Netflix/Prime/Hulu Discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Wasn't sure where else to post this. DirecTV has had the EPIX channels for about 3 months now. It's a premium package for 5.99 per month, and I decided to get it since I have the cheapest package that DirecTV offers.

EPIX

If you don't have it, consider it because EPIX shows some of the latest movies plus a variety of older movies, too, all commercial free. A new series, (EPIX original) War of the Worlds, airs tonight beginning at 8p.m. (central) starring Elizabeth McGovern, Gabriel Byrne, Lea Drucker, Adel Bencherif, Natasha Little, and Guillaume Gouix.

War of the Worlds Trailer 2020.

I've already signed in using my DirecTV acct. and password to watch it online, and it's worth watching. I'll definitely be watching the whole season. I won't give any additional info because I don't wish to spoil it for anyone that hasn't watched the premiere yet.

Lucy25

Just started watching "Next In Fashion". It's like Project Runway on steroids. It starts with a series of pair challenges whose dynamics are interesting but in some cases predictable in that some of the pairs knew each other before the competition; others not at all. When 8 designers remain, it becomes a single designer challenge.

It is far more international than Project Runway and geared to what I would think is the 18-34 demographic. In many cases, it focuses on street style while Project Runway is not as bleeding edge. But it is interesting as many of the designers are very talented.

I have just started watching the series, and I love it so much more than project runway. With real designers and stylists, I feel like I am learning so much more about the fashion industry. I also kind of like how they focus on designing and little to zero stupid drama.

sk9tingfan

Not on Netflix or Hulu, I've started watching the Alienist on TNT, which follows having read the book. The latter was so intense that I would have to periodically put down the book and take a deep breath. I've watched only the first episode. Time and tolerance will tell if I can make it through the entire series. However, it is fascinating in that it reviews what New York City was around the turn of the 20th century when Teddy Roosevelt was the Commissioner of Police and modern police investigation techniques were being introduced as well as psychiatric diagnostic methods. Not for the faint of heart!

Not on Netflix or Hulu, I've started watching the Alienist on TNT, which follows having read the book. The latter was so intense that I would have to periodically put down the book and take a deep breath. I've watched only the first episode. Time and tolerance will tell if I can make it through the entire series. However, it is fascinating in that it reviews what New York City was around the turn of the 20th century when Teddy Roosevelt was the Commissioner of Police and modern police investigation techniques were being introduced as well as psychiatric diagnostic methods. Not for the faint of heart!

Oh, it’s sooo worth sticking with. It is, um, intense. And dark. But so well done.

sk9tingfan

Episode 8 of Sanditon was sad as expected. It will be interesting to see if the US ratings were sufficient to warrant PBS picking it up for a second season.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Episode 8 of Sanditon was sad as expected. It will be interesting to see if the US ratings were sufficient to warrant PBS picking it up for a second season.

I think I would have been sadder if they'd developed the romance more. Sidney was such a prick for most of the series (albeit a very hot prick lol) that I was rooting more for the nice architect to get together with Charlotte.

LeafOnTheWind

Amazon Prime has a series of Movies for Cats. I laughed but put one on just to see what my fur kids would do. Forest songbirds is just an hour's worth of video at a bird feeder.

The cats are mesmerized and trying to get closer to the birds on tv.

PML at the credits. It stars Cardinal, Blue Jay, Carolina Wren and Dark Eyed Junco. Directed by Backyard Birder.

starrynight

Watched the new 2019 Lion King on Disney+ and it was truly awful. What a travesty.

The expressionless animals are just standing there while someone has dubbed over badly sung re-recordings of the original soundtrack.

Japanfan

I'm wondering if we are an episode behind here in Canada? The episode I saw didn't feel like a finale. It ends with:

Sydney telling Miss Heywood that he is his most authentic and true self when he is with her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information