RIP John Heard

Rob

Beach Bum
I briefly dated John Heard back in the 80s. Such a brilliant and tortured man.

Rob

Beach Bum
Why do you say tortured?
He was never violent to me in any way, but if you google, you will see numerous stories from the time I knew him and after. He would be sweet, then domineering and possessive. It is publicly documented that he drank too much and got out of control. One reason that I only dated him briefly is that he was fairly obsessed with certain actresses and would rant about them. Was divorced from one of them, hadn't married the other yet. But it was clear he was dating me because I reminded him of one of them. Made me uncomfortable, but all in all, he was sweet to me -- he wasn't obsessed with me so we stayed friends for a few years after we stopped seeing each other so I continued to see the highs and lows.

One of my favorite stories is that I was out to dinner with a friend sitting at a 4-top, and he came into the restaurant. He saw me so he came over and sat down. A little while later, his ex-wife Margot Kidder walked in. He wasn't expecting her so he said oh, oh, but she saw him and came over and sat down. Then Christopher Walken walked in. He saw them so he came over. No more chairs so he just took me by the arm, pulled me out of my seat, sat down, and put his arms around me and sat me down on his lap. I'd never met him before. Ok, I just kept eating my dinner, he ordered a drink, then left after a while. John picked up the whole check. NY Post reported the next day that Heard, Kidder, and Walken were seen at the restaurant having dinner with 2 unknown redheads, one of whom was sitting in Walken's lap. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information