Roll call - who's going?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Any tips for us newbies?
Try to attend as many practices as you can.
Bring a collapsible water bottle and put snacks in your coat and any other pockets you may have. Between my coat and sweatshirt, I have lots of space. Take only the essentials in your purse.
Bring a large plastic bag to use to store your coat, gloves and other stuff under your seat.
Make sure your phone is fully charged and bring a backup charger if you have one.
Open the wedgie page and FSU on your phone in advance. Download the detailed start list just in case WiFi is spotty. The time schedule by skater is critical for timing bathroom and concession breaks.
If you intend to buy merch, do so before Friday.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Any tips for us newbies?

Pace yourself. I personally don’t mind missing some of the early groups in order to have a break and get a decent meal. Some people can do the marathon days without leaving the rink, but I know I’m not one of them!

Sit close to the ice at the practices if your regular seat is higher up. It’s such a cool vantage point.

AnnM

Any tips for us newbies?
  • Wear layers and bring mittens.
  • Pack some tissue, lip balm, hand cream, and mints/cough drops in your bag.
  • Look up some seated or standing yoga poses you can do discreetly during the day or be sure to do some stretches for your hips and back before bed.
  • I've found that walking around the concourse usually leads to good skater/coach sightings.
  • Don't eat nachos if you're seated within camera range!

Former Lurve Goddess

I'll be there! I have tickets for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday but will probably miss the pairs free. I'll likely end up getting some practice tickets too depending on how things go (life is somewhat complicated for me right now). My significant other will be there for some of the events but I'm soloing it for others. Anyway, I hope we organize some FSU get togethers. I promise I don't bite.🧛‍♀️;)

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Let’s organize one! What day/time are people available for a get together?
I have Weds an Thurs lunch and Friday night. Sat morning bunch of us doing a foodie walk old Montreal and another option Sunday brunch before gala. @Andrey aka Pushkin remember at Euros in Bratislava we did the escape room that was fun. The best ever FSU get together was Helsinki worlds with @Hanna and @Finnice and I did the sauna with @TAHbKA

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
I don't have any particular plans for any of the off competition time slots, and I will leave Sunday evening. The idea of some activity on one of the mornings or Sunday sounds great. I have to find what to do on Sunday anyway (Gala is unlikely to be graced by my presence, if we're realistic).

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I don’t mind missing the women’s practice, so Friday morning before the RD would be my preferred breakfast slot.

4rkidz

The Queen Elizabeth hotel is the main host hotel and hub for downtown as part of the underground and train station below. There is a nice cafe there and also artisan market place etc it is where the shuttles leave too for both rinks and also just a short walk from Bell Centre. Not a bad meeting place.

Former Lurve Goddess

The Queen Elizabeth hotel is the main host hotel and hub for downtown as part of the underground and train station below. There is a nice cafe there and also artisan market place etc it is where the shuttles leave too for both rinks and also just a short walk from Bell Centre. Not a bad meeting place.
I'd definitely like some company on the Thursday morning (March 21). I'd also avoid meeting at the QEH on Saturday, March 23 - the day of former PM Brian Mulroney's funeral.

4rkidz

I'd definitely like some company on the Thursday morning (March 21). I'd also avoid meeting at the QEH on Saturday, March 23 - the day of former PM Brian Mulroney's funeral.

Oh yes I forgot about that! Thursday morning works, any thoughts as to where? My shift doesn’t start till after lunch at the Verdun rink and men’s short starts at 11.10 at Bell Centre.

kimkom

I’m not flying in until Wednesday morning, so if there’s anything planned Wednesday afternoon on, I’m in!

4rkidz

🍽☕🥯🥗 AMÉA CAFÉ: DOWNTOWN MTL
Located in the same area as the arena and nestled within Montreal's historic Maison Alcan building (1902) , this unique cafetaria- style café has a breakfast and lunch menu created by the chief Michael Coppa inspired by his travels and roots the Mediterranean and Italy. Derived from the French word "âme" meaning soul, Améa is an ode to the vision, warmth and heart behind our menu.

Specialities: Pastry, Pizzas 🍕, tartares and much more.
11 min 🚶‍♂️ from the Bell C.

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
*Brunch on Sunday.

4rkidz

Actually I realized my shift is Tuesday night so I am out for Tuesday. But good the dance practice is on I can watch that on my break

MorganaLefay

I will be there Wed through Sat night. Sat morning foodie tour sounds yummi, I'd love to join and hope to see some of you in the stands before. My problem is that it's a "work vacation" so I will need to work, somehow:) but I was very productive at the Nationals this year, so I hope will be the same here! I am amazed at the recommendations for the newbies: I only do one thing out of all of them: walking in the hallways:) So, this will be my 6th Worlds: DC, Moscow, LA, Boston and Helsinki--but sadly, I missed the Helsinki's highlight, aka Finnice's sauna:)

4rkidz

I will be there Wed through Sat night. Sat morning foodie tour sounds yummi, I'd love to join and hope to see some of you in the stands before. My problem is that it's a "work vacation" so I will need to work, somehow:) but I was very productive at the Nationals this year, so I hope will be the same here! I am amazed at the recommendations for the newbies: I only do one thing out of all of them: walking in the hallways:) So, this will be my 6th Worlds: DC, Moscow, LA, Boston and Helsinki--but sadly, I missed the Helsinki's highlight, aka Finnice's sauna:)
We did meet in Helsinki I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information