RPDR Season 13

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I mean, that wouldn't have been my double shantay.... especially with a messy performance like that. But surely Ru knows that's where the only potential drama remains.

Internet is going to explode.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I mean, that wouldn't have been my double shantay.... especially with a messy performance like that. But surely Ru knows that's where the only potential drama remains.

Internet is going to explode.
But why?!?!?!?! Why keep her?!? She's not even talented

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Today I was with Kandy, Symone basically posed,stood still and made her usual and constant faces/hands/finger pointing

Good win for Rose

Tina Burner, don't know what to say but her looks are so messy and she reminds me soooo much of Alexis Michelle

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Tina Burner, don't know what to say but her looks are so messy and she reminds me soooo much of Alexis Michelle
I know I’m really old, but she reminds me of drag Milton Berle, a comedian from the 1950s who used drag often. He clearly looked like a guy dressed as a woman which made the comedy funnier than if the illusion worked.

Please, someone, get Kandy off my screen. I prefer to be entertained.

mackiecat

In both Kandy’s lip synch for your life, she clearly does not know the words to the sounds. She just opens her mouth big and closes it. This weeks runway was An improvement but she was so bad in the earlier episodes and really never marked down for it

FiveRinger

That's it. I'm done watching this season. This is a farce. Kandy is an imposter and has no business on this show. And she knows it. That's where all of that bravado comes from.

And this week is no elimination after the first 3 episodes everyone was safe? I'll stick with UK. Season 13 is trash.

The thing that is really starting to make me mad is this: thinking about it, how many of these challenges do you think Ru would be successful at?

Last edited:

Lemonade20

That's it. I'm done watching this season. This is a farce. Kandy is an imposter and has no business on this show. Abd she knows it. That's where all of that bravado comes from.

And this week is no elimination after the first 3 episodes everyone was safe? I'll stick with UK. Season 13 is trash.

The thing that is really starting to make me mad is thus: thinking about it, how many of these challenges do you think Ru would be successful at?
Good point, I kind of wish Ru Paul was more involved in the challenges. Like show them how he does it!

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
If we are talking about UK Season 2 here, Snatch Game wasn't bad. Bimini bon Boulash's Katie Price was hysterical and her runway was fabulous.

Aceon6

Dafuq? Did they have a break in filming? Or are they just pushing the show out to have more new content for the streaming service Paramount Plus (fka CBS All Access) that launches next week?

tony

The cast being stronger than it has in recent years, I thought Snatch Game was going to be amazing. Nope. Terrible. Only three were good, one played herself (who else besides Kandy), one was an odd choice, one was meh, and three were terrible. I don't really disagree with the bottom two or who went home, but this was a more worthy double shantay than last week IMO, but the person who left doesn't really have the strong presence to stay around so it's no surprise.

I still think the very clear top 3 after all these weeks are Rose, Symone, and probably Gottmik as the absolute frontrunner. Tina continues to really do very little for me, and Olivia and/or Utica seem destined for 5th and 6th places as the quirky one and the fan fave. I want Denali to be there at the end, but I just don't see it happening based on the edit and the storylines we've seen to this point. I fully expect Kandy to be there at the end, and have thought so since the Tamisha drama started. :shuffle:

mackiecat

I thought there weee some strong snatch games. Mainly JVN, Mary. Paris and Tubman was interesting. Snatch game always has some duds and this year was no exception

tony

I thought there weee some strong snatch games. Mainly JVN, Mary. Paris and Tubman was interesting. Snatch game always has some duds and this year was no exception
Paris really was by far the best IMO, and JVN and Mary were great as well. But three of them were cringe straight through, not even one funny bit. Kandy put no effort into being a different character, she was just being herself (even if Patrick really is that way). Usually theres one, maybe two kinda duds, but those four were all pretty bad, and Tina didn't really match Richard Simmons at all. For as confident as she always seems to be, she's always overshadowed by much stronger performances in just about everything on the show.

PS- Raven was having none of most of that. Her facial expressions were very telling ;)

mackiecat

I agree @tony Kandy amuse was just being herself and really received no critics for it. other Queens have been called out for that but not Kandy. Olivia, and Elliott were cringy. I’m still puzzled about Utica, I expected more but she is a different duck.

Aceon6

Having 9 queens made my head hurt. That said, I’m probably not qualified to judge how well the queens do with the more contemporary snatches, but to my eyes and ears, there should have been a bottom 5 and I would have included Tina and Kandy. As for the sashay, it was overdue.

mackiecat

Why has no one done Tonya Harding. So many props, so many classic moves. Smoking using inhaler, walking stick, outfit falling apart, skate lace broken

antmanb

Yeah I thought that was the worst Snatch Game in a very long time. Three standouts holding it up but the rest was cringe.

And i'm totally over the the fact that half of them were playing men just because there have been some standout performances as men and they've won. They seriously need to rethink it.

Is there a separate thread for the the UK season 2?

tony

Well that sucked. Your partner screws up and you go home instead of them?
Yeah for real. She looked pretty bad and it was out of her control. And of course, the double shantay could've even happened here but nope. Not surprised at this flow of the season, Denali really disappeared into the background edit-wise after the big moment.

Is there any doubt now that the final 4 are Rose, Symone, Gottmik, and Kandy?

tony

I’d switch out Kandy for Olivia For top 4
Olivia seemed so destined for Miss Congeniality based on her edit in the beginning. I think she will still end up getting it honestly, which most likely means she's falling just short of the finale if the show hasn't decided to switch up their typical formula.

Wouldn't mind to be wrong, though, but I just think all signs point to Kandy being around in the end.

Aceon6

We’re stuck with Kandy, like a lollipop on upholstery. I’m thinking Ru wants someone who is Vegas ready, so that would favor Rose and Symone. Gottmik might be a great statement, but I don’t think he’s that much of an entertainer.

mackiecat

I was thinking Utica for congenial. They queens have commented On how nice she is and she really likes to help out

skateboy

I've developed a soft spot for Utica. She may not end up in the top four, but I'm rooting for her. She killed it with Symone. As for Kandy, I'm ready for her to go... yesterday.

antmanb

What annoyed me most about the judges critiques were things like "that doesn't read as X's brand" but every single picture showed the original queen in the outfit so it's not like they had never worn the outfit, and just because the judges don't or do recognise it as a brand who cares? The make over show is always sooooooo subjective and the critiques are a total nonsense depending on which queen they like and which they don't.

And why was Kandy paired with Gotmik? Because it was the only sure fire way to make sure Kandy got through since she's the weakest queen of all of them :rolleyes:

Mr Antmanb refuses to give up on the show but if it were down to me I think i'd have stopped watching this series a couple of episodes back.

FiveRinger

And why was Kandy paired with Gotmik? Because it was the only sure fire way to make sure Kandy got through since she's the weakest queen of all of them :rolleyes:
Yes, I'm over it. I check Wikipedia after the show to see who won/lost and I'll check YouTube to watch the runway. Beyond that, I don't have much interest. From the lack of eliminations to the obvious favoritism, this season is a total bust.

Onto other news....Bianca del Rio has a new podcast! I haven't listened to it yet, but I've seen her on YouTube on other queens' shows and she's hysterical. I left a link to her website, but I'm sure she can be found in all of the regular podcast streaming services.

Bianca's Podcast

antmanb

I find that I often have a really strong reaction against Ru's favourites. On the UK show i'm totally over Lawrence Cheney mostly because Ru has been so skewed to towards him that it feels like it's totally stacked against the other queens. I hope Bimini can pull off the win.

Lemonade20

I find that I often have a really strong reaction against Ru's favourites. On the UK show i'm totally over Lawrence Cheney mostly because Ru has been so skewed to towards him that it feels like it's totally stacked against the other queens. I hope Bimini can pull off the win.
I agree, Bimini is so talented!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information