Nathan Chen (#Slaythan Fans) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
A couple of tweets re. Nathan's pre-Nationals media call:

FigureSkatersOnline:
.@nathanwchen has been in Calif. for 2 weeks working w/Rafael Arutunian. He will head back to Yale before heading to #USChamps19 as his spring term starts next week. Nathan says he will likely stay full-term at Yale for least one more year and that he did get A's & B's last term.
Lynn Rutherford:
#USChamps19 call @nathanwchen After a good fall at Yale he's happy to be back training w/R. Arutunian. Re: quads, they're "Playing around w/different layouts. I want to bring back the lutz in the (FS) but it will probably be similar (to Grand Prix Final)...I want a clean program"
Phil Hersh:
Nathan Chen has been fortunate that Yale’s academic schedule has had breaks during three of his four competitions so far this season, but that won’t be the case for #USChamps19 or Four Continents. He wouldn’t commit to Four Continents if selected for it.

alexikeguchi

1. Why is Nathan's thread on page four?
2. I will eat crow, because I didn't think Nathan could be a full time student on the other side of the country from his coach and continue to skate at a world beating level, but he is actually better than ever. He is truly god tier.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
WOW.... he is only getting BETTER! Both those programs are AMAZING!!!

Im curious what were the 3 Japanese scores at Japan Nationals?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music selections he gets every year.. so much interesting music. SO INNOVATIVE!

DOyou think he will pass on 4CC even tho they are in USA.... Just a trip back to CA???

AMAZINGGGGGG PROGRAMS!!!!!!

The costume that has a malfunction or something looked really cool. I hope we get a chance to see it....

Firedancer

WOW.... he is only getting BETTER! Both hose programs are AMAZING!!!

Im curious what were the 3 Japanese scores at Japan Nationals?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music selections he gets every year.. so much interesting music. SO INNOVATIVE!

DOyou think he will pass on 4CC even tho they are in USA.... Just a trip back to CA???

AMAZINGGGGGG PROGRAMS!!!!!!

The costume that has a malfunction or something looked really cool. I hope we get a chance to see it....

I do think he is skipping 4CCs. He keeps saying he is looking forward to worlds and doesn’t mention 4CCs.

Allskate

I do think he is skipping 4CCs. He keeps saying he is looking forward to worlds and doesn’t mention 4CCs.

I think it makes sense for him to skip 4CCs. Worlds should be his priority as well as avoiding burnout in the long term. (People tend to think of him as superhuman, but he proved at the Olympics that he does have at least a tiny chink mentally.) He is skating the best of his life right now. It probably helped that he had a break from school for several weeks. Going to Yale full-time and preparing for Worlds is enough.

Firedancer

I think it makes sense for him to skip 4CCs. Worlds should be his priority as well as avoiding burnout in the long term. (People tend to think of him as superhuman, but he proved at the Olympics that he does have at least a tiny chink mentally.) He is skating the best of his life right now. It probably helped that he had a break from school for several weeks. Going to Yale full-time and preparing for Worlds is enough.

I completely agree

Skittl1321

Nathan was incredible. It was just his TES.
I watched Nationals with the sound off (for most of them, the music is irrelevant). I could tell when his music changed and what kind of emotion it then reflected. He isn't just quads. His artistry is there too

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
In case this non-geoblocked vid gets taken down from YT, there's also a fancam of his FS which gives you a good view of his ice coverage and element placement.
You know what this fancam shows that you don't see on the up close is how well he builds speed in the footwork. Also this may sound weird but his euler is really floaty. You can't see that on the up close vids.

SkateFanBerlin

Does Nathan's FS leave anyone else cold? The jumping is amazing but it seems like he is just skating back and forth between jumps. Like the short much more.

olympic

If Nathan skates like that at Worlds, where do you think he will place?

I think he beats Uno, but I'm not sure about Hanyu.

I see Worlds as a race between the 2 JPN men, Chen with Boyang as the dark horse (considering his performance at CHN Nationals). I think the Korean wunderkind still has to develop a bit more to truly be a threat, and the men's results at Euros weren't all that encouraging: Men who could be a real threat like Kolyada and Brezina faltered (after Brezina has performed so well recently). Samarin scored high but his PCS leave a bit to be desired.

Firedancer

I think worlds is primarily between Nathan, Uno & Hanyu. I think Jin could medal if others make mistakes.

If Nathan skates like this at worlds, I think he will likely win. I think it is highly unlikely all three (or even two of them) will skate two clean programs and we don't know how healthy Hanyu is/will be. The only problem for Nathan is worlds being in Japan. If Hanyu does not make a major error they are going to give it to him, no matter what anyone else does.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
If Yuzuru and Nathan skate clean, it's going to Yuzuru. If Shoma and Nathan skate clean, it's probably going to Shoma because Japan. If none of them skate clean I think Yuzu has a bigger cushion than Nathan, but Nathan has a bigger cushion than Shoma. If all three go clean then I won't try to predict that, but what a great competition that will be.

LeafOnTheWind

I'm cheering for everyone to go clean because I've been dying to see perfect performances from all of them. We got them from Chen at Nationals but I still need to see Shoma and Yuzuru going perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information