 skaters w/in 5 points of her. I think she and Trusova are in trouble and neither one are locks.

If they do not sweep the final podium, there won't even be a skate off. The one off the podium will be replaced. Tuk is way too consistent and a lock for at least an Oly bronze. For them to even chance one of the others to have a bad week is too risky for that fed. Even when they made her skate off against Medvedeva for the world's team, under all that pressure, she still hit. Only the federation beat her...and she is also the current World silver medalist.

I am aware that the popular opinion is that Trusova is consistent enough but my opinion is the exact opposite. I'd like to see her skate a clean Sr competition internationally. She never has. For someone who hasn't won a senior Grand Prix Final, European or world title that she has competed in she given way too much credit. The only time Tuk missed a tA all year was at Rus Nats, and she competed in two GP.

I'd like to see a skate off with independent ISU accredited figure skating judges. National competitions mean nothing imo. The last time that happened was 2021 World's and Anya & Tuk beat Trusova. Before that was Euros and Anya & Anna beat Trusova. The only person to be Tuk internationally this year is Valieva.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Well. The RusFed will never do a skateoff with an international panel of judges and even if they did it would just be a bunch of Eastern European judges they bring in to do their bidding and make it appear on the up and up. It saves so much time to just do what they want and not bother with a skateoff.

Having said that, I would be very concerned that Shcherbakova's injury has not fully healed and she is absolutely vulnerable to giving up the sweep if she skates like she has several times this season - 2 bad FS (Budapest Trophy & Rus Nats) & 2 bad SP (GP Italia & Euros).

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Trusova never skates clean but her base value warrants her being selected
because a fall in SP wth triple axel and if she lands just 3 quads is enough for an Olympics medal.

Arch-

Trusova never skates clean but her base value warrants her being selected
because a fall in SP wth triple axel and if she lands just 3 quads is enough for an Olympics medal.
Yeah I get that argument. She also normally even rotates them clean even if she falls. That being said, the same argument can be said about 5 different sr RUS, right? Including Tuk? In major Sr international events (Euro/WC, never been in a sr GPF), Trusova has lost to more Russians then she beats. She is 0-1 agnst Tuk and 0-2 agnst Anya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information