Project Runway Spring 2019 Bravo

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m looking forward to tonight’s premiere. The original production team, Magical Elves, is back. That gives me high hopes for more design and less drama. Having Christian Siriano as mentor should be interesting!

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I will really miss Tim Gunn, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what Christian Siriano brings to the show.

Aceon6

I’m impressed. I won’t spoil it for those who will be catching up online, but the auffing clearly shows that the Elves won’t tolerate bitchiness just to create workroom drama.

Technical notes:
- only two of the models can’t walk... probably a record
- at least a third of the models are size 8 or bigger and the designers had no choice
- Christian’s mellowed from a moody/bitchy 21 yo to a fully formed human with no loss of wit
- IMO, Karly’s a lot easier to take than Heidi
- it’s nice that Nina has another editor to interact with

Early reviews are good. Check out tomandlorenzo.com for a decent rundown.

Rob

Beach Bum
I liked Karly. I liked the suit-like garment better than the one that won. It was one of the only looks I have seen on PR that I could actually wear.

skatemomaz

Resist
Just watched. So happy it's back on Bravo and produced by Magical Elves. Loved how they focused so much actual process. Christian was a delight and I just had to laugh every time he and Karlie stood side by side. How tall is Karli? :eek:

RoseRed

Just watched. So happy it's back on Bravo and produced by Magical Elves. Loved how they focused so much actual process. Christian was a delight and I just had to laugh every time he and Karlie stood side by side. How tall is Karli? :eek:
She's really tall. 6'2" without heels I believe.

TheGirlCanSkate

I felt like I didn't really see much of what was going on in the workroom and the runway show, it felt like I couldn't really see the full garment walking down. The camera kind of cropped it. Personally I think two should have gone home. I think the workroom is a weird shape and people aren't really near each other. It felt rough.

puglover

I am not sure we get this program but I am really interested as a great guy we knew in Samoa is, I believe, competing this season. His name is Afu Ah Loo. He is super talented and just a fantastic guy. Samoans are great seamstresses and usually use old pedal sewing machines due to the exorbitant costs of electricity on the islands.

RoseRed

I am not sure we get this program but I am really interested as a great guy we knew in Samoa is, I believe, competing this season. His name is Afu Ah Loo. He is super talented and just a fantastic guy. Samoans are great seamstresses and usually use old pedal sewing machines due to the exorbitant costs of electricity on the islands.
You may be able to find episodes on DailyMotion if you don't get the channel. I've watched episodes on there before.

skatemomaz

Resist
Second episode was even better than the first. This was an awesome challenge! The winning team was incredible and I loved how they worked together as a team. Tessa taking charge had all kinds of potential for drama, but she proved that she was a natural leader even if her construction skills weren't at Sebastian's level. That she stepped up and openly acknowledged the work that Sebastian did was a sign of a true collaborative leader.

The safe teams didn't even come close to the level of the winning team and there were some downright yikes looks that were damn lucky the losing team was even worse. Rakan's look was a travesty and totally insulting to his poor model.
I wonder if Hester is going to continue being annoying AF all season?

Losing team was awful all around and absolutely the right person was aufed.

Christian was awesome, his advice is constructive and he forces the designers to step back and think about what they are about to do. I was dying when he went ballistic on Hester and her insistence on blue tulle, more blue tulle, must have all the tulle! :lol:

Judges have such good and constructive comments, I am loving Brandon, and Elaine, and of course Nina Garcia!

Aceon6

The salient point for me is how the judges describe why they like what they like. That was missing in the prior incarnation.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Kovid is the sweetest person in the entire world and I feel like if he is sad the world should be sad with him...and then collectively cheer him up.

skatemomaz

Resist
Afa's design was part of the winning team on the last challenge. It was gorgeous :swoon:.

puglover

Afu seems to be a fan favorite, too
Honestly, it could not happen to a nicer guy. I saw some of his creations in Samoa, including a few wedding dresses he designed and made. They are so very limited in what they can access and use there and then the amount they can charge is so low. I am so glad he is going to be able to make a living using his talent.

skatemomaz

Resist
I just realized what was bugging me about Hester's look in this second challenge. It's almost identical to what she sent down the runway in the opening episode when they had a fashion show to introduce the designers. Lots of blue fcuking tulle and blue ribbon edging :rolleyes:

Aceon6

Interesting decision last night. Hester’s look made my eyes twitch and it was really over styled. I’d have given it to Sebastian again, maybe even Kovid.

Whatever the judges pick, this is SO much better than Lifetime. I think it’s because everyone on the panel plus Christian seems to be having so much fun.

skatemomaz

Resist
I understand why they gave the win to Hester, but the construction was poor and definitely not my cup of tea. I liked that the judges gave specific reasons in their deliberations. I much preferred Sebastian's look, so beautiful and wearable. It was Kovid's look that made me smile.

I was really frustrated with some of the safe designers, several had some really great designs but ugly or boring prints. I was yelling at the two who went with camouflage. Seriously? Camouflage? :scream:

Nadine was awful to her model, who I thought had a killer body. This is the second week in a row that Rakan sent a hot mess down the runway. :yikes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information