Really, part deux

Gerry

Thank you all... today is Day 510, and I'm away working for a few days again, in the midst of another Alberta spring snowfall warning. Yuck. We are about ready for spring...

When I left last night, Lee was comfortable and talking a little; and her nurse came in to start her shift by checking on her. As she took vitals and re-arranged her a bit, she kept up a cheerful conversation with Lee, and I was reminded of how much these girls go out of their way to help her out... the whole team here is very familiar with Lee and they all get in to see her and say hi. They notice when her condition gets better or worse because they pay attention to her every shift, even when they are on different assignments.

If you get a moment and have the inclination, send a short note or postcard to the nurses at:

Rimbey Hospital and Care Centre
Acute Care Nursing Desk
5228 50 Avenue
Rimbey, AB
T0C 2J0

They would get such a kick out of seeing how many people are on Lee's team, and how spread out that network is; most importantly, nurses don't get to hear how awesome they are nearly often enough!

Have a great day, yourselves... you guys are awesome, too!

Gerry

Thank you for this; I'm leaving for a week (waiting to board my plane; have to work whether I want to or not), so I guess we can all be thinking of Lee.

Last saw her at 6 PM. She was looking good, said goodbye, told me she loved me.

Funny, going away for work always seemed like separate vacations before all this. I miss her already.

barbarafan

Thank you for this; I'm leaving for a week (waiting to board my plane; have to work whether I want to or not), so I guess we can all be thinking of Lee.

Last saw her at 6 PM. She was looking good, said goodbye, told me she loved me.

Funny, going away for work always seemed like separate vacations before all this. I miss her already.

I know she will miss you.......on the other hand it will make her feel more normal (that she is not taking you completely away from any other life you may have than sitting in her room) as well it can be a motivation to work hard to improve more to make you happy upon your return. Take good care of yourself.

Gerry

Good afternoon, team!

Today is Day 530, and apparently, Spring has come to Alberta! The snow is gone, the water has dried up, and I have only just begun to fall behind on yardwork!

Yesterday and today, Lee has been doing better... we have been wheeling outside into the sunshine and fresh air, for the first time since August. She still isn't talking too much, but she is visibly more stable, and seems to be responding well. Her skintone is better, she is more relaxed, and her eyes...

I have to tell you this one - don't ever tell her I said anything, or she will beat me.

She was laying on her back watching TV - hadn't really said anything to me since she woke up - I was doing some stretching/range of motion work on her legs (her hamstrings are still fairly constricted, and we are working on that every change I get.

Anyway, as I was stretching her leg, talking away (just filling the silence, because she wasn't talking much) her Ostomy burped. I gave her a wide-eyed look of surprise, and said "Did you just Fart at me?"

She just looked at me like I'd lost my mind, and then she snorted out loud, closed her eyes, and shook her head (as if to say "I can't believe you just said that..."). When she opened her eyes and looked at me again, I put my ear down close, and she leaned forward and kissed my ear, then whispered "You're an idiot".

Yep. That's me. Grinning like a fool. And if you ever say anything to her, I'll deny it.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping an eye on her while I was away... in 8 days, I was in Lethbridge, Calgary, Denver, Saskatoon, Brooks, and home... 4 flights, 5 different hotels, a bunch of driving, and away from her way too much. I phoned every day (and a few times when I woke up in the dark), my son dropped in on her a few times while I was away, so we got to talk on facetime a bit, and he sent me a few pictures to keep me going... and I felt better knowing you were there in spirit. Your thoughts are a constant source of support to us.

Have a great day! (I sure am)
Gerry

skateboy

Anyway, as I was stretching her leg, talking away (just filling the silence, because she wasn't talking much) her Ostomy burped. I gave her a wide-eyed look of surprise, and said "Did you just Fart at me?"

She just looked at me like I'd lost my mind, and then she snorted out loud, closed her eyes, and shook her head (as if to say "I can't believe you just said that..."). When she opened her eyes and looked at me again, I put my ear down close, and she leaned forward and kissed my ear, then whispered "You're an idiot".

That's our really! Thanks for the update, @Gerry .

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information