Netflix “Bad Sport” documentary series (featuring SLC Pairs)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
1. I went to Jamie Sale's IG and twitter and can't find any anti-vax tweets.
2. If she is ... I learned a long time ago that figure skaters generally are raised very conservatively and therefore have political viewpoints very different from mine. I still want to enjoy Todd Eldredge or Paul Wylie's skating ...
You can be raised in a certain way or ‘bubble’ and still change your views or outlook of the world, especially considering they are top-level skaters who actually have traveled around the world. I don’t think most members on this board give other conservative members the same benefit of the doubt when they share their own views ;)

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
People should be more upset with Marina Anissina then anybody. What a piece of work she was.
She totally was, I don't know how much of a role she played. I can understand the "we're not horrible people" angle, as they did skate well. But S&P had the gold medal performance that night and to not even acknowledge that is a problem.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I'm not so sure of that, the way PCS have been marked historically. Transitions marks, in particular, have been rather a joke.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
But S&P had the gold medal performance that night and to not even acknowledge that is a problem.
I will drink to that,dear. The delusion from some here is sadly out of control.

Imagine if it had been judged with COP, B/S would've had an outstanding lead after the SP and would win the long as well.
Thank goodness this competition was not judged under COP (which has RUINED our sport,by the way). Your scenario holds absolutely zero merit.

And one of those admitted to being pressured to judge the way she did and said that in front of the other judges and at least one member of the Technical Committee, on two separate occasions, so...
Preach it sister. The corruption of the judges was more widespread than the triple twist crash landing by the Russians.

-BB

Judy

There were only nine people who got to decide if it was a gold medal performance that night and five of them didn’t think it was. :saint:
The French judge said that she knew her marks were wrong. Therefore there wasn't a 5-4 split that was legitimate. One of the judge's - not Canadian - witnessed the exchange. There were three judges that witnessed the exchange. I always like to have facts Vs just opinions. I simply don't understand your reasoning with this.

Last edited:

suef

As someone who contracted covid and almost died due to the @##^%*&$ on the train I rode who refused to wear masks (and also the police who refused to enforce the mandate for mask wearing) I have no problem with being disgusted by what Jaime Sale is "liking" on her Twitter feed.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I finally got around to watching the actual program. Not a whole lot more to add that hasn't been said, it's obviously the view from North America/Canada specifically, not mentioning anything about the lead-up to the Games. They only really said 'S/P started to win everything'-- but nothing about 2001 Worlds being similar in 'mistake' vs. clean, etc.

Moskvina, Benoit Lavoie, and Bezic (by extension) are a bit delusional. Moskvina saying it was small details instead of a mistake, Lavoie pushing that the Russians had 'three' major mistakes, and I as I referenced in an earlier post I believe Bezic saying at some point that B/S had FOUR mistakes are all just :rolleyes: People have already mentioned S/P's agent suggesting that maybe the warm-up incident was intentional is also :rolleyes: I felt like Jamie was talking about their typical schedule in the six-minute warm-up as a way of saying B/S should've known her exact ice pattern down to the second, but who knows.

Another thing- Brennan can be thrown into delusional because she was trying to say 5.7's and 5.8's for technical merit and mostly 5.9's for presentation (B/S marks) were gold-medal winning marks. She knew damn well having been a fan for as long as she had that there was enough room to give Jamie and David the top ordinal if the judges wanted, and Hamilton even said repeatedly that there's 'lots of room. These are normally not gold medal-winning marks.' I don't hate on Brennan as much as most people do on FSU :lol: and still remember reading and loving Inside Edge and Edge of Glory when I was still a pre-teen, but she really amps up the dramatics every chance she gets.

I still go back to Bezic's contradictions and think it's hilarious:

During B/S' artistic marks: "The program is the most difficult because the choreography weaves, all the tricks, in and out.. and that was given credit."

During S/P's technical marks: "Elena and Anton's program was still harder, technically it is a little bit harder. This was better skated, that's why it's only just a little bit ahead."

So her commentary gives explanation on both marks why it could've been/was close, and even an explanation of how B/S could've won it on the second mark, yet three seconds later she and Hamilton were in meltdown mode. Okayyyy.

Turnips2026

She isn’t tweeting it herself.

She is giving likes on Twitter to some anti-vaccine proponents.
Her recent likes and tweet replies are now full-on Q-anon garbage. Like believing JFK is still alive, Trump is still president, and literally liking dozens and dozens of pro-Trump, anti-vaxx, Qanon tweets per day. She has completely gone off the deep end into the Q-cult. The timing of her likes changing to this content match up to when she became almost non-existent on social media.

Yogadgaf

Jeez. The weirdness continues. Has she had a breakdown or something? Are they still together? If so, it must be a hugely stressful time for Craig Simpson. She's annoying for sure but this is different and totally out of character for her up until about 8 months ago when social media presence stopped. Bonkers. I'm not mocking her, it's sad. Too bad.

Canadask8er

I ma glad I am not the only one that was thinking something had happened, based on her likes and sometimes comments on some anti-public health measure accounts. It is also interesting that her husband's instagram went private, and a twitter post picture has him sans-wedding ring, and retweeting pro-public health measures. Hmmm....

Sylvia

TBD
Get ready for another documentary (or docudrama?) on the SLC pairs! :D From Todd Kapostasy, Tara Lipinski's husband, to be broadcast on Peacock & NBC sometime next month: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWW9B9PJKs4/

Lipinski's recent post with preview clips of a floor dance that is supposed to represent when (from former U.S. singles & pair skater Jennifer Don in the comments - "Elena skating with abusive Oleg and Anton coming to see her in the hospital..."): https://www.instagram.com/p/CWlswISv7tk/
A little sneak peek at one of our shoots for our doc series! 🎥 This one was so special mainly because of the incredible talent we got to work with. But it was also so magical for me to see our vision of this story come to life through dance. The doc is on the 2002 Olympic judging scandal in the pairs event. REMEMBER THAT?! Get ready to hold onto your hats once again! It has been an honor to tell the story of Jamie, David, Elena and Anton. For the dedicated skating fans, can you figure out what point in history this is for one of our skaters?! 💕✨ ALSO- it’s been so fun to work with my @toddkap ✨ If you swipe through you’ll see some behind the scenes moments where you can’t see Todd but you can hear him. Hear us. I’ll always cherish these memories of what we created together. 💕✨ And last but not least - to our dancers and choreographer - You blew my mind with your skill, art, emotion, work ethic and talent. It was a blast to create this with you and thank you for bringing this delicate story to life in the most perfect way. #MEDDLING
Filming was done in Moscow & St. Petersburg as well as in Strasbourg, France, and Katie McBeath/Nate Bartholomay filmed something for this doc. late one night in a Los Angeles area rink (eta that it was at Anaheim Ice - from her IG): https://www.instagram.com/p/CWTqy5YPeOy/

Last edited:

Yogadgaf

Yup, from no hint of anything and all of a sudden Twitter is buzzing (relatively speaking) with what's wrong and are they together. I don't think she's a lunatic. Something's wrong. Even using the word fu**ers in a Twitter response. You don't have to like her, but she always was a lady and also spoke appropriately and with good manners.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I think they're both wrong: the person who is in a relationship and seeing someone else in secret as well as the person who is single, but doesn't care about sleeping with someone who is already in a serious relationship. Where is the respect for each other if people think cheating is okay?

There are exceptions of course, like someone being in an abusive relationship and having difficulties getting away, I'd understand that person cheating. Or if the serious relationship is already over.
Surprisingly, I don't think there are exceptions. Just people trying to justify their actions.

From Webster's: "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage,"

If a person is married, they are married, and all rules apply. Period.

If you are in an abusive relationship, how do you find the time and freedom to have an affair? And why is that ok? If you need support in leaving.........great get that. There are agencies that will help. And you don't even have to sleep with anyone.

Why would you cheat if a relationship is over? If it is over, move on. Doesn't justify cheating.

Yogadgaf

Sports personality Tara Slone who is on Sportsnet and Hometown Hockey and is professional friends with Craig Simpson, just replied to a tweet containing a screenshot of one Jamie Sale's crazy comments with this reply:
"It's just...heartbreaking" (💔💔💔)

So it appears as if there is a big problem here. And it's recognized. The poor kids. Poor everybody. Absolutely yikes..😯

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I assume you know that is not true?

What isn't true? That ardent Q-Anon adherents are not exhibiting distressing changes that are like a mental illness?

I'd like to believe you're saying "Q-Anon bullshit" isn't true. But I haven't spent a lot of time in PI of late to see which way the wind blows.

Sports personality Tara Slone who is on Sportsnet and Hometown Hockey and is professional friends with Craig Simpson, just replied to a tweet containing a screenshot of one Jamie Sale's crazy comments with this reply:
"It's just...heartbreaking" (💔💔💔)

So it appears as if there is a big problem here. And it's recognized. The poor kids. Poor everybody. Absolutely yikes..😯

I loved Tara Slone in Joydrop frim 1998. Amazing the way her career has gone. (I don't remember her on Rockstar, so)

Jamie kept a pretty good lid on things as a competitor and skater, in general, until their marks came up at the Olympics. Even flashes of confidence like her "this is my rink" declaration were pretty tame. But her evolution since retiring from amateur skating makes the Q-Anon association... sadly unsurprising.

I would be sad to hear about trouble with her marriage/family. COVID takes no prisoners sometimes.

Turnips2026

I ma glad I am not the only one that was thinking something had happened, based on her likes and sometimes comments on some anti-public health measure accounts. It is also interesting that her husband's instagram went private, and a twitter post picture has him sans-wedding ring, and retweeting pro-public health measures. Hmmm....
Yeah, he is clearly posting lots of pro-vaxx content. And his recent hockey fights cancer post with him holding a sign has him sans ring, whereas the previous photos of him on the same occasion in 2016, 2017, and 2019 all have him with a ring (along with a photo in May 2020). (Look at his media tab on Twitter)

They seem to be done-zo. I feel so bad for her kids. Hopefully David and Craig are preventing them from being brainwashed too.

I sincerely hope she gets help. She also went from being just a regular life coach to a neuro pseudoscience coach affiliated with some weird institute.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information