Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
she might need to land at least one axel in a real competition to get over the mental blocks

Rika, Alena, La Tuk, Alisa, Kamila and Sofia A have all landed theirs.
Yes, they did, but did either of them land five quads? What’s the maximum of quads in any program they actually landed? I am pretty sure that her base value is highest than their base values, so why are you so obsessed with one particular jump?

ETA: you are, I hope, aware that a landed quad has a higher value than triple axel? And that having landed five quads, she managed to get ahead of all those you mentioned? She doesn’t have to worry about what other skaters can land. She has to worry about landing cleanly the jumps she can do; if she lands them cleanly, she won!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I just saw this (Cross posting from KnC) -

Interestingly, the skate order sheet makes absolutely no mention of Trusova...no WD withdrawal note...clearly indicates Tuk as being in 1st (as if she won the SP).

Column for ranks in the SP, among the top 3 in the final group for the FS:

1. Tuk
2. Yametova
3. Sviridenko

Odd. I’m wondering if Trusova might have been disqualified for some registration technicality that was caught too late, after the SP event? She wasn’t in the original list of competitors & was added only a couple of days ago, after her return to Russia from USA.

By the way, she & Dani G, who accompanied her, were all jolly & hugging the plush dolls given by fans, while awaiting scores. No indication of injury or pain. Something happened later.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I just saw this (Cross posting from KnC) -

Interestingly, the skate order sheet makes absolutely no mention of Trusova...no WD withdrawal note...clearly indicates Tuk as being in 1st (as if she won the SP).

Column for ranks in the SP, among the top 3 in the final group for the FS:

1. Tuk
2. Yametova
3. Sviridenko

Odd. I’m wondering if Trusova might have been disqualified for some registration technicality that was caught too late? She wasn’t in the original list of competitors & was added only a couple of days ago, after her return to Russia from USA.
Sometimes a skater in Russian domestic competitions competes ‘off competition’. They compete with all the others, they get their score but they don’t get the ranking. It can be if someone wanted the tech spec to check out their program, maybe they have done some changes and wanted to know how it would be marked. Or if the federation insist on seeing someone to skate, for example when deciding about assignments. I am wondering whether Trusova’s coaches asked the federation to allow her to try her SP for whatever reason.

Frau Muller

Sometimes a skater in Russian domestic competitions competes ‘off competition’. They compete with all the others, they get their score but they don’t get the ranking. It can be if someone wanted the tech spec to check out their program, maybe they have done some changes and wanted to know how it would be marked. Or if the federation insist on seeing someone to skate, for example when deciding about assignments. I am wondering whether Trusova’s coaches asked the federation to allow her to try her SP for whatever reason.
Thanks for this. I’m wondering - it could be that.

Something similar happens in the US at the summer club events, such as when a skater purposely skates only one program...but not in the autumn qualifiers for Nationals, which I thought was the idea behind the Russian Cup Series.

We’ll find out soon enough.

hanca

Values her privacy
Thanks for this. I’m wondering - it could be that.

Something similar happens in the US at the summer club events, such as when a skater purposely skates only one program...but not in the autumn qualifiers for Nationals, which I thought was the idea behind the Russian Cup Series.

We’ll find out soon enough.
The idea behind Russian cups is to qualify for the nationals, but if a skater was already qualified (through having a GP event) and just needed someone knowledgeable to critique one program, it wouldn’t make any difference for them to allow her to skate ‘out of competition’. And someone who has who has her level of skating and as important coach and Tutberidze is, I am pretty sure the federation would bend backwards to help if Tutberidze asked on her behalf. It doesn’t cause them any difficulty, the judges would just mark an extra program. Realistically, it is much more time effective for judges to check the program in a competition (where the judges are already present anyway) than being invited (and travel) to Tutberidze’s rink to look at one short program.

Frau Muller

The idea behind Russian cups is to qualify for the nationals, but if a skater was already qualified (through having a GP event) and just needed someone knowledgeable to critique one program, it wouldn’t make any difference for them to allow her to skate ‘out of competition’. And someone who has who has her level of skating and as important coach and Tutberidze is, I am pretty sure the federation would bend backwards to help if Tutberidze asked on her behalf. It doesn’t cause them any difficulty, the judges would just mark an extra program. Realistically, it is much more time effective for judges to check the program in a competition (where the judges are already present anyway) than being invited (and travel) to Tutberidze’s rink to look at one short program.

As per this document of entries, Trusova began the competition as one of 16 competitors. Nothing indicates a different status.

(Contestant #12)

Just pointing out to show the facts. I have no reason to try to put Trusova down and, in fact, started and maintain her cheer thread in the TC subforum here. :)

I sincerely hope that it’s as you think - that she simply wanted to run her SP past judges or such and had no intention of truly competing; hence, Tuktamysheva being the true winner of the SP all along.

To sleep for me. It’s been a long day with Nebelhorn, JGP, this.

hanca

Values her privacy
As per this document of entries, Trusova began the competition as one of 16 competitors. Nothing indicates a different status.
just to clarify, I don’t have any secret source information, I only wrote that I am aware that sometimes the Russian federation allow a skater to skate ‘out of competition’. I have no idea whether that’s Trusova’s case on this occasion or not. However, the fact that Trusova is listed as one of the competitors on the entry list doesn’t prove anything because that would be the case even if the idea was that she wouldn’t be counted. They still want to mark her, so she still would be in the table. Just in their records suddenly she won’t have the place and the places (order) of the competitors under her would move up.

Frau Muller

just to clarify, I don’t have any secret source information, I only wrote that I am aware that sometimes the Russian federation allow a skater to skate ‘out of competition’. I have no idea whether that’s Trusova’s case on this occasion or not. However, the fact that Trusova is listed as one of the competitors on the entry list doesn’t prove anything because that would be the case even if the idea was that she wouldn’t be counted. They still want to mark her, so she still would be in the table. Just in their records suddenly she won’t have the place and the places (order) of the competitors under her would move up.
I totally understand. That’s why I wrote “your thoughts”...”I hope that your thoughts are correct” on the possibility of why she only did the SP here.

hanca

Values her privacy
I totally understand. That’s why I wrote “your thoughts”...”I hope that your thoughts are correct” on the possibility of why she only did the SP here.
There may be also plenty of other explanations why she withdrew. Obviously injury is one of them, but I could also imagine a situation where Trusova is arguing with Tutberidze whether to put her 3A into her GP programs or not (Tutberidze would want her to play it safe and Trusova would want to risk it) and the way to resolve the discussion could be Tutberidze saying ‘fine, I am happy you to go for it, if you land it clean at least once in a small home competition before the GP event’. That would also be a good enough reason for Trusova to enter to competition, do her SP and withdraw, because she has no need to do the whole competition- she has qualified for the nationals through having GP events and there is nothing to gain by getting a gold medal from home competition Russian Cup.

hanca

Values her privacy
Trusova withdrew because of vague “medical reasons” but she is actually in Moscow now attending the Sambo celebration in Kremlin.

Looks like it is planned decision that she is only doing short program here. Maybe testing the 3A again.
Well, I guess she couldn’t withdraw because she wanted to attend celebration. So ‘medical reasons’ without specifying could be used to cover any reason.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I think having traveled for an entire day, twice in a week, to a totally different time zone, less than a week ago qualifies as a vague medical reason to me. Let the girl sleep, for crying out loud.
still not landing a single triple axel in an actual competition sticks like a sore thumb.
I think this will define Trusova's career can she land a triple axel or not, Not only in practice jumps and trainings.

shall we start calling it Trusova's curse ?
like the infamous stepsisters and nepo team now being popularized in this forum.

ETA: La Tuk just landed two triple axels held in obscure domestic russian cup competition
why cant Trusova land a single one ?

Last edited:

kalle

I believe in Trusova and the 3A. It started to look good in practice with Plushy and even better now when she is back with Eteri. Of course, it is a mental hurdle but either they take it out from the SP or, she continue to attempt it until she lands it in competition. I don't know how many failed attempts we saw from Mirai until she finally landed it when it counted the most.
I am more worried for Trusova to keep it all together mentally wise when it comes to the LP.
It would be very BIG to see her skate clean at least at one major competition. I really hope so after all her efforts over the years with the quads.

Frau Muller

Congrats to Russians finishing 1 - 2 at the JGP #5 in Ljubljana!

Gold to Team Eteri’s mesmerizing Adeliia Petrosian

Silver to Davydov’s Sofia Samodelkina

love_skate2011

Banned Member
so how will the qualifying be counted ?
where are all the japanese ladies ?

I hope Samodelkina still qualifies, she would have won without the fall on her quad.
I think extra 2 spots for the highest ranking score is what they will do.

Petrosyan
Thorngren

*Akatieva
*Zhilina
* Levito

• Zinina
  • Muravieva

+ Samodelkina

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
so how will the qualifying be counted ?
where are all the japanese ladies ?

I hope Samodelkina still qualifies, she would have won without the fall on her quad.
I think extra 2 spots for the highest ranking score is what they will do.

Petrosyan
Thorngren

*Akatieva
*Zhilina
* Levito

• Zinina
  • Muravieva

+ Samodelkina
Ted made it very clear last week during the Krasnoyarsk commentary that the ISU hasn't figured out how they will determine the JGP Finalists yet. Pairs should be straightforward enough as none of the 4 designated events were impacted by Russian skaters not being able to attend. The other three disciplines - harder to say what will happen. My guess is that, depending on how the placements go, we're likely to see the gold medalists from all 7 events plus one additional skater.

Japan is not sending any skaters to the JGP this year due to the travel restrictions in place when people return to Japan right now.

Your first five seem pretty likely. Petrosian and Thorngren each have a 1st & 3rd from their GP assignments. Akateva, Zhilina and Levito - at least one of them will wind up with no better than a 1st & 2nd in their GP assignments since Akateva & Zhilina are assigned to the same event. Levito and Zinina will meet at JGP Austria and, assuming they finish 1-2 in some order, both will probably assure their JGPF invitations.

Muravieva... Well, right now, Muravieva doesn't have a second assignment - I think she'll wind up with JGP Austria since Samodelkina is still listed on that entry list but she's already had 2 events.

I don't see any way that Samodelkina doesn't make the JGPF with her 2nd & 3rd since her total score is well above Kaiya Ruiter who also has a 2nd & 3rd in her two JGP events. Even if Muravieva & Zinina finish 2-3 in some order behind Levito at JGP Austria, Samodelkina is still in a strong position to grab one of the last 2 spots. Right now, I'd say that Kaiya Ruiter has to be hoping that Muravieva doesn't get a 2nd assignment.

Frau Muller

It should be based on total scores - the six highest JGP total-score finishers. Sweet & simple. Of course, that may result in six Russians...or five Russians + one USA (Levito).

love_skate2011

Banned Member
It should be based on total scores - the six highest JGP total-score finishers. Sweet & simple. Of course, that may result in six Russians...or five Russians + one USA (Levito).
medal has to be counted not only the highest score

They can use the same medal ranking qualification as per ISU junior rules
+ 2 extra spot (highest score) because some skating federations were impacted from the two JGP events.

Highly likely 4/6 russian + 2 american

Karen-W

No, it shouldn't because you can't compare scores across events. Right now, I'm sure the ISU is hoping that they have 6 gold medalists across the 7 events so they can just say "gold medalists get to go" and be done with it. Probably the same is true for dance and men right now also. Pairs - they'll use the points system they've used in the past.

Frau Muller

No, it shouldn't because you can't compare scores across events. Right now, I'm sure the ISU is hoping that they have 6 gold medalists across the 7 events so they can just say "gold medalists get to go" and be done with it. Probably the same is true for dance and men right now also. Pairs - they'll use the points system they've used in the past.
NO. It must be the best with highest points and not reward relative mediocrity.

Karen-W

NO. It must be the best with highest points and not reward relative mediocrity.
Well, but by your reasoning, the Russian skaters are going to be rewarded because of their vaccine developers' mediocre test data and clinical analysis that has put WHO and the French government in the position of not approving the Sputnik vaccine for use in the EU. Because that's the whole reason the Russian skaters couldn't skate in either of the Courchevel JGPs.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
well some events have lower scores from lack of entries
so kind of unfair if just the six events medalists will be considered, a room for compromise

They should go with : JGP medals ranking as per ISU rules + 2 extra (highest score ISU JGP 201-22 season).

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Well, but by your reasoning, the Russian skaters are going to be rewarded because of their vaccine developers' mediocre test data and clinical analysis that has put WHO and the French government in the position of not approving the Sputnik vaccine for use in the EU. Because that's the whole reason the Russian skaters couldn't skate in either of the Courchevel JGPs.
its not the vaccines fault, its the per country regulations. Stop putting everything about vaccines
and your free endorsement from these pharma jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information