Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara Manatee

There's a huge list of things they can't eat.
Those articles, though, describe that "forbidden" foods are either things that the Queen's chefs don't cook because she dislikes them, or that are discouraged on tour because they might cause illness. In their own homes or on their own time the royals can double-fist garlic pizza and shrimp curry and wash it all down with ditch water if they want.

MLIS

Actually there is. There's a huge list of things they can't eat. They can't eat garlic and onions, shell fish, pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, tomato sauce, spicy foods, foreign foods, foie gras. They also are not allowed to eat anything with their hands.

Sorry, those articles are nonsense. They avoid certain foods that can cause trouble — indigestion, food poisoning, gas, odours, mess — especially when travelling or they will be meeting a lot of people. Seems sensible to me. The articles use words like “forbidden” and “banned” but that’s just to sound more sensational. If Meghan Markle really had to give up cooking with garlic in her own home the minute she became a royal, I’ll eat my hat.

Last edited:

Lynn226

If this article is correct, then the Cambridge kids know how to cook cheesy pasta. I think the list of "forbidden" foods could possibly be for engagements only and/or the preferences of HMQ. I know there are a few things I don't care to eat in public.

cygnus

Actually there is. There's a huge list of things they can't eat. They can't eat garlic and onions, shell fish, pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, tomato sauce, spicy foods, foreign foods, foie gras. They also are not allowed to eat anything with their hands.

These lists are pretty much made up. They can eat whatever they want, and the Queen has no say in it. There may be certain things that are not generally approved for state and formal dinners- things which are messy and such. But a general google of state dinner menus will show that rice and potatoes are served all the time, and that's just the start of your list.

MLIS

A quick Google image search for “royals eating” will also turn up all kinds of photos of them eating with their hands on public engagements.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
In Berlin, it's common to start counting with your thumb, so if you want to display the number three, you'd have thumb, forefinger and middle finger up. I knew there was a reason :p
Yes but he didn't have the thumb or forefinger up. So what he was doing isn't clear.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I start with my thumb to count, but if I'm ordering one, I'd use my pointer finger with the rest of my fingers closed, for two, I'd make a "V" with my pointer and middle fingers, etc. and I've been told that this means two or three, because the thumb is one and the pointer finger is two (and the middle finger is three).

More beer for me!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Regardless of which digit on my hand I start to count with, I would hate to have every picture ever taken of me to receive that great of inspection/attention.

Knowing that there are probably billion pictures of William by paparazzi, individuals (for supposedly private use), official photos etc. there are plenty of opportunities to find some potentially offensive.

Japanfan

I have never eaten a pizza or a grilled cheese in bed or bedroom. Am I missing something? :confused:

I should have said the Queen's suites, rather than her bedroom. I'm sure she has an eating area in her living area. I imagined her eating pizza at a table, not literally in her bed.

But eating pizza in the bed with the right person might be quite okay!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I should have said the Queen's suites, rather than her bedroom. I'm sure she has an eating area in her living area. I imagined her eating pizza at a table, not literally in her bed.

But eating pizza in the bed with the right person might be quite okay!
It might be ok for you and I....but I am sure that the rules, customs, that the Queen adopted years and years ago would preclude eating pizza in bed.

Japanfan

It might be ok for you and I....but I am sure that the rules, customs, that the Queen adopted years and years ago would preclude eating pizza in bed.
I do hope that the Royal Family doesn't have rules about what its members do in the intimacy and privacy of their apartments.

Breakfast in bed used to be common among the British aristocracy, but that may have changed.

But yes - the idea of the Queen eating pizza in bed (my silly idea) does seem ridiculous.

MsZem

I see the sea
William and Harry unveiled their mother's statue today.
Statement here.

puglover

Beautiful monument to a great woman. Call me a sceptic but I can't see how this says anything about the relationship between the two brothers. I wish people would stop assuming that because they can stand together for a common love and passion that solves it all. I truly hope there is a road forward for them and I believe Diana would have wanted that above all else. I just think it is now a very complicated scenario that will take time to heal, if at all possible.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Um-----kind odd. I know she is known for many things.....but those two random children are puzzling. Had it been three kids or 5 it would have communicated more easily. I kept wondering which of the boys had the long hair!

Parsley Sage

Um-----kind odd. I know she is known for many things.....but those two random children are puzzling. Had it been three kids or 5 it would have communicated more easily. I kept wondering which of the boys had the long hair!
There are 3 kids. There is a 2nd boy behind the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information