Really, part deux

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
Good afternoon, team!

Today is Day 530, and apparently, Spring has come to Alberta! The snow is gone, the water has dried up, and I have only just begun to fall behind on yardwork!

Yesterday and today, Lee has been doing better... we have been wheeling outside into the sunshine and fresh air, for the first time since August. She still isn't talking too much, but she is visibly more stable, and seems to be responding well. Her skintone is better, she is more relaxed, and her eyes...

I have to tell you this one - don't ever tell her I said anything, or she will beat me.

She was laying on her back watching TV - hadn't really said anything to me since she woke up - I was doing some stretching/range of motion work on her legs (her hamstrings are still fairly constricted, and we are working on that every change I get.

Anyway, as I was stretching her leg, talking away (just filling the silence, because she wasn't talking much) her Ostomy burped. I gave her a wide-eyed look of surprise, and said "Did you just Fart at me?"

She just looked at me like I'd lost my mind, and then she snorted out loud, closed her eyes, and shook her head (as if to say "I can't believe you just said that..."). When she opened her eyes and looked at me again, I put my ear down close, and she leaned forward and kissed my ear, then whispered "You're an idiot".

Yep. That's me. Grinning like a fool. And if you ever say anything to her, I'll deny it.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping an eye on her while I was away... in 8 days, I was in Lethbridge, Calgary, Denver, Saskatoon, Brooks, and home... 4 flights, 5 different hotels, a bunch of driving, and away from her way too much. I phoned every day (and a few times when I woke up in the dark), my son dropped in on her a few times while I was away, so we got to talk on facetime a bit, and he sent me a few pictures to keep me going... and I felt better knowing you were there in spirit. Your thoughts are a constant source of support to us.

Have a great day! (I sure am)
Gerry
Glad you guys are doing ok. Stomas can be quite amusing at times with their burping

Gerry

Hello, everyone! I'm back from work again, greeted by surprises from the wonderful team of SkateFans that has been supporting Lee and I for the last 543 days.

I will post a picture of the lovely flowers as soon as I figure out how... I asked Lee what she wanted to say to you and she said "tell them 'Thank You'... they make me smile."

I honestly don't know what to say to you all right now, but I'll work up something for later. Thank you; we both are humbled, and we love love you all.
rD6AeDU76tuk6vmzpeBc1pH1xc4gF_DHYaVThMXPiNzV2m1K-PeSYr87PaLPSsSsZ4N4wDhv4e6WzFVXiXpvPbEOiNhI8vbF0ZYh12_5HCjoxwH9bxBowd1Z7fQNTCEb-Kv6imiQWI9B7c19ku8ab-VWakr28f8lEx_N32R99B4G2oyPkZFD2R2nUvpCdCUbzlZ00wCel6IncE6Cl7nXb6Mn8y9p17iPZvHDL8MsChLOZnqI_RCIXwPyEXtOVeF1fqYB2Xf2v14z-JNQaBS-MROf_WTjLryj3JWgtiWV4akyZdVTvSPkxsGBYW9dI2vZIT7hZ_0tlerUtOKwLHKOu8ZZGcuMxIMs17qY_-aKh_LZPjqmX7vm8xUT30U__FZwR_HU7HAEcSfkb6fJSke7nT8uU21_-NYpvRLuIizUd-2-SgPUCRSfO4cXECZo1_FDefCvB-BFa7ik58LMNXtb06fyytSjdnAnlydoI3HT8Nwp58GSsrTPtl_c8o3L_mcPLKscc-YOUf0LemkY3vfS9Ck6D5yRd7JpXZGyF1VjNMHQcOti4lCarretlNXbbcc5-ZW6Eligy3nbNrBaWv8zJOpaZm4G7laSbl-0l1E=w644-h858-no

Last edited:

Gerry

I just want to tell all of you how amazing you are... Lee and I were checking out her beautiful bouquet of flowers today, and she spoke of how pretty they were - I told her that the pink ones were hydrangea and she said 'That's right... I forgot. They are pretty.'

Through this long journey, your cards, happy words, thoughts and prayers, and flowers have been a constant source of support and have helped us to keep taking those slow steps forward. Lee has been overwhelmed by the love you have shown; I read all of your cards to her (when she isn't able to read them herself) and I can see in her eyes that she can feel you through your words. Those cards, little notes, and gifts have amazed her healthcare teams, and all of us.

A Special Thanks to PatC, for organizing this, for the sometimes-daily checkins to see how Lee is doing, and for making sure that we take care of ourselves, so we can care for Lee. Tonight, I think I'll sit on the deck with a glass of wine and pretend that Lee and I are watching the sunset, just like we did from that same spot, 2 years ago... times were happier then, but every day means more, now.

From Lee, myself, and our family, Thank You.

Jayar

Thank you for making us feel like we are part of your family, @Gerry. Lee has told us so much about all of you that I am sure that most of us feel like we know you quite well. We are here for you as long as you need us, and I just know that she will be home enjoying that sunset with you before summer's end :)

FreeAgent

T
Thank you for making us feel like we are part of your family, @Gerry. Lee has told us so much about all of you that I am sure that most of us feel like we know you quite well. We are here for you as long as you need us, and I just know that she will be home enjoying that sunset with you before summer's end :)

INDEED!!!!

Couldn't find better words :)

Gerry

Hi team!

Lee is awake and looking great today! She absolutely lurves her new flowers, and said to say thank you, they are lovely.

I've been reading her your notes and cards, and the things written in this thread. She thinks 4cc tickets are expensive, but that it's a nice place to go for a competition.

She says to say thanks to everybody. Thanks from me, too... I was away working (went to Toronto for a few days to work with a bunch of French Immersion teachers), and when I got back yesterday, she was noticeably brighter, more talkative, and moving better. This morning, she has new flowers from her friends, and is in pretty good spirits.

Right now, she is trying to scratch her nose. And I'm watching her struggle with the diminished range of motion. I'm going to let her struggle... until she gets frustrated... that's how incremental improvements work.

Anyway, thanks again. It's nice to know I can leave her in good hands and earn my keep, and I feel better knowing you guys have her back.

Have a great Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information